Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Desert resistance?

Tatiana Sykora (played by SteamPower_Birb)

Okay! do to the interest expressed so far from several others here in regards to desert/wasteland type RP, I've started thinking of creating a group since I've also noticed those type popping up as well as of late! So far I've hit on dealing with a resistance movement and all that entails, including the need for gathering supplies, weapons and the like from various place...more often the not from the enemy! Yay for raiding!

Naturally a portion of this will of course be in the desert, hence this post title. But there will also be other 'sections' of the resistance such as jungles, plains and the like. Now comes the part where You get to create the story RPR!

What kind of interest do you guys, gals, and other creatures, have in this? and what kind of enemy would you like to see? corrupt government or invading nation? Or maybe something even more out there and go with aliens?!

Much love to everyone,
Tia Syko
Derek (played by Freyya)

Ife we're doing a Wasteland RP, maybe something with invaders might be a nice idea. Or aliens who somehow turned the planet into a wasteland, leaving the few survivors in a struggle for survival amongst eachother AND the aliens.
Tatiana Sykora (played by SteamPower_Birb) Topic Starter

Agreed! That sounds awesome! yay survivors! *gets to get her banner stick*
Derek (played by Freyya)

So, will you start the setting or should I? :)
Whoa, before you guys just start it off, maybe you need to decide why is it a waste land? In other waste land games, one being fallout, they blame nukes for the damage. You have to explain why it's a waste land. What you could say is that the aliens were trying to change the planet to something they are more used to. Maybe they need hotter weather, and thus used their advance tech to change our planet.

Derek wrote:
So, will you start the setting or should I? :)

I think that's what he meant by setting. as for that, since it shall be a group, as that was the original idea, a collaboration on building this world of ours would seem to be the way to go so as to let others put their ideas forward on it as well.

Which leads me to our next related issues....We need a name o.o

erm...one that fits what we do xD
Derek (played by Freyya)

Berserker, I allready gave one :p We need to think of a way though... How could aliens render life on planet earth nearly impossible..? a weapon? a machine?

If we decide that, we can come up with a name :p

well...terra forming gone wrong...or interrupted by humans? I personally would try and stop some aliens from turning my home into theirs like that.

while it changed it...maybe it only just got really started. enough to change the land and wreck a good bit of human info-structure but not enough to change the atmosphere to where we could no longer survive?
Derek (played by Freyya)

myeah, but maybe we shouldn't pick planet earth. I mean, How will we explain our being Anthro? :p

different timeline/reality?....Radiation? *Dun-dun-duuuun*

or...we could go with your idea. A colony maybe? that'd also give reason for being anthro and still have humans there too. genetic augmentation to help first settlers survive the new environment of the planet?
Hyper-cosmic energy wave. Literally a outward expanding ripple in the fabric of space-time, caused by some sort of phenomenon that has been lost to all past, maybe some sort of direct echo of the big bang.

The Captain had an amazing idea: A virus. A virus that, instead of killing off humans, killed off all the grass. That's right, grass. The 'amber waves of grain'? Replaced with a mud pit. In addition, anything that ATE the grass, any grazing animal, cows, oxen, sheep, goats, etc., dies with it. The world turns into a dust ball, with all the 'civilized' countries being hit the hardest, especially when they are forced to consider alternative means of food: dogs, cats, rats, what have you.

There's also the idea of a asteroid striking the Earth the right kind of a glancing blow, forcing it closer to the sun, boiling away lakes and oceans.

As far as the whole anthro thing... I think on that matter, you could just suspend belief. We are talking about aliens, hyper-cosmic waves, and other crazy crap.

...OR... Maybe the anthros were the aliens. And maybe it wasn't war, but accident? Say the various anthro species needed to flee from their homeworld. Say they find earth, where we welcome them with open arms. Now say that some sort Jihad-Jesus, Will-of-Allah, Shiva-Be-Praised nutjob group manages to get aboard the Anthro worldship and trigger it's self destruct, while it's in low earth orbit. You've got plausibility, diffusion of species, excuses for higher technology, a world changing cataclysm...
Derek (played by Freyya)

That sounds good. The Anthro's floating with a spacestation in low earth orbit gets entered and disabled by humans. It crashes into the earth and its powersource explodes, destroying all grass, and with it, all grass eating herbivores. The surviving humans AND Anthro's now have to struggle for survival.

ok...now That i like
Derek (played by Freyya)

Shall I write the opening? or would you like to? :)

Derek wrote:
Shall I write the opening? or would you like to? :)

Oh do go right ahead :) I love how your did your history/bio! much better then mine >.>

though...we still need a name for said group.
Derek (played by Freyya)

And a name for the story.

yerp xD ideas?
Derek (played by Freyya)

"crashed sky" refering to the crashed mothership, or simply "Barren Wasteland"

I like crashed sky! besides it's relevant! I'll go ahead and make the group now then
Derek (played by Freyya)

Allright, i'll start a setting, 'kay?

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Desert resistance?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus