Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Modern City RP (The Palace apartment complex)

Quintus (played by Deathmarch419)

'a barista at a cafe, that's pretty cool' Quintus thought to himself as he entered his apartment looking at the the fruits on the counter he realized he didn't have any snacks or easy food, he'd have to cook. 'guess it's time to bring out the cookbook he thought to himself' Setting out the basic ingredients he began to make a small meal first, as to sate the boys hunger as well as enough food to last the week. Lasagna, fruit salad, some jelly sandwiches, and some Omelettes. Placing it all in a box he then proceeded to make a fruit basket.
'Craap' he thought to himself, 'I definitely got carried away'
Quickly making his way down he realized he was nervous again, "It's been so long since I've done something like this, It's nice"He quietly said to himself before stepping outside.
"Sorry for the wait, I made enough food for a week for him" He said to Rowan, 'She's probably not happy about this, initiate operation, calm the dragon'
"I made some extra for us to enjoy as well" he continued quickly before yelling up, "Hey kid, foods ready!" as he did this though he realized two things, one, Rowan was beside a green haired, and two the air was definitely cooler.
"sorry, didn't see you there, the names Quintus" he introduced himself to the girl before looking around, "It feels cooler now, heh, it's nice" He smiled looking at Rowan before motioning to the chair, "May I?"
Brian came down and sighed " Sorry for about asking for food... my name is Brian by the way, I realized iv not been a social butterfly since I moved in... been hoping my dad didn't show up" He said sighing softly. " So who are you guy? hope you all don't mind my dog, he's normally quiet.. Hes a Servis dog to help with my PTSD " He said rubbing his left eye as it began twitching.
Skylar Rose (played by FawnSteps)

Sky knocked on the door to Rowens apartmant. She needed money for internet and didn't make any money from the new mmo that makes real money out of what you make in the game. So she was really bad at it.
Rowen Anne Moore (played by TheLittleWitch) Topic Starter

tumblr_nlr6qc6bE91rt4fago6_250.gif

Rowen nodded her head slowly, raising her eyebrows a bit before stating,” I bet.”, very clearly not buying it, but rolling with it. Her big, magnetic eyes were locked upon the green haired girl, fixated upon her face. She sat there eerily staring the girl down in silence a moment, before breaking with a sly smirk in the corner of her mouth.

She looked like she was about to speak to the teenager again, before Quintus announced his arrival with an apology. Her piercing gaze then flicked to Quintus and she grinned.
“Drinks and dinner? You sure know how to woo a lady.” She purred. Rowen eyed the box full of food for the neighbor boy, and unintentionally raised an arched brow.
Where were the people like him when me ‘n Axel were starving? she couldn’t help but think. Far too many nights lulled to sleep by the gurgling of stomachs and the aching emptiness.

Blinking herself from her thoughts, she nodded for Quintus to reclaim the seat she’d gotten out for him. “Please do.” She invited, before turning her eyes to the unnamed teenage girl, and the biker boy who’d came for his food and was introducing himself. “We can have ourselves a quaint, little picnic.”

Brain. she noted, repeating it in her head as she glanced over the red haired boy so she wouldn’t so easily forget it. She stood briefly from her plastic seat outside her apartment door and held out a beer-free hand for Brian to shake. “I’m Rowen. Nice ta meet ya, Brian.” She introduced, her plump lips stretching over her teeth in a pleasant smile.

Personally, she didn’t pay any mind to his dog. It didn’t bother her. She thought dogs were pretty cool guys, though she’d only ever had real experience with one, and that was roughly ten years ago. And it had been a stray street dog that stayed in the alley behind the motel the Moore family had currently been living in at the time. Rowen and her brother would secretly feed the mutt scraps of the scraps they were fed, play with him, cuddle him, try to teach him to sit- which he never did understand. But then it was time for the Moore family to find a new place to squat, she doesn’t know what came of the mutt after that. He’d been a cool pal though

Her thoughts were interrupted when approaching movement was caught in the corner of her big, green eyes. A pink haired girl coming up to the door of her apartment that everyone was hanging out front of.

Rowen cleared her throat, turning to face Sky. “Can I help you out with something, Sugar tits?” She asked casually.
Vera Crawfield (played by koobler)

Vera nodded quickly after the lady had said, 'I bet'.

Just keep telling yourself that, Vera. She's gonna kill you in your sleep after you insulted her like that. And just look at that stare. Vera's brown eyes had been glued to the lady's for what seemed like forever. No matter how hard she tried to look away, there was something about them that seemed....magnetic.

Though yet again, the man from before came around. He brought food with him, and the lady shifted her attention to him instead. Thank god. Then the lady offered a picnic, what with the all of the food the guy had brought. Socializing wasn't exactly a favorite of Vera's, but she might as well make some new friends, even if they weren't her age.

Picnics were cool, but if they involved creepy, lawn chair lounging women, then she would have to pass. But free food was something Vera could not pass up. The teen was all up for compromise, if it meant free grub.

"Eh, sure lady, why not?" Vera finally said with a shrug. She then looked to the man, who had introduced himself as Quintus. Then she glanced at Brian, and finally to Rowen.

"Nice meeting you guys. I'm Vera Crawfield. Like Crawfish, but with a 'field' at the end." The teen offered a smirk, and this time, it seemed genuine.

Skylar nodded. "I need some money miss. For my internet bill." She whispered, her head hanging. Then she heard someone approaching from inside of the apartment.

Grinning Quintus responded, "I know what the ladies like" finishing with a light-hearted wink.
As the green haired girl relaxed a bit and introduced herself Quintus replied, "Nice to meet you Vera, I'm Quintus, grab a seat" smiling at this little get together he began rummaging through the box to find what they should feast on first when he heard a set of footsteps approaching

... been hoping my dad didn't show up"
Quintus raised his eye at hearing this, he new something was going on with the kid, but now it seemed much worse than he had originally thought. He responded, "Nice to meet you Brian, I'm Quintus..." He continued, " If you don't mind me asking, why exactly would it be a bad thing if your father found you?"

After losing his family when he was 18 Quintus had joined the Federation Marine core, he'd been given a purpose, revenge against the monsters that destroyed his life, leaving only memories, charred glass and craters on his homeworld. He had only spent a small time alone before finding his place amongst his brothers on the fields of battle, but he new many others had not been as fortunate. He may not know what it was like, but he new the pain. Looking around Quintus began to feel something he hadn't felt in a long while, small tinges of happiness where creeping in, and this time, he wouldn't stop them.
Brian sighed " When he lost his job my dad got... a bit abusive" He said sitting down " He tottled my Mustang with a bat and his car, I barely got away with my motorcycle " He said shivering. " He tried to kill my Dog to" he added

(Fawn, no one is inside Rowen’s apartment. Vera, Brian, Quintus, and Rowen are all sitting outside Rowen’s apartment room.)

Rowen was vaguely hearing the neighborly introductions as everyone got to know each other, her attention mostly oriented on the pink haired girl. She did her best to note their names while not breaking her big ol’ eyes away from Skylar.

Her thin, arched eyebrows furrowed together, and a look of almost dark amusement was sitting on her features.
“Why in hell would you come to me for money?” She asked, with a soft snort of amusement. “I don’t even know who you are.”

Rowen glanced over her bare shoulder at the trio of other neighbors that had gathered outside her apartment.

Were any of them hearing this? Did any of them know this pink haired chick? She turned her predatory eyes back to Skylar after a few seconds. This lady was so barking up the wrong tree. Rowen had money to tend to her own needs, as in her addictions, then pay apartment rent- in that order, there wasn’t a whole lot’a wiggle room for nothin’ else.

Vera had been looking away, listening to Brian. His story had somewhat reminded her of her biological parents. God, she hated when she began remembering them.

She went to her bag of recently purchased gum and took out a pack. Quickly, she opened it, then pulled out a piece, unwrapped it, and tossed it in her mouth. Sweet release.

The conversation between Rowen and Skylar had caught her attention.

"Dude." Vera began, looking to Skylar. "She's kinda right you know. You can't go asking' around for money 'cause you can't stop playing a game. Take responsibility."

Quintus felt sorry for the boy and decided there to help out in whichever way possible, "Hey if you need anything, food, help, anything at all, let me know" offering a reassuring smile he noticed Vera looking in Rowan's direction. Turning, he noticed the pink haired girl that had taken up Rowan's attention, listening to Vera's remark he couldn't help but raise his eyebrow while wondering just what exactly he had missed.

He decided there to just kick his feet back and relax, choosing to listen to their conversation as he had no clue what they were going on about. Kind of funny when he thought about it, he was after all a private investigator, and yet he had failed to notice the girl or the conversation. He grinned, taking a drink of his beer and looking up at the clearing evening sky, maybe he'd see the stars tonight, man did he miss the view.

OOC:
Sorry! Read it all wrong! :P

IC:
"I can pay you back..." She said and looked up pleadingly. "I can transfer all of it to your credit card from in the game. This game allows me to make real money based on how much I make in it. So far I'm not very good but I'm trying." She had taken up a confident tone and had raised her head as she had said.

( No problem, don’t worry. Just wanted to clear up confusion!)

Rowen didn’t look impressed or swayed. She raised an eyebrow, before plopping down in the lawn chair next to Quintus, bringing her beer up to her pillowy lips for a swig.

After she finished a few gulps, she wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and turned her gaze back to the pink haired girl. “Look Doll, I just don’t got the money to give ya. Plain an’ simple.” She explained. “Who told you to come to me for money?”

It was a burning question in her mind currently. Why had the stranger came to her door? Was the girl just going door to door? Hadn’t looked like it, so why Rowen? Had someone put her up to this? Told her that Rowen handed out money like trick or treat candy? Someone was very wrong, if so.

She glanced over at Quintus, giving him a shrug and a slight smirk, before turning her eyes to Vera. At least one other person thought this was a bit odd too.

Turning her striking eyes back to Skylar, she continued,” Tell ya what though. You’re purdy enough, bet if you walked around in a real small bikini, offering car washes or BJs, you’ll be cashed out real fast.” She offered, with a sly wink.

OOC:

IC:
She looked at her and shook her head. She was annoyed with this woman. Really annoyed... "I don't think so ma'am. I'll just go to someone else." She then turned and walked back to her apartment. She put on her nervegear and started the game. She played until her internet cut off. After that she had enough to get a bunch of food and get her bill payed for two months! She smirked and headed outside.

Vera watched Skylar leave, leaning against the railing. Though it felt like it was going to break off when she leaned on it, and at the same time, she imagined herself falling down and breaking her neck. Ugh. Not good. Quickly, she got off of it.

Then she remembered that Mortimus was still a thing. She looked around for her ghostly friend for a moment before her eyes moved to near the chair where Rowen sat. There he was, curled up on the ground next to the chair, seemingly asleep.

She smiled at the sight. Sure, he could kill someone in like, two seconds, but Vera couldn't imagine that, because he was way too adorable.

"So, uh...." Vera began, stuffing her hands into her pockets. She looked at Rowen. "What's your name, lady?"

Quintus smiled back at Rowan, watching as the pink haired girl left. Letting out a soft sigh he looked around once more before taking out the fruit salad and placing it on another chair and then handing out some of the sandwiches. He's never had a picnic before, most of his youth had been spent studying, and his twenties had seen near constant combat, shore leave and the occasional, but rare, month off. The closest he'd ever come was a day on the beach with his old squad. Looking at his three new acquaintances he wondered if, wherever his friends where, they'd be proud of him for finally moving onwards. He'd been a lone wolf for quite a while now, that day on the beach had been the last time cherished moment he and his squad had had. They were all killed in action the following week...it had almost broken him, the rage and hate at their hated foe the only thing that had kept him going.

A small smile appeared on his face before he raised his beer and said, "cheers...to new friends" taking a sip. He knew it must of seemed random, but for once he didn't really care, for once....there was no crushing weight on his shoulders.

Rowen smirked on, following after the pink haired girl with her eyes until she disappeared into her apartment.
Nice gal,she thought, with a snort of amusement.

After, she flicked her green gaze towards Vera. She settled cozily back into the chair, enjoying the random draft of chilly air that seemed to be hanging around them. “Names Rowen, dear.”

“Your’s was... Fera?” She tried to remember. “Wait, Wait. No, Vera. Right? With a V.” That sounded more right. Vera Crawfish? She vaguely remember the young woman talking about crawfish. “Nice to meet ya, Vera.”

When Quintus raised his beer can and spoke of a wee toast, Rowen turned her grinning face to his and raised her own beer to cheer with him. “Cheers,” She chimed, before bringing the beer to her plump lips.

The teen rolled her eyes. "Lady, it ain't Crawfish, it's Crawfield." No one ever seemed to get that right. The people that did were very few in number.

Vera watched them cheers. She didn't have any bottles on her, so she gave a thumbs up. "Yeah, cheers, or whatever." She said with a smirk. She blew a large bubble with her gum, and it soon popped.

These guys seemed pretty alright. I guess they didn't have to be teenagers to be cool people, not that they needed to be, but it was cool nonetheless.
Drake Cross (played anonymously)

Drake pulled up in his fancy black car, killing the engine and sliding out slowly. Where had his GPS taken him? The ghetto? Was this really where his boss was sending him to 'lay low'? He noticed the pow-wow and shut his car door, chocolate eyes raising from his phone as he approached them.

"Excuse me, sorry for the intrusion on your uh.. picnic, but I have a quick question if you don't mind," that voice was deep, but held a soft undertone and was probably entirely too polite. He was definitely not from this particular area. "Is this... The Palace Apartments?" he continued with his question, almost in disbelief. The name made it seem like there should be more to it. Irony at its finest.. "I uh.. A friend told me he's renting me out a place, not sure who to ask about that type of thing," he bit his lip roughly at how unprepared he was. Damn, he should have asked his boss more questions.

He rubbed the side of his neck awkwardly, feeling completely out of place here. However, that was the idea. He was supposed to blend in and adapt, those were his current orders. What better way to bust a drug lord than to be right smack in the middle of his turf... Right?

(Hope its alright to join in. If not, just ignore me. Also, yes my guy is a supernatural, but I swear he blends in with humans 99% of the time. :) )

(Hello and welcome Drake! Of course you may join. I’m happy this topic caught your interest. Supernatural is 100% allowed as long as they blend.)

Shit, did I say Crawfish out loud? My bad,she thought, but offered no apology for her mistake. Before taking another sip, she raised her can towards Vera to complete the cheers.

“I don’t really see you out and about too much round here.” Rowen commented to Vera, while her gaze swept across the parking lot. She watched as a fancy black car rolled up into the lot, crunching loose gravel under the tires. Smirking, she thought, that ain’t gonna last long here. She stopped herself from making bets on how long it last in this part of town.

Rowen raised one thin, arched eyebrow as a handsome man climbed out of the nice car and began approaching. Oh, how out of place he looked here. Oh, how the people here loved fresh meat. Anything new in this sleepy, little town was devoured.

Rowen turned her foxy smirk up towards the chocolate eyed man as he closed space between him and the group.

“Yessir, this is the lovely, dreamy, Palace Apartments. Where every day is a dream come true!” She drawled in a fake southern accent, complete with a wink of one of her big, green eyes.

“I’d ask Tony about your place,” she continued, without the fake accent. “He’s the land lord. He’s in room #100, it’s the first room on ground level.”
With that, she jerked her thumb to the right, motioning towards the end of the L shaped building.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Modern City RP (The Palace apartment complex)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus