Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Happy birthday Google!

Sanne Moderator

Today is Google's 14th birthday. Do you remember the internet before Google? Do you remember how Google became your most used search engine as you grew older? The arrival of Gmail, Google Docs etc.?
Kim Site Admin

I do remember the internet before Google! It was a very odd place. Now I find myself using Google Docs every single day of my life for business and personal use. Holy cow is it great for collaborative projects.
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

I <3 Google Docs, I just wish it'd run better on my netbook. XD

I also remember when Gmail was invite-only. It was insane.
TheLily

I've been using google docs since I figured out how to use them (I'm not very bright sometimes) - and honestly I need them now. I don't know how else I'd work on stories and stuff.
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

I almost forgot to post their delicious (and clever) cakey goodness!! This is just perfect, don't you think so, Kim? ;)

Googles_14th_Birthday-2012-2-hp.gif

(Click on it if you want to watch the animation again)
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I remember the internet before Google too :)
Ilmarinen Moderator

The world before Google was a dark place indeed. I can't even remember what search engine I used! Whatever came built into AOL, I guess. ;P I LOVE gmail--I have three email addresses all hooked together! And Google Calendar is just FANTASTIC. And Google Docs Drive... like Lily, I use it extensively for storytelling AND for collaborating with coworkers on stuff! I remember showing my mom how to use it when we had to make a wind energy presentation together... her mind was blown. It was great.
Kim Site Admin

Sanne wrote:
I almost forgot to post their delicious (and clever) cakey goodness!! This is just perfect, don't you think so, Kim? ;)

Googles_14th_Birthday-2012-2-hp.gif

(Click on it if you want to watch the animation again)

I am so confused by this Google doodle. I can only barely make out that it's supposed to also be Google after it's eaten, too, and then only if I think about it really hard, and only then because someone told me that's what it's supposed to be. >.> But I forgive all the confusion because they make the rest of my life so much more convenient. XD
Minerva

I remember using webcrawler o_o Happy birthday google. You invade our privacy, you infest our lives, but god darn it, you make it so very easy.

Everyone needs to go to google and type in "do midgets".

Right now.

Just

do midgets

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Happy birthday Google!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus