Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Out of Practice

I used to frequent Furc, but gradually got on less and less until I just stopped all together. I wanted to get back into it, but I find it's a bit.. different now. Celestina Grey Suggested I come here to try to get back into the RP Groove.

As mentioned, I'm a bit(a good bit) out of practice, but I really want to get back into it.
Sanne Moderator

Hi Taskmaster, welcome to RPR! :) Did you stop playing because Furcadia no longer appeals to you? What sort of roleplay did you normally do before you got here?

And don't worry about being out of practice, most players are very tolerant of rustiness and will gladly help you oil those gears again. :)
Taskmaster Topic Starter

I mostly did fantasy. A lot of action and romance. Thats pretty much the gist of it- I've done other things here and there, but on furc I was pretty limited because 90% of the groups I found were 'Medieval Fantasy'

So, I'm mostly comfortable with those, but I'm willing to try other types.
Seeri

Ah, you are in the same boat as I. I used to RP quite a bit, many years ago. Oddly enough I didn't as much after I joined Furcadia, but that's because I started becoming mostly OOC on there, for social purposes.

Now, I'm trying to get back into it too! By the way, I love your username. XD
Taskmaster Topic Starter

Yes, quite tired of the OOC. Hard to pull anyone away for Rp at all :/

And thank you- Comes from my favorite comic book character(Slight comic nerd)
Yay! Glad you're getting into the site and doing those beginner steps! :) I would be more than happy to RP with you again, I miss our RPs! I can't be on Furc anymore either because of RL schedules, but I am able to check RPR fairly often! You will absolutely love it here, everyone is friendly and there are a lot of other people who are rusty like you are :) So don't worry about it! The best way to get the rust off is to start practicing again! :)
Welcome to RPR. May you find everything you are looking for. :)
Seeri

Taskmaster wrote:
Yes, quite tired of the OOC. Hard to pull anyone away for Rp at all :/

And thank you- Comes from my favorite comic book character(Slight comic nerd)
I'd have to say Taskmaster is one of mine, too. XD

I still find it difficult to find RP, on Furcadia anyway. >.>
TheLily

I'm looking to get back into rp'ing on furcadia. The pull for quick work is appealing to me, rather than wait for a post and hate myself for not replying right away.
I know just how you feel. I just joined a day or so ago. I'm a little rusty too, but everyone so far has been so nice. I don't think you'll have any problems. :)
Hi there! Welcome to RPR! From the type of RP you like it sounds like you'll fit in just fine around here :) If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, most everyone here is super friendly!

I really hope you find what you're looking for and get back into rping! :D

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Out of Practice

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus