Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Mysterious Bandit (Closed)

"Their ruler holds my helpless manservant to ransom... if I don't deliver myself... this ruthless leader will surely butcher him... I need them to take me to my friend's presence, I know not where they have taken him to, but I must find him and take him back... What is the price for your services? " asked Merthyr softly, going quiet as soon as he was observed, listening intently if discreetly
Quintus (played by Deathmarch419)

Quintus looked blankly at the bandit for a moment before simply nodding. It'd been a strange night and the shocks were starting to lose their impact on him. At Alexei's interruption Quintus looked to Lex once more before speaking up,
"Don't you notice a certain lack of sound? The faint rustling of leaves? aren't your instincts telling you something is wrong Alexei? Me and...Lex was it? we noticed as much. Something is off, we might be walking into an ambush."

"The question is, do we spring it? or find another way?" His mind pondered the possibilities. Sure he was capable of surviving most dangers...but the prince and bandits weren't and everything hinged on the prince making it back in one piece. Noting the prince's mouth moving and his focus else where he decided to finally draw his attention "Prince Merthyr, do you have any input on our situation? you've been muttering quite a bit..."
Iskra Sokol (played by strawberry_champion) Topic Starter

"It's Lev." the bandit beside him grumbled, falling away from Quintus as his gaze searched along the trees.

"Well I noticed as much, but its nothing an Onyx Bandit isn't used to. There are bounties for our heads everywhere, eventually you get used to being hunted constantly." Alexei simply shrugged, brushing off the idea; he was correct to a degree, but Lev being anxious was enough of a warning that something was off, "Maybe you're just paranoid?"

"He's right..sorta." Dunsten grumbled, "But Lev's got that fae touch, if he's sayin' somethin's wrong, we outta listen." The man had begun to look along the trees, clearly trouble too, "Any idea who we're dealin with?" His eyes landed on Lev, and the younger bandit swallowed anxiously.

"It...feels like Johann." The others looked to him and opened their mouths, to dismiss his claims, but he cut in "I know, I know, he's dead. But didn't he have that damned beast? The one with the weird eyes, the big wolf?"

"Oh, my. I want nothing but that leader of theirs; you might be too young to remember the history of these killers, but I know their story very well, almost as if it was my own. I have some... grievances, to settle with the woman." The voice seemed to chuckle, "I'm not after you now, nor your servants or riches. I have all I want but that Bandit King. Give me the chance to get to her, and I'll be satisfied."
Atoli (played by Beetlebelle)

((Hey peeps! Sorry for the long absence, I missed you guys! Will I be able to slip back into this RP?))

Atoli wrote:
((Hey peeps! Sorry for the long absence, I missed you guys! Will I be able to slip back into this RP?))

((Absolutely we only moved a small amount forward :) ))
Atoli wrote:

(( OOC - sure... why not? Your last post is on page 12, you haven't missed much at all :) Merthyr and Quintus and co are still at the forests making their way to Iskra ... which is more or less where you left off from ))
Merthyr nodded in understanding

"Very well... if their leader is the one you seek I will find you time and opportunity for that, even if it is the royal dungeons whilst they all await execution" assured Merthyr

"You will, of course, be spared if you offer me your sword and services, at least till I find my manservant..." accepted Merthyr unsure who this voice was but preferring more swords at his command than less swords fighting his cause.

When questioned, Merthyr turned to Quintus speaking in a louder voice.

"Sir knight... politics seem to demand my attentions, even whilst I am a captive" concluded Merthyr somewhat cryptically not about to reveal any details of the conversation and agreement.
(( I guess it's your turn Atoli and welcome back ))

((YESSSS WELCOME BAAACK!!!!))

(( Sorry for the wait, I'm still pretty busy with life things. It's good to be back though!! ))

The wind whipped at Atoli’s hair and feathers as she flew above the treetops. The agitated harpy was distracted with her sullen thoughts until an icy sensation crept up her spine. Her gaze fell to the forest floor to find, even from the far distance below, a startlingly large canid staring up at her; watching. Her skin prickled from beneath her feathers. Not at the sight of the wolf, but at the odd voice that enticed her to go near. 

The moment lasted the span of two shallow breaths before the strange connection was broken. Atoli snapped out of the unsettling sensation and realized the wolf joined a hooded figure she hadn’t seen approach. As the two disappeared into the forest, Atoli twisted about in the air and made a swift retreat to Quintus and the others. Once she spotted them, the feathered girl crashed through the treetops with a flurry of wind, sending leaves and debris scattering as she fell upon the group.

Atoli landed and crouched atop Quintus’ horse, much to the creature’s whinnying dismay. The talons on her toes gripped the saddle as she got in close to him; her previous embarrassment forgotten with the most recent news. Atoli pushed her mussed hair out of her face and stared directly into the man’s visor helmet, eyes wide.

Oi! I saw a man and a wolf that was headed towards the barn! And I got a feelin’ they don’t wanna sip tea and have a nice chat, neither!” 

She gave a quick hop as if to urge haste from both the horse and the rider. and took a quick glance at the rest of the company before looking back to her Knight. Time was of the essence.

((woops))

(Don't worry about it, good to have you back!!) (also sorry for the delay had writers block for a bit, rewrote this 3 times)

Quintus apologized simply, more keen on listening to the opinions of the other two. Dunsten appeared to agree with Lev and him, stating that the boy had an affinity for these things. The other seemed keen to write off their warnings as nothing more than paranoia. The words on his mouth died before he could reply once more as he heard Lev's mention of the dead being the one to hunt them. His eyes narrowed, "I don't know who that is, but if he can come back from the dead he'd be a serious threat" he finally voiced to them all before turning to the prince as he finally spoke up

"Sir knight... politics seem to demand my attentions, even whilst I am a captive" he answered Quintus' question cryptically. It really only served to heighten his suspicions.

"As far as I know, we are the only ones here Prince. Unless you've managed to develop the means for long range communications I doubt you could be speaking with anyone else" Quintus responded a raised eyebrow at the prince.

Before anything else could be said the sound of wings and panicking wildlife put him on high alert watching as debris rained down upon them. Only to be greeted by the sight of a fluffy harpy landing in front of him causing his horse to whinny in panic. Quintus himself had to relax the grip on his weapon before smiling, he was glad she hadn't run off. giving a nod he turned to the others with a tilt of the head. One that stated simply, that he and Lev were right.

"Well that settles the matter, we're not alone but it also appears we're not the intended target, if you want to keep your eyesight I suggest we make haste!"

(Awww 'her knight' that's cute!)

Alexei had gotten tense when Johann was mentioned, but Atoli's arrival did it for him- a man and wolf? While there was a possibility someone else enjoyed keeping the creatures as pets, Lev had said it felt like Johann...

"Oh no, too late." The voice hummed to Merthyr, clicking its tongue, "Well, another time, sweet prince. I think I should be going..."

"Oi, Alexei, its leaving!" Lev yelled, looking to the other bandit. Alexei gritted his teeth, thinking for a moment.

"Cordel! Back to the hideout, immediately, bring the boys and as many jars of that black liquid as your horse can carry!" The man nodded and split off without a moments waste, digging his heels into his horse, "Let's move! If the boss gets hurt, we all lose our heads!" Alexei grabbed the ropes that held Merthyr's hands bound, quickly ushering his horse into a rough gallop, "Dunsten, when we arrive, secure Iskra! Lev, keep tracking...well, whoever it is you're feeling! I don't want them getting to her first. Layne, you're grabbing that Lord Knight if you see him, and the rest of you lot will help me make sure the Prince is safe, from whatever threat we're facing!"

Alexei was second in command for a reason- if it weren't for his loyalty, he'd probably be able to take Iskra down and seize control of Onyx. He was quick, cool and collected in the face of danger, able to form a plan without hesitation and sometimes, if need be, without bias. If a few men had to be lost, then so be it. But never Iskra- she was top priority in his eyes, and losing her meant losing everything.

Back at the barn, Iskra sat quietly against a wall, the two boys beside her- Theodwin, the elf, was sleeping soundly with his head on her lap, while Wyvern picked at his feathers and glared at Pentre where he was tied up, pacing back and forth. His talons clicked along the ground, and he looked to Aynor with a similarly irritated expression, and then finally at Taff, "Ya know, no harm if you just give the mean one to us. Might even save ya some trouble in the future." He wrinkled up his nose, eyeing Pentre again, "Aint no one gunna miss him anyways."

"I sure as hell don't want him." Iskra grumbled, "I'd rather kill him where he stands. But you're a little late kiddo, the Slayer here," she gestured to Aynor, "laid claim." 'But that's okay,' Iskra thought to herself. There was that mischevious sparkle in her eyes as she glanced at Pentre, 'i've got this all in the bag.'
((OOC - are we continuing with this RP or should we consider it dormant/discontinued??))

((I'm cool with continuing it if you all
want to))

((Same!))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Mysterious Bandit (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus