Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Mysterious Bandit (Closed)

Quintus (played by Deathmarch419)

Quintus spoke up in the silence that followed the merc's talking "The lady's right actually, she left a cloak in my home, one pentre seemed highly interested in. Considering the resources and length of time he's gone after her she must be highly valuable. Which probably means she's telling the truth."
He grinned behind his visor before continuing,

"And that...means you're holding Onyx's leader hostage. If you meet Onyx, and she's telling the truth, you'd be dead men. But let her go, and pentre is likely to kill you all... And that's not considering that you just admitted to wanting to join bandits whilst in front of two knights " Quintus stated motioning to himself and Jal, after a moments pause he made a show of adjusting his forearm's armor casually, the movement showing he was unafraid of those odds if they decided to make a move.

"The way I see it, everyone here has something to gain." He continued whilst looking at each one of them, "Asy... err Iskra.. can get back to her clan in one piece and perhaps freedom if Gelligen get's his Prince back. You mercs get the chance to join her clan or escape. Atoli and I would be free to leave with some convincing to Pentre. And blue over there" he finished while motioning towards Jal "can....I don't know...survive or something."

"If we cooperate we all win"
Kenji Omari Nu (played by TheLittleWitch)

While the others spoke about affairs that neither concerned nor interested Kenji, she had slunk back into the shadows, then became visible again atop a slightly charred ceiling beam. She was crouched on it like a cat, peering down at the group of people, talking about their people nonsense.

When Quintus had nodded in her direction, inquiring about where she'd come from, she only wiggled her fingers at him in a playful way, displaying a large grin with her rows of shark-like teeth. After that, her attention had become fixated upon Taff again, her eyes dark with mischief and mystery. After a while, her cloudy gaze drifted to Iskra, then Atoli, and she grinned widely again. Quietly, more like a background noise behind their conversations, she started to imitate bird noises. The fae was growing rather bored of their mundane issues, she had to entertain herself somehow as she awaited the release of her new companion.
Atoli (played by Beetlebelle)

Atoli met the Iska’s glare with one of her own.
“And YOU fail to understand that I saved your life. I deserve the same patience that I gave to you when you were bleeding out on a dark road, when I asked a stranger for help AND carried your heavy lump of a body."

The harpy was practically shouting now in frustration. "I even led you to where I thought would be safe… which you BURNT down!” She added angrily; and bit back more words before her voice became shrill.

She huffed and looked away from the bandit when Quintus spoke back up. After a while, the harpy girl blinked when bird song drifted through the air quietly. The unmistakable feeling of eyes upon her broke her into a cold sweat as she stiffly looked up to the rafters. She dropped her gaze and looked sharply at the magician who had summoned the creature.

“Send it away, I know you can.” She hissed quietly, though she doubted that the fae didn’t hear her. Her feathers remained fluffed instinctively to appear larger, despite internally wishing to be smaller and undetected.

Atoli took a breath and exhaled quietly, considering to herself. ‘I’m not tied up at least, and my wing is healed I think. Just gotta’ wait until they forget about me long enough so I can slip away… But go where?' She thought bitterly. Her temporary shelter was now destroyed and her food stores were all but gone. So much for being independent. She'd likely have to find a group of outsiders and bandits to bring her in again for the winter to work for so she could get a steady amount of food and shelter.
Iskra Sokol (played by strawberry_champion) Topic Starter

Iskra made it quite clear she was ignoring Atoli; at least, she pretended, turning her head away and tipping her chin up. The cocky bandit wasn’t going to sit there and be scolded.

But when Quintus mentioned her cloak, a fire lit back in her eyes, her smile growing, but for once the bandit kept her mouth shut. It was definitely a better idea than opening it and probably irritating these bandits. If they were all going to have to work together, then she would have to do her best to not piss anyone off. But the smug look on her face definitely made her thoughts clear.

————————

Outside the walls, the small hunting band that came searching for Iskra remained hidden among the trees. Alexei scanned through the foliage, watching for Pentre.

“Are you sure it was her?”

“I know that whistle like I know my own voice.” Alexei grumbled, looking to Dunsten, “Can we climb this?”

“‘Fraid not. This some magic, ain’t sure if...it’ll fire back on us. I don’t like this magic crap.” The man sighed, leaning back on the branch he was on.
Taff looked up at Kenji and lowered his sight guilty for daring to conceal his identity before the fae, the taunting remark from Atoli making him feel all the more guilty.

He dropped to his knees and lowered the head submissively, hands resting on his knees too before the knight Quintus to make the full confession least the fae thought him to be a coward or, worse, a liar. Besides, he was all too aware that concealing information from knights, was in itself a crime.

"I confess that I did not declare the full truth about myself... I confess that I am Emris... I confess... that I was born of magic, that I am made of it and I command it at will for it flows through my veins.

I confess... that I am a druid, a warlock and a dragonlord, the last of my kind, and that I summoned the fae to cowardly conceal my powers from others such as yourselves, because it is a crime punishable by death to wield magic in Camelot.

Should I send her away, as you have demanded, the wall that protects all of you from justice and the lord knight Pentre shall indeed vanish and leave you all at his grasp and mercy. This also makes me guilty of the crime of obstructing justice... but I cannot let her run into harm's way for I worry for the prince's fate..." muttered Taff cringing at having to label himself a criminal, something which was most unthinkable and distasteful to him, who had always been so righteous and observant of the law as much as possible

"I beg forgiveness for such wrongdoings, sir knight..." asked Taff looking up at Quintus and going silent to wait for his reply
"Lads... the buyers ... our comrades from the Onyx clan are here..." smirked Robin knowing well Alexei's voice.

Without further ado, Haldor and Glendale scrambled outside, tossing ropes high up trees to climb over the dirt wall and give passage to the Onyx clan, motioning them to join

"Come... come over... it is safe to cross over it. We were expecting you, we have a very unique captive among us that might be of interest to you... as well as your runaway servant..." prompted Haldor throwing a few more ropes for the bandits to join them whilst keeping the knights roaming outside.

Quintus looked down at the kneeling Taff before rolling his eyes behind his visor. Even the passing of time couldn't fully remove his annoyance at the over dramatization and emphasis on titles and such. Shaking his head he lifted Taff up before simply replying, "if its to save the Crown prince then I'd doubt it'd be considered crime to do all you can to save him". With that he walked over to Atoli and stood near her, watching outwards.

Looking towards Robin and the others scrambling over the wall, likely to get Iskra's people over, there wasn't much left to do other than wait. Crossing his arms he carefully leaned against one of the burned walls watching, as he patted Atoli on the head he couldn't help but yawn, a simple thought presenting itself....would he have enough time for a quick nap?

“Afraid not boys, you’ll have to apologize ta Robin for me. Sir Iskra has gone missing, she was caught by that damned Pentre and we thought she died...” Alexei sighed, obviously tired; he ran his fingers through his hair and shook his head, “Heard her whistling but this....wall showed up.”

“Y’aint seen her, have ya?” Dunsten chimed, “about ye-high, mean little face, yells a whole lot, funny hairstyle—“ he paused, trying to think of more descriptive words, but it was seeming like their captive had been telling the truth.

Iskra was looking more and more smug by the second, half-tempted to raise a fuss as if her half-healed injuries hurt more than they had even done. It sure would put her men in a bad mood, and she was nasty enough to do it to. Her eyes were fixed on Robin, “So vhen my men discover me in zhis state, how vill you explain yourself?” She teased, “Dunsten has been known to have...razher nasty temper vhen men hurt me. Loyal man.”
Aynor came over and smiled at Iskra as if staring at a sweet yet easily won lady, running his finger gently down her cheek and lifted her chin to deliver an unexpected if passionate kiss

"I certainly wouldn't mind a woman like you in my life, honey, who knows I might have to keep you for myself, after all... neither Onyx nor Pentre deserve you after losing you, and this lot fails to appreciate you properly... I for one like playing with fire..." assured Aynor taking a few steps back when Robin budged in, the slaver keen on the merchandise

"You're merchandise, slave, and rebellious merchandise, nothing further to explain there. Now, darling, if you really are Onyx leader and these bandits pay good enough gold for your return, I would serve you wrapped up in fur, with or without injuries, with or without clothes, to their preference. But payment upfront or your shackles won't come off. On the other hand, if there is no money on the table, there will be no delivery and release either. Then Pentre gets your pretty neck ... for a fee." explained Robin clearly having no other allegiance than that of a bounty

"How much you reckon Onyx would pay for you? You're a terrible shot after all, more a liability than a help, and your much too bossy and mischievous, the amount of talking and damage you cause is unrivalled, I very much doubt a man would put up with you for long. Alexei isn't a patient type... come think of it, I'm surprised Pentre didn't have your tongue cut off, that alone is admirable I will have to give him more credit for sure..." muttered Robin

"How much you reckon you could be worth babe? fifty gold? one hundred? Pentre 's offer stands at two hundred for you, they better match or improve the offer..." trailed off Rufus.

Meanwhile, outside the wall, Haldor lowered to the ground, having crossed the wall, ropes ready to return though not at all scared of Pentre since he worked for the callous lord at present.

"We have a slave for sale that fits that description, she is... very ... vocal and she likes to command alright, a bit of an arsonist too and struggles to take orders as well. But I tell you, no way she can be Onyx I have never seen such worse aim in my entire career.

We caught her running off from Pentre but when she tossed the tagger she entirely missed the target and caused major injury to her only companion. No way she can be the one you're looking for. Though you should come check her out all the same, I mean... would you really let a fugitive tarnish your name and reputation without teaching her a lesson? I would have thought you might want to give her the grand opportunity to meet the real deal. Scare her enough to stop impersonating your name" suggested Haldor

"If Pentre gets her back... with such appalling skills and blurting out that she belongs to Onyx, he will think, as we would do, that you Onyx as the easiest clumsiest targets to be had, bad for business to give away such weak reputation..." warned Glendale

"She's for sale, Pentre offers 200 so far, I'm sure you can match that easily, but if after seeing and hearing her, you don't want her either, Pentre is not far off from here, we just hand her to him instead. You guys pay better and upfront though so deserve first picks" mused Glendale

One of Atoli’s eyebrows quirked up at Taff’s words. She hadn’t been expecting a dramatic confession such as this. To the harpy the man’s knack for magic was apparent. She hadn’t considered that the others might not sense it.

Her brows knitted together with concern when the other men left to apparently welcome more bandits. She glanced to Iskra to see her reaction; The woman’s expression did little to soothe her worries. So her clan’s men would soon be here… great… She looked away and combed her claws through the feathers on her arms idly; a nervous habit.

Atoli looked in time to see Quintus help the guilty-looking warlock back to his feet and watched as he made his way to her. She calmed slightly at his presence and stared out at the night outside, looking thoughtful.

When Quintus patted her, Atoli flinched at the unexpected touch and looked up at him, bewildered. Her eyebrows shot up in surprise when she realized what he was doing. She looked down to focus on her hands as her mind struggled to determine how he viewed her. A tame creature to pet? A helpless girl? Or both?...Or neither?

The harpy lifted one hand and carefully pushed his gauntleted hand away. Internally reminding herself that she had a pride to uphold as a harpy; ‘I am the embodiment of storm winds, an agent of chaos, a force to be reckoned and respected…’ She thought to herself repeatedly.

Her cheeks were hot as she glanced up to his visored face before looking back down, unable to see his expression. Her feathers looked as if static was coursing through them as they fluffed around her neck and shoulders in embarrassment. The last thing she wanted was to make an enemy of this warrior, but this odd physical contact was simply too much for her to handle.

As her internal struggle ensued she didn't notice the interaction between Aynor and Iskra nor the conversation that took place.
Kenji Omari Nu (played by TheLittleWitch)

The sound of pleasant bird song cut off abruptly, as if the bird had been choked out of its voice. Kenji met Atolis gaze when she lifted it to the rafters and grinned. She brought her finger tips to her plump, iridescent lips then blew a kiss towards the harpy. The fae seemed not in the least bothered by Atolis comment, but more like amused that the creature disliked her so. It tickled Kenji.

With a fluid motion, she dropped from the rafters, landing a few feet from Taff like a graceful cat. She stood to her bare feet slowly, her pointed ears twitching at the sound of approaching men. Her small hand gripped the hem of his shirt, giving it a tug or two. She seemed not to mind the information he'd spewed about himself. It seemed she already knew all she'd needed to.

((whoops))

((OOC)) Lmao, wrong post place, Deathmarch? ;D ))

((Lol! whoops I have like 20 tabs open doing research and writing for this, just realized Ive been writing my part in the OOC))

Quintus had been resting eyes for a few moments, thinking of home. He wondered if any of his friends had noticed his absence...perhaps his superiors? or maybe time flowed differently... It made his head swim and so he began to think of his past, seeing his family one last time before he'd gone off world. It'd been the last time he'd....

He was broken from his thoughts as he felt movement under his hand, followed by a smaller hand lightly moving his hand off its resting place. It was then he noticed he'd gotten carried away and forgotten to remove his hand from Atoli's head, a wave of heat and cold coursed through him as he felt the slight embarrassment kick in as he brought his now restless hand behind his head.

"Oh, um, sorry...got carried away a bit with..." Upon noticing her puffiness he stood upright. "Hey are you alright? your getting kinda red and...fluffy... Is that supposed to happen?"

Some of his attention was brought away at the continued bickering between Iskra and Aynor, he still didn't believe Iskra. He wondered how things would go once her crew got here. The soft sound of a crunch and padding on the dirt floor brought his attention to the creature and Taff, both seemed much less threatening, especially now that Taff fully believed him to be a knight from the kingdom.

He brought his attention before continuing,
"Sorry, got carried away a bit. You reminded me of someone important. Won't happen again" he finished with a nod before pausing. Perhaps it would be wise to go out and take a lay of the area again, plan a possible escape route or useful obstacles. With that thought he began heading out, offering a nod to Aynor.

Iskra stopped. If there was anything close to comparing the look on her face to, it was that of a man witnessing war for the first time. Stunned into silence, stupefied and horrified all at the same time.

And then, Iskra’s face lit up a vibrant shade of red, specifically when Robin mentioned “with or without clothes.” No way in hell or heaven or any other power would she be allowing that to happen, “If you or any of your...” her eyes slid to Aynor, displaying a dangerous rage, “dogs, lay single hand on my clothing, I promise I vill have Dunsten cut zhat hand and all ozher appendages from your body inch. By. Inch.” Her voice had dropped low, a hiss worthy of a snake.

————

“I don’t know...” Alexei sighed, glancing out to the trees.

“Well the boss would be mad if we missed this chance, ay? Sa let’s see what the boys got, besides, it’s bad business if we reject them so quick.” Lev offered with a smile, “Makes us look unreliable. And better us to see first than that damned Pentre.”

Alexei sighed, “Fine, Fine, up the ropes, boys, let’s move.” They climbed up with quickness known to their clan, even Dunsten, big as he was. And when they entered the barn, Alexei gave Robin a wide smile, walking up to give him a hug— until his eyes landed on Iskra. In fact, all of the bandits froze, staring at her with a look of both happiness and sheer terror. That rage on her face wasn’t even good for them.

“...if we leave can we pretend we never found her...” Lev whispered, leaning towards Dunsten, and getting a swift elbow to the chest instead of a reply.
Aynor watched Robin go to greet the new arrivals, clearly the most acquainted with them. Whilst Robin was busy, Aynor took the opportunity to make some advances simply to tease Iskra some more, holding Iskra's chin gently in his palm to place another kiss upon her forehead instead, a gentle kiss, a caring one.

"Honey, the more I look at you, this red faced, the more I like you... you honestly look beautiful when you are this mad. So tell me do I have a love rival to dispose of? are you married perhaps?" questioned Aynor sitting down by her to relax and to take further liberties, wrapping an arm around her shoulders to tug her closely towards his chest, so she could rest her head upon it, whilst Aynor craddled her as if he was a protective lover. She had well shackled hands, no way she could strangle him anyways and with her aim, clearly, anyone else who was nearby was at risk instead.

"They're mean men, these slavers are, but don't worry about it, I will protect you, if they take your clothes off to keep Pentre off their tracks, I will let you have my spare ones... I promise..." mused Aynor as if craddling a helpless damsel in distress.

"You have beautiful white hair you know, it makes you stand out like a target in the dark, so I can find you better if you escape... isn't that peachy?" grinned Aynor brushing her hair gently as if petting a cat.

It was clear to the rest of the group that Aynor had fallen head over heels with this woman and that might just impede the sale because if Onyx was known to be ruthless, Aynor was known to be deadly enough to never leave any living witnesses.

"Hey why not go fetch her something to eat and drink, we can't have the ladies going starving, right?" prompted Glendale looking at Aynor hoping the man would release Iskra as be focused on this task.

"Indeed we cannot, what manners would that be if we do not feed the guests, Haldor, bring some over, she must be hungry after outrunning Pentre and you lot" nodded Aynor in agreement causing Glendale to cringe as it the whole task backfired.

Haldor muttered a low grumble at the low provisions already but Aynor's narrowed eyes convinced him they could part ways of some more of it. He went to fetch food from their travel bag, preparing a plate of dried meats like salamis and similar, some slices of cheese, some olives, a dollop of honey and a portion of bread.

Aynor took the plate and laid it down gently. "Here... you open your mouth I will feed you. You can't do so with your hands chained to the back you know..." muttered Aynor grabbing a skin of wine and one of water, unsure which one she might like.

Robin had walked away from Iskra coming to pat Alexei in a manly friendly hug and let the man go to bring them in and make them comfortable.

"We missed you, my friend.... it's been months since we last traded, come in, come in, mentor, make yourself at home and welcome to our usual lair" invited Robin waving his hand towards Iskra but with a puzzled eyebrow as the pair became stiff.

"These two ladies are our latest acquisition, a little sore, sweaty and tired perhaps, but no injuries, our healer took care of that. I can make them wash if you don't want them grubby" offered Robin

"Now you can have them both, without clothes, if you wish to take a better look as you often do or buy them as they are with all their accessories... what you see is what you get" shrugged Robin as if speaking merely of merchandise

"I know it is a little pricey but these two wenches are highly sought after by Tron the Terrible himself who is lurking nearby. Their current offer is a little steep, it stands at 200 gold, from the lord knight himself... are you interested in any way in acquiring them for say 250 gold? Match the offer at least and you walk away with them both and the keys to their shackles. For 250 we will even escort you back to your camp so Pentre doesn't cause you the least bother... we have his knight for surety" explained Robin extending the generous package and jabbing the thumb at Quintus

"If not interested, say so frankly, no harm done nor offense taken.

Ice queen can be quite a handful at times, loud and outspoken, bossy and rebellious, with a knack for threats and a tad arsonist with an awfully terrible aim too! watch out for injuries if you get anywhere near her" advised Robin gazing from Iskra to Atoli

"Night queen can be very hissy and pouty, as well as very scurry, vocal, and light fingered, on the thieving end of the scale, if you know what I mean. She suffers from a great sense of self entitlement... women eh? Can't live with them nor without them either.

Well, all products have defects, now you know theirs but the price stays the same though, no less than 200 gold, I am sure Pentre will buy them both regardless of defects, he just wants them to become dancing dolls in the wind as usual" shrugged Robin motioning for these Onyx bandits to come closer and take a better look if they wanted to, letting Aynor tend to Iskra and Atoli, feeding them food, though it was clear that the slayer's attentions rested on the white haired woman.

"For 300 I will give you an outstanding healer called Taff, he is your runaway captive, the prince's manservant, as well as a warlock of unrivalled power. Him and his pet raised this protective wall to keep Pentre out so we can negotiate calmly and safely" added Robin always keen to make that little bit more
Taff had become very tense and nervous, no sooner Alexei and and Dunsten arrived, gently and slowly backing further into the darkened corner to not been seen or noticed by these thugs. A hand over Kenji to keep her conceal and quiet in the dark.

Oh he knew very well what these two butchers along the rest of Onyx were capable of, he had seen how they dealt with the surviving knights and armoured guards that had been part of their party. The only thing that had spared his and Merthyr's life were the plain clothes, that is, the lack of armour and weapons which made these group of bandits believe Taff and Merthyr to be the lesser two of the group, commoners, squires perhaps or servants.

As he heard the final package from Robin, Taff paused stiff, wide eyed in horror, heart pounding faster in fear, sweaty and pale faced, his relaxed hand which had been gently placed upon Kenji's shoulder in a protective and caring manner suddenly became still as stone, if lightly trembling

Taff had never told these Onyx bandits that Merthyr was in fact the crown prince or that he possessed magic. The revelation would clearly jeopardise Merthyr now and place him in further danger.

“I-it’s fine…” Atoli mumbled, mortified at his description of her appearance. She straightened her posture as she composed herself and took a steading breath. On the exhale her feathers began to smooth down to a more natural position, and she brushed her claws through the ones on her neck to ensure they were tidy.

Her gaze snuck back to Kenji when the bird song cut off, and after seeing her blow a kiss, looked away. She looked back to Quintus as he spoke to her again and blinked in surprise at the mention of familiarity. She gave a nod in understanding, though this was certainly the first time anyone had told her such. Atoli stared at his back as he began to leave and glanced down thoughtfully.

It was then that Aynor and Iskra came back into focus; she blinked again at the man’s blatant advances on the unwilling Iskra. When Robin appeared with his entourage and began to ‘sell’ them, the harpy stared with fiery green eyes and flexed her feet; her long talons displayed.

The more Robin spoke the fiercer her expression became as her outrage built. Atoli glanced to Aynor then; the closest of them to her since he was sitting by them and busy harassing Iskra, and kicked the plate of food away after he laid it down. As the meager provisions scattered onto the dirt she leaned back and sent out a higher second kick at the man.

Her talons caught and punctured the leather one of the water skins he held; the wine spilled from the bag like an open wound. She straightened and turned to glare back at Robin and the group as if daring them to get close. The feathers she had worked on smoothing before were now raised in hostility to the bandits, making her look more like a wild creature than a captive girl.

((Let me know if this is too god-moding and I’ll change it))
(( OOC lmao a very plausible reaction... hissy description proven lol ))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Mysterious Bandit (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus