Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Slot Upgrade

So, if this has ever been suggested before, then I apologize for throwing it up again.

Not that I can really afford this option either, however:

Would there ever be a way for an implementation of an upgraded character slot? As in, instead of buying premium for your entire account to be able to use customer CSS on character pages (which then disappears after you lose premium and is a bit annoying if you can't afford to keep it up :( ), can there be a way to upgrade one slot for perhaps a permanent amount of time? Instead of monthly, yearly (but those can be options too I guess).

I have no idea how the behind-the-scenes things go or the logistics of such. If each character slot created or an account has is assigned a number so that if an upgraded character slot did become a thing, it could be kept track of. I think there are numbers, considering you're allowed to change the custom URL for a character. But, I don't know if, say you decide to remove 'Mickey Mouse' as the character using the upgraded slot and used the custom url mickeymouse, and change it to 'Goofy' and use the custom url 'goofy' if that'd mess things up? I figure there's still some numbers attached somewhere. Like social security numbers, or inmate numbers. You go by a name, but you have a number assigned to you that doesn't change.

Personally, if I could ever afford it, it's something that I'd probably choose to do over an entire account upgrade to premium. That way, I wouldn't have to worry about the subscription expiring and loosing all the custom CSS work. And, while I enjoy/like a lot of the user made custom templates, it'd be nice to do something of my own that I can edit (even though I know nothing of CSS and usually have to find premade free things that are allowed to be editted, and customize that way.)

I guess, as long as it's not something horrendously expensive for a permanent thing. I mean, paying over $100, maybe even $50, depending (again, I know nothing of the site logistics) as a one time fee just to be able to do my own customer css for a character seems extremely expensive. Shouldn't have to pay out that much just to be able to edit some code to make something pretty. But who am I to say?

Again, asking mostly and primarily for the option of a permanent character slot upgrade that never expires and does not have to be a subscription. Sub options can be a thing...but, more aiming for the permanent upgrade. No point in just a sub option if one can't even afford that for premium now. A perm upgrade free's the user of hassle of wondering how they are going to come up with the sub each month, or forgetting they even have it (people do do this). There's that whole "well if you can't afford it you shouldn't be buying it int he first place"..but, things change. Things happen. Nobody can predict said things so yeah. And it's something I'd probably save up for on my own time. One time thing. For each character slot, mind you.
So yeah, say $15 is charged for this permanent upgrade for a slot. And you have 30 characters...Premium might be your better option? lol. I don't know. I've always been a weird one with paying more for less if I really believe in something, like something or such.

I used to donate to this game server. You could pay $10/m and get all these cool in game perks. I literally disliked and/or had absolutely no use for most of them. I think you got like 12 perks? I only really cared about 2. So, I'd pay the same $10/m for 2 perks instead of the $10 for 12 where I'd wouldn't even be using the other 10. And there was no way to let others in the game use/have those perks so.

Anyway, going to end this long thing now. It was an idea I thought I'd throw out there if it hadn't been suggested already.
Kim Site Admin

There's been a lot of back-and-forth discussion about offering some kind of CSS only upgrade over the years. That discussion has not resolved at this time, which is to say I'm not ruling against it, but it's not yet on the development path.

What I can respond to here is about how it would be applied -- every character on the site has a unique, never reused ID number. Such an upgrade would be applied to a specific character, not a character slot, and would therefore be forfeit if the character was deleted (but not if you changed character's name or url, as the ID# would never be impacted.)
Auron Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
There's been a lot of back-and-forth discussion about offering some kind of CSS only upgrade over the years. That discussion has not resolved at this time, which is to say I'm not ruling against it, but it's not yet on the development path.

What I can respond to here is about how it would be applied -- every character on the site has a unique, never reused ID number. Such an upgrade would be applied to a specific character, not a character slot, and would therefore be forfeit if the character was deleted (but not if you changed character's name or url, as the ID# would never be impacted.)

Well, that second bit is basically what I mean. If someone went and deleted their character that had the upgrade, I mean...that's kind of on them so, I could understand if it was forfeit. What I mean more was the character itself was changed, like you said, name and URL wise. Hopefully this can become a thing in the future. It would be a lovely time waster for me, not that searching the interwebs for free to use pictures and graphics isn't a waste of time enough as is lol

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Slot Upgrade

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus