Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Behind Stone Walls..

Lilim (played anonymously)

Elesa would flinch as she was touched, but welcomed the hug and the pettings and even the loving kisses warmly, seeming to quiet down just from being shown that attention. She'd feel really embarrassed to have to be carried back to the pantry and nestled in there instead of the much safer place away from potentially being found. Elesa would scoot herself under one of the shelves a bit before Voletta returned with Lilim.

As Voletta scooped Elesa up again, she'd curiously but sensitively brush her fingers tenderly over Voletta's wrists, then her neck, seeming to recognize the presence of shackle wounds all too familiarly and started to tear up all over again, crying again as she hugged Voletta apologetically as if it was her fault that she had those old and reoccurring wounds.

When The Hanged man drapes his cloak over Elesa's shoulders, she'd gasp and move to look up to him, sniffling and drying her eyes a bit with one hand before placing a hand on the cloak and petting it like it was an animal that she wanted to keep around, "Th-thank you... Again..." she says weakly. "Ma'am... Y-you didn't have to... To carry us back up here... I'm sorry that I got like that... I just... Got reminded of... Mmm..." she says timidly, moving her hand to gather her hair to one side of her head and bury her face in Voletta's shoulder again, making her slave mark visible for them both to see.

There was no mistaking those big bold blue letters on the child's soft, cream colored skin. She had clearly been a slave for a long time to have such a special mark as that. And they spelled out her name too. E L E S A

Lilim would moan softly and shift a bit, opening her lips slightly to show a small part of her teeth, almost looking like she was waiting for a prince of her own to wake her from a curse. She'd stay sound asleep though, even as Elesa cried into Voletta and made little bits of her past known.

After taking several moments to calm down, Elesa would finally continue with what she was asked before. "Yes... I feel much better now, Ma'am... Thank you, again... I'm sorry that I got like that... I just... Got reminded of some things..." she says briefly as she tucks her hair behind her back again and brings the cloak over her head to cover herself in it like a blanket. "Big Sis isn't ill though... She's just got a condition about her where her skin stays cold until her tail is given attention to... And she's so far asleep right now because she's only able to be awake at night. Please forgive me for not telling you the truth until now... I only wanted to keep Big Sis safe while she's asleep because she always keeps me safe when she's awake." Elesa says quietly and apologetically.

She'd once again reach for the side of Voletta's neck, delicately petting the scars that had been left from the neck restraint on her bed, "This... Also reminds me... Of a few things..." she says in a quieter and far more timid tone. She'd sniffle again and return her face to Voletta's shoulder to calm herself again, hugging the woman tightly and lovingly.
Voletta Lorelia (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Voletta nods at The Hanged Man, agreeing to his plan to take them to his room later. Though she would quickly turn her attention to Elesa. She would stare at Elesa curiously as she felt Elesa's fingers brush her wrists and her neck, before stumbling back as Elesa hugged her out of the blue. She just closed her eyes and continued stroking Elesa's head, slowly trying to calm her down further. She would look at Elesa concern, listening and watching as she buried her head into her shoulder. She would stroke her head, looking down at Elesa's neck and frowning, tearing up herself. She would quickly wipe her eyes though, trying to maintain her composure for Elesa's sake and The Hanged Man. Though she would gently coax Elesa off of her and movie her feet so Elesa could stare at the bottom of her foot. On the heel of her foot were a bunch of numbers on it, and her ankles would also have shackle wounds on them before she lowered her foot and went back to hug Elesa.

"It's ok...I understand what your trying to say, and your not alone, hun. At least your free now, right? You get to see the sunlight and feel the warmth of it on your skin..."

She says before looking at Elesa and smiling. Though she would turn to look at Lilim, watching her moan and chuckling as she noticed it was like she was waiting to be kissed. Though turning to Elesa when she mentioned that Lilim was forced to sleep during the day had her curious. Curious, but she wasn't about to question it right now. Instead, she would simply nod and sigh in relief, putting her back against the wall.

"Well that's a relief. I thought she was dying! Though I understand why you did it. Just...Don't go back into my room okie? Your a lot cuter when your happy!"

She says, ruffling Elesa's hair lightly before she was stopped in her tracks at the suddenness of Elesa stroking her fingers along the scars on her neck. She stares at Elesa sadly, before being pulled into a tight and loving hug, while stroking Elesa's head some more. Though after some time her stomach would growl, and Voletta's face would turn red as she slowly coaxed Elesa off of her.

"Excuse me for a moment."

She says smiling at her before slowly standing up and walking to one of the shelves. She skims through each shelf, grabbing her favorite fruit as well as The Hanged Mans, before turning to him and throwing it at him. Once she was sure he had caught it, she smiled and resumed her place by Elesa, digging into her apple happily before looking at Elesa.

"We've been working on preparations for tonight all day, so I think we've warranted a little snack break."

She says winking to her and giggling before biting into her apple again.
The Hanged Man (played anonymously)

As the young women inspected each other's similar scars, the Hanged Man found himself subconsciously wringing his wrists. Though his crow-scars dominated his arms, others lurked there as well, hidden like spirits of the flesh. He had spent time in servitude many years ago, though his memories of that time were a white haze of salai, blood, and ghapra venom. And the wails of the dying, the festering and oozy smell of the bapchi dens, dim torchlight and everpresent wet mud, the way Gat's gold neckaces gleamed on his sweaty collarbone ...

The Hanged Man snapped out of his reverie, glowering when Elesa told the truth of it: that Lilim was fine, just resting. "You picked a dangerous place to hide," he warned her. He might have had more scolding to do, but Voletta tossed him a peach, which he caught. He smirked, the expression made ugly due to the scar on his cheek, and bit into the sweet fruit. If he noticed Lilim's parted lips, he did not outwardly react. After he swallowed, he said, "But then ... the King does n-not know the face of every servant in his household."

Elesa would gasp as she sees the slave mark on Voletta's heel and the additional markings on her ankles, reaching for them slowly before the woman returned her feet to being hidden under her dress. Elesa would frown and start to tear up again, but would blink and shake her head to keep from crying again, "It always makes me sad to see others that have gone through what I did... Or are going through what I was... But yes... Thanks to Big Sis Lilim... I'm free. And... I've been able to learn so much in the time I've been free... I'm a little embarrassed to admit... I couldn't read or write or even speak until Big Sis came into my life... Just over a year ago now..." she says before modestly reaching for a bit of the fruit Voletta had brought out for her earlier.

Elesa would hold the fruit close to her chest, but wouldn't try to eat it just yet. She'd instead be looking between Voletta and the fruit again and again as though asking if it was really ok if she had it. Part of her conditioned mannerisms from her slave life was never doing anything or taking anything without some form of permission, and right now it seemed that this castle maid and safeguarding knight were the authority figures Elesa felt she needed permission from before she did anything and risked doing something she wasn't supposed to do. Closer inspection would reveal Elesa had her hands on a peach, and she was waiting for permission to eat it in case she wasn't supposed to have it.

She'd not be able to fight off cracking a real smile for the first time since they arrived at the castle and giggling cutely. Sure enough Elesa had a smile and laugh that could brighten up an entire room, and she was indeed a lot cuter when she sported it instead of a nervous frown, which had been the best of her expressions up until that point.

Elesa would look to Voletta as she speaks of the work, "Oh... I guess tending to me and Big Sis set you back a little huh?... Well... If there's anything I can do to help, even if it's just in secret, please tell me. Anything that needs done." she offers selflessly. Little did they know what exactly Elesa herself was capable of, but they would certainly be in for a surprise if they took Elesa up on her offer and had the chance to find out.

"That's true Crow...He may not even notice. But just because he doesn't notice doesn't mean that some of the other servants wont...but with that being said, we get new people all the time here, so it's not like many people would question it if they did see her..."

She says, listening to Elesa talking about how she was free. She smiles at her, noticing the fruit in her hand and raising an eyebrow at her curiously. It didn't look like she wanted to eat, or rather she was waiting on something. Maybe permission? She would slowly reach her hand out to touch Elesa's hand that held the peach, and pushed it slowly towards her to signal to her that she was ok to help herself to whatever she wanted. There was an abundance of food, and not many people would notice one or two peaches. Though Voletta wasn't particularly fond of peaches. Apples were her favorite, and she took another greedy bite out of her own before leaning against the wall, staring up at the skylight lost in thought.

"I wish I was free...I've been in servitude to his majesty since the day I was born...He keeps me heavily guarded, and has guards watching me every minute of the day...He even chains me to my bed at night to prevent me from leaving, and I've never understood why...but I do know that for some reason I'm different...He always lashes out at me and uses me when he wants to test out new fighting techniques, or when he needs to unleash some of his aggression..."

She says, trailing off as tears formed in her eyes. She quickly shook her head and wiped her eyes, before looking at a giggling Elesa. Her smile was indeed adorable, and much cuter when she smiled. She couldn't help but smile when Elesa did, before sighing and standing up, dusting off her dress and looking between Elesa and Lilim.

"There's to much to do...but we have plenty of servants in the castle, it would be appalling if they couldn't do it themselves...but if you want to help, then I won't stop you! In fact, I would really appreciate it! The dining room needs to be set, the ballroom needs cleaning and set up, the guests room need to be tended to, the banquet and festivities need preparing, and I think that's it. You can stay here, or you can help out! But if you're going to help, be careful ok? And if you need anything, ask for Voletta. That's me. And that man is Crow, and my best friend. The two of us have to be off though. We can't exactly stay hidden for long. Though we'll try and meet you back in here tonight!"

She says walking over to The Hanged Man and taking his hand, yanking him to his feet. She knew he was gonna follow her, so it really wasn't a question of would he. She turns to Elesa and smiles one more time before walking out and towards the dining room, working to gather all the silverware and plates and working to set the table and clean up the room.

Elesa would frown worriedly again and draw her arms close to her chest as Voletta speaks of how the king treats her. Every bit of her living situation was all too familiar to Elesa, and she once again shook like a leaf as she remembered being treated exactly the same way. Now it was official, Elesa had to help Voletta. And she'd certainly be talking to Lilim about doing so when she woke up.

For the time being, Elesa would reach out as Voletta started to leave and grabbed her hand, "Miss Voletta... If... If you really do want to leave... Then let Big Sis have a word with your king when she wakes up. She'll be awake come sunset. And Big Sis can be really persuasive. It's how she convinced my last master to set me free and let me go with her. You could come with us if you want." she says with a soft smile, letting Voletta's hand slip free of hers and stepping back to Lilim to sit and finally snack on the peach she was holding.

She tried to give Voletta a ray of hope for her dark predicament, and later she'd try to turn that single ray into a blinding stream of light to chase the darkness away, just as Lilim had done for her. Elesa would go about scooting Lilim around a bit after the two were left alone in the pantry, trying to slip her into a place of better cover so that if anyone else came in for supplies or something that they wouldn't stumble across Lilim and cause a scene. Elesa herself would hide away and try to get a little rest as well, but as her body rested, she'd set her mind to work. Elesa would pull one of the charms from her belt, "Seal of the Mind... Outstretched Telekinesis..." she whispers as she hugs the seal close to her chest and lets herself fall asleep.

Voletta and Crow would be the only two to notice if Elesa could help it, but wherever those two went, if they were the only ones in the room and there was even a single chore to be done, Elesa would set her mind to work. The brushes, mops, buckets, and other cleaning supplies would start to move on their own and set to work around Voletta, seeing the area cleaned and tended to in a fraction of the time it would have normally taken her to see to the task. Elesa would keep at this for the next 6 hours or so, and by late afternoon when Elesa was finally waking up, Voletta would notice that Elesa would have shaved entire days out of the work that needed done. They wouldn't know it was Elesa's doing that caused such a secret miracle for them though, until Elesa explained everything to them when they met again.

When Elesa awoke, she'd scoot slowly and quietly out of her hiding place and see to Lilim again, making sure she was still hidden away where she wasn't easy to spot, and moving to get another little snack of fruit, this time a bundle of plump green grapes. Elesa would stay vigilant to her surroundings though, so that she could quickly duck back into cover if someone entered so that she wouldn't be found easily.

(would have posted sooner but i got a phone call!)

Voletta would stop in her tracks as she felt a grip on her arm. She stared at Elesa in shock as she mentioned that her sister would talk to the king and convince him to release her. She stares at Elesa silently for a moment as she not only offered to free her, but as she offered for Voletta to come with them. She just blinks as Elesa lets go of her hand, and for a moment she didn't know what to say. Her mind was drawing a blank, and eventually she just gave Elesa a sad smile and nodded, before turning back towards the door and walking out to get her tasks done. There was a small ray of light in her dark world, but it would remain a small ray. The king was brutal and harsh, and he wouldn't be persuaded easily. The fact he kept such a strict guard on her at all times was proof of that.

As Voletta moved to the dining room and saw that they were alone, she would begin grabbing plates and bringing them over to the table, only to watch in awe as the plates moved from her hands and floated over to the table. She stared wide eyed at the events unfolding around her, before glancing at The Hanged Man, trying to confirm whether or not he was seeing the same thing she was. She continued staring as cleaning equipment moved on it's own, and cleaned the dining room and set it up in half the time it would have taken Voletta. She just blinks and stares at it, before hesitantly leaving without saying a word, doing one last double take towards the dining room. She then goes to the ballroom, only to stand there with her mouth agape as again the cleaning furniture and the decorations moved themselves, putting them in the right place, and cleaning up tidily before looking towards The Hanged Man again.

"W-What...What is going on..."

She says as she does another double take before going to the kitchen. The cooks had left to go eat, leaving them the only two in there. She would just stare wide eyed as the food cooked itself and set itself to the side, ready for tonight. She scratched her head, and continued on to the guests bedroom, only to find them cleaning themselves. She just stares at it, unable to really get used to it before turning to look at The Hanged Man. At that point, all of Voletta's tasks were done and it was almost sunset. The guests would be arriving any minute. She would return to the pantry, seeing Elesa waking up. She walks up to her and takes a seat. Though she didn't look exhausted, but rather extremely confused.

"Hey...How'd you sleep?"

She says, scratching her head and trying to process everything that had just happened. Eventually she gave up and whirled to look at The Hanged Man, her eyes curious and surprised even still.

"Ok, you saw all that to right?! Or am I just losing my mind?!"

((Argh, let me catch up please >_< I'm playing board games with my house))

((lol it's ok! Lilim went to bed and I'm about to go into work so you have plenty of time to catch up!!))

The Hanged Man pulled off his gauntlet to eat the peach, not wanting to get the sticky juice in the hinges and leather--his hand, as ugly as it was, would be much easier to clean off. He took another bite with relish. Voletta knew he had quite a sweet tooth.

gl-65639-1506742655.jpg

He no longer usually felt self conscious about his marred skin, with all its furrows and ridges of stretched scar tissue. The damage was remarkable but clearly had been aided by some kind of magical healing, or else he would have no use of his arms at all. The peach trembled in his hand as he finished it off, remaining standing as he watched the rest of the pantry. As Voletta beckoned, he wiped his hand on his gambeson and donned his gauntlet once more. "You may take her to m-my room," he told the little girl, gesturing back towards the dungeon from whence they came. "My door is blue." He then hurried after Voletta as she went about her chores.

The magical intervention, of course, changed their normal routine. The dishes floated themselves out towards the table, right in front of his face. "Er ..." He reached up to grab a fork and felt it tugging in his grasp, until he finally released it and let it shoot forward to join its fellow cutlery. "If ... If I were to wager a guess, t'would be your new little friend ..." His expression was dour. "Goddess, she's supposed to be hiding ..."

All afternoon the knight did his best to deter other servants from entering, telling them that he was punishing Voletta for some transgression, and it was her task to prepare the banquet alone. Hopefully it would work to keep prying eyes at bay, for no doubt everyone wondered if the girl was up to the insurmountable task.

When all was said and done, and as they headed back towards Lilim and Elesa, the Hanged Man broke the silence. "That girl's sister should not speak to the king." He was still chewing on the peach stone, running his tongue along its ridges. "It will not end w-well for you. But ... the choice is yours, mistress."

((At this point I think we should let Dean and Melina catch up, if they want to :D))
Melina Rose Collins (played by spider_pig_girl)

((I'm so sorry, guys! I'm gonna catch up on everything and get a post written out soon! XD ))

((it's okie!!))

((guys, Melina messaged me saying she won't be able to post today and told me to tell you to go ahead!))
Prince Merthyr was pacing around his rooms somewhat frustrated.

He was at all times accompanied by his manservant Taff, his confidante, and after so many years together, the two had grown to become best friends if not brothers.

Prince Merthyr too was watched by knights at all times and it gave him the impression of being a prisoner at his own home, Sir Lancelot and Sir Gawain were but shadows that followed him whenever he dared cross the front door of his quarters, at times, they would stand guard and watch even within his own rooms if his father was in a particularly worried or foul mood.

Worse than them was his tutor, the lord knight Pentre, who no doubt kept the king heavily informed of the prince's every word and gesture. Luckily, given the private feast, lord Pentre was occupied getting ready which gave Merthyr space and marging to breathe.

"Honestly... why can't my father understand that not all of us were born to breed? I have no intention whatsoever to marry anyone at all... not now, not ever... There are far more important matters in this realm to deal with than marriage or children, like warfare against our neighbouring kingdom and their cruel king Cenrid." pointed out Merthyr

"The king commands and we obey sire..." reminded Taff loudly and patiently, used to the prince's rants and talking aloud in case the knights had been listening into the rant, so as to dispell any thoughts of rebellion or treason

"Yes... of course... I am sure father knows best..." sighed Merthyr mortified.

Merthyr gave up complaining and walked down the hallways to make his way to the pantry to grab peaches, his favoured fruit, now that the fruit basket had ran out of them.

He was walking in a brisk, fast pace, so the knights had trouble trying to catch up to him. He also knew it was a matter of hours at most when the castle would be cluttered with damsels of all sorts ready to tear into him like piranhas into a piece of flesh.

Upon reaching the pantry he saw Voletta there and nodded briefly with a small smile of polite acknowledgement

"Do we have any peaches left, madamme? If so, may I have some, please?" asked Merthyr curteous with servants as much as he was with lords. Such deference infuriated the king very much so, because he expected Merthyr to show his superior authority at all times but the stubborn prince was having none of such rudeness.

He looked up and saw The Hanged Man and nodded respectfully too "greetings to you too sir Crow" acknowledged Merthyr, patting Elesa's head gently his eyes trailing at Lilim who laid on the ground

"Goodness, if a servant is indisposed the pantry is hardly a place for her... I shall take her to my rooms, they're warmer, the apothecary can take care of her better there" mused Merthyr lowering down and scopping Lilim in arms, assuming this one to be just another servant who may have felt unwell

He smiled at Gawain and Lancelot as soon as the two knights noticed his absence and caught up to him, handing Lilim over to Lancelot.

"The maid passed out, take her and her little sister over to my rooms... to the adjacent sleeping quarters, she can use my guest bedroom until she recovers" instructed Merthyr giving Lilim to Lancelot and so cutting down the watchful guards down to one to deal with.

"Ahh looking after your sister uh? What a brave helpful girl you are" smiled and complimented Merthyr scooping Elesa and giving her over to Gawain carefully

"Go on, sir knight, the sooner you take this child to my room, the sooner you can return to your duties... don't worry about me, Sir Crow is here already and armed to the teeth as usual" noted Merthyr cooly getting rid of both of his bodyguards and counting his blessings for the girl and the passed out maid to be there.

Once he was sure the two knights were out of sight and hearing carrying Lilim and Elesa to his chambers he looked back at Voletta

"May I have twice as many peaches? I think I have guests that might like some too" smiled Merthyr making no fuss about the unexpected help and intervention

Taff on the other hand took the opportunity of no lurking guards to question Merthyr's intentions

"Your grace, what will you do at the feast?" asked Taff raising an eye brow and keeping his tone serious

"If he dares force my hand into selecting a bride?" quizzed Merthyr not wanting to even consider such an option though he feared it was indeed looming closer to him than he would like

"Indeed, your highness, what would you do if his majesty were to command you to choose a betrothed from among all those damsels present? To refuse outright to the given orders is high treason" noted Taff a tad worried.

"I know Taff, I know better than to dare refuse orders but I am not choosing a bride either, now or ever. If he tries to force my hand, I'll get back at him, of course, I will have to defeat him with brains rather than brawn" muttered Merthyr

"Oh yes? how exactly, my liege?" questioned Taff in an inquisitive eye brow

"I will profess my love to the first castle maid that happens to be in the room." informed Merthyr with resolve

"Our laws do not allow for royalty to marry into commoners" reminded Taff as a matter of fact

"Exactly, this is why I will promise myself and my undying devotion to the first maidservant that happens to be in my line of sight" nodded Elton set on making his father all the more upset if he dared tried to force his hand into choosing a bride from among strangers.

"Goodness grief, you better ready for a harsh reprimand then" cautioned Taff

"I know... I am aware... but anything he can throw at me will be far better than marriage" smiled Merthyr "I rather torture from a whip's lashes for a month than the arms of one of those harpies for an hour. These women can bore me to death in all but two fake sentences full of lies and deceit" informed Merthyr already braced for the worse, patiently awaiting the peaches

"I disapprove of father's cruel ways and when I am king, if I even live to see the day, I'll strive to do exactly the opposite in all things" informed Merthyr with conviction "Starting with the ill treatment of servants and staff, they are the heart of the castle, our lives are enjoyable because of their efforts and such should be acknowledged" muttered Merthyr looking at Taff with a sigh

"Watch it now, you can end up in the dungeons for treason... your highness..." warned Taff watching Merthyr nod briefly going quiet and forcing a polite smile as the two knights returned to his side

"It is done... your highness" assured Sir Lancelot standing out in the corridor nearby the pantry's door. Merthyr and Taff going quiet and waiting for the peaches, if any.
Sir Henry Morgan, the leader of the The Stone Hearts, was serving drinks at the tavern he owned called "The Stone Hearts" from whence the name of the rebellious group took its name.

He was a man of principles and of noble lineage, but his objections to the ill treatment of princess Voletta and his refusal to consent to any such ill treatment had put him at odds with the king, so much so that he had been cast out of the royal army, stripped of his noble title and his lands and dominions had been confiscated in punishment and retaliation for such defiance.

After ten years of wandering in vanishment he had been permitted to return to the kingdom of Celinao, but by then he had lost his modest house and his wife to illness at the king's dungeons where his son was born. Morgan knew the king retained his son as surety for his silence, and though Morgan knew not the boy for he had never seen him as of yet, he held his peace about the princess

Behind curtains and in the shadows he was raising a group of well trained assassins of all walks of lives who had suffered at the cruelty of the king and this group called The Stone Hearts was now seeking to exact revenge and bring down the king, putting an end to his tyrany and cruel reign.

For now he had sent several men and women to work at the palace and gather what information could be of use to their cause, biding their time whilst they hatched a good enough plan. Of course, such was fraught with danger, for the king had spies among them, he knew this for sure, but he just didn't know who.

Morgan looked at Aynor and Calico and sighed heavy hearted. "It seems Jamie will be hanged for treason, at dawn... someone must have reported him as working for our cause" sighed Morgan heavy hearted, each man or woman lost was a terrible one for this closely knit group.

He continued to serve drinks, going quiet when guards like Prodius dropped by for a drink after their watch rounds or in between them

The king suspected Morgan had something to do with this group called The Stone Hearts but he could not prove a thing so for now he sent out well paid thugs to spy on the rebels and bring him names, locations and plans, to foil them and to have those involved executed or thrown at the dungeons

Elesa would hear Voletta and Crow enter, ducking back into her hiding place quickly, but coming out again once she saw who it was. she'd smile to them both softly before again hearing the pantry door swing open, only too late to duck back into cover as the prince spotted both Elesa and to her shock and surprise, Lilim, whom had been hidden under one of the shelves and had baskets and barrels set between her and direct line of sight.

Elesa would blink though and look on curiously as the prince assumes his own story and much to her surprise, does not order them locked away, but taken to his own guest quarters?... Elesa was stricken speechless by the princes unforeseen, unexpected, an unconditional kindness, but before she could gather herself to thank him, she'd find herself scooped up as well and handed off to one of the princes personal escort as well. She could only curl up against the knight's armor and let herself be carried away, her gratitude going unsaid as she was never given the chance to say her favorite phrase to the prince.

She'd also be a little heartbroken that she was being taken away from Voletta, but at least she knew who to ask for if she wanted her company again. Elesa would certainly have a lot to tell Lilim when she woke up, as well as having to remember to thank the prince for his kindness if she and Lilim were allowed to attend the ball.

Lilim would of course be helpless while she was sound asleep, though she'd cuddle into the knight that carried her up until she was laid upon the bed. Lilim would moan softly and shift slowly to make herself quickly comfortable in the bed, the task being even easier since she was now in the care of the apothecary. Elesa would have to keep a closer eye on the workers that tended to Lilim and would try to get a little closer to the bed Lilim was resting in. She had a feeling she'd have to explain things soon enough before the apothecary workers caused Lilim harm while trying to help her. All the while the child would be nervously looking out the window time and again and wish that sunset would hurry up and arrive.

It was starting to look like only Elesa knew or cared that Lilim was not a human, as the apothecary workers were hearing none of Elesa's words as she told them not to force Lilim to drink and not to try to rouse her, and it appeared the only time they stopped paying attention to Lilim was when Elesa herself collapsed to the floor in tears and cried because she was not being heard. She'd eventually beg the apothecary workers to give Lilim until dark to improve as Elesa said, and then they'd leave the room at last. Elesa would close the door quietly and take a few steps back, drawing one of her seals, "Seal of Ice... Flash Freeze..." she whispers as she summons a huge layer of ice to seal the door shut.

If anyone wanted in, they could knock and wait for permission as Elesa had been taught to do, and now Elesa had some work of her own to do undoing all the damage the apothecary had done. Force feeding her water to drink and medicines that would do nothing but really make Lilim ill... She'd work delicately with her charms one by one to get Lilim back to the way she was supposed to be, and at last she'd sigh exhaustedly and crawl into the bed with Lilim, cuddling into her to wait for the sun to set at last so Lilim could wake up and be proven healthy and safe.

Voletta would turn to face The Hanged Man, a frown spreading across her face as he mentioned that Lilim shouldn't go to see the king. She would feel her heart break a little. If it worked, it could mean her freedom, and it had sounded like he didn't want to risk it. Though Voletta personally believed some risks were worth taking. Before she could say anything, though, she would hear the door open and turn around, only to see the prince. Her eyes would widen, and she would almost immediately drop into a deep bow, keeping her head lowered to the floor.

"Y-Your majesty! H-How can I help you??"

She says, before glancing upwards and noticing him pick up Lilim and handing her off to one of the other servants to take them to his room. She would be upset that she was separated from Elesa, but at least she knew where to find them, and knew they would be safe under the prince's watch as he had ordered his staff to take care of them. She would be lost in the thought, before hearing him request peaches. She would spring up and nod, before running to one of the shelves and looking up to see the peaches.

She would reach up to try and grab it, to no avail. She would get on her tip toes, but she still fell short in height. She would sigh heavily as she grabbed a barrel and began dragging it over towards the shelf. She hadn't meant to eavesdrop on their conversation, but they were right there and she wouldn't be able to help it. She listened as he mentioned he would confess his love to the first woman maid he set eyes on should his father force his hand. Though it wasn't any business, she couldn't help but wonder what such actions would mean for the house and the kingdom. Though lost in her train of thought, she would accidently slip as she reached for a peach, gripping the shelf tightly as she caught herself. She let out a long breath and collected herself before continuing to gather as many peaches as the prince wanted. When she had enough, she would hop down and land with a gentle thud, before approaching the prince and bowing to him once more, her hands outstretched and holding the peaches to him.

"Here you are, your majesty...This was all I could find..."

As this was going on, the sun would be going down and the guest would be starting to arrive. The time of the soiree was finally starting, and she would need to go get dressed, assuming the guards didn't lock her away for the night.

((Tusitala, may I suggest putting less dialogue and individual actions in your posts? :) There's no way for us to react to the ongoing Taff/Merthyr conversation, for example ... which I think is happening where Crow and Voletta can hear, right?))

The Hanged Man lifted his head when he heard the approach of armored figures, and he tried to shift so that his shield was in front of the two stowaway girls. But when he saw who it was, he bowed deeply in immediate deference, and did not rise until ordered. "Hail, my p-prince ..."

Nervously he played with the peach stone in his mouth. It was too late now--Merthyr had spotted Elesa. His eyes darted from the prince to his guards to the girls nervously. Yet when all was said and done, it could have gone a lot worse. The prince was looking for a way to defy his father, perhaps, to exert some control, no matter how small. Maybe helping these girls fulfilled that need.

After the knights took the girls away, and Voletta went to fetch the peaches, Crow trailed after her. Merthyr and his servant were discussing the ball. It was brazen talk, and Crow wasn't sure why the prince was allowing it to be overheard.

Voletta swayed on her barrel perch, and the Hanged Man reached up hastily to steady her. "W-watch yourself, mistress," he said softly.
Simon Haydn (played by Thekaleidoscope)

(And in comes the king)
Inside the of the kings inner chambers the king sat, or more rather perched on the edge of his seat as he so often did when in the company of the three who now sat beside him. These four has all known each other for the longest of times, growing up and playing together. It was between the four of them they had created and built the new military, growing it, purging those who stood against them. Building the foundations for the final plan.

The room itself was a brightly lit, but small chamber. Just the right size that the more whimsically minded would have called it homely, for them it was simply their sanctuary. A place for the four to rest and chat where no one else could find them. For them being seen as anything other than the unfeeling emotionless rocks on which they organized the army was problematic. So they his this away, behind a door to which only they held the key.

The four occupants were the king and his three generals: The wind general: Elesa, famed for her slippery movements and cunning strategies. The lightning general: Sariel, known for his love of charging head on into whatever dangers presented themselves. Finally there was Maximilian, the rock. The general of defence who was in charge of keeping the lands safe.

"Hey Max, when ya gonna marry someone?"

The question came from Sariel, who in his usual habit was teasing the youngest of the group.

"When I find the person who's right for me. At least I'm not like you two, I'm taking time in finding a partner."

"Oh don't be so jealous, Sai simply proposed to me first."

The king smirked, jumping in on Max's side. "Oh come now, we all know had Max been interested in you then Sai wouldn't have stood a chance."

The conversation with it's back and forths continued for a while. The four making their own miniature game of politics, characterized by ever shifting miriad of alliances and treachery. Yet it never became nasty, the four knew each other too well for that.

Finally it came to matters of a more serious nature. "Soon, our plan will come to fruition. Our nation shall stand on top of all others. Everything will have been made worth it."

Sariel nodded, "I am giving preparation orders out now to mobilize my forces for the first wave. All these excursions and lost troops will finally be repayed in blood."

Max spoke up, confirming his continuing part in the plan. "I will continue doing my duty destroying all those who stand in our way. No matter what happens we have to ensure this succeeds."

Elesa suddenly spoke up. "Isn't the party for you son to find a suitor happening soon?"

The king bolted upright. "Your right! I do hope he doesn't do anything stupid, he needs a wife and he needs children. This kingdom shall persevere and if he fails this... There will be other ways."

(Sorry this doesn't interact with anyone, just getting a post out to affirm who I'm playing and have something here.)

((it's fine! Though now we have two elesas o.o))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Behind Stone Walls..

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus