Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » "War never changes, and neither will we" (Open)

Colin Morvach (played anonymously)

Colin opened fire at the creatures immediately, reloading, aiming and firing in the span of a second as he screamed.

"Damn you! See what you did!" he roared at Brac, before holstering his crossbow and drawing his sword, raising it. His blade, compared to Brac's, was tiny, only the size of Colin's forearm. But as he carved through demons, slowly falling back, it didn't seem to matter.
Brac (played by Bracious)

Brac caught the Paladin and set him on the ground he then stepped in front of Sybil.
"Stay behind me, this is the exact opposite of what you normally do right?" Brac readied his blade and lowered himself into his fighting stance.
"y-you don't have to tell me twice, big guy!"

Man she felt like she was going to be sick. She took a deep breath and swallowed the lump forming in her throat before taking aim at one of the creatures, backing up slightly to get a good aim on one of them before letting her arrow fly and narrowly hitting the target. She turned her head the other way as she heard the "thunk" of the arrow landing on the creature.
Ikasia looked at them. Brac, trying to somewhat protect Sybil. Colin, going all in by himself. And Sybil, in utter shock. She shook her head. She had not gotten any payment or mission yet. The other were holding their ground. There was no reason for Ikasia to get involved or help out. With that, she shrugged, turning around on the heel and steadily heading down the hall. Of course, she wasn´t off her guard. She knew what happened behind her.

Colin sidestepped a stab by a spike covered demon, falling backwards inch by inch. He screamed profanity after profanity as he fought, becoming a blur of motion and screaming. Soon he had retreated behind Brac, returning to his crossbow to thin out the demon horde.
Nomad (played by Lord_Cross) Topic Starter

The knight roared and lept into the air. Coming down like a ton of bricks. His sword clattering with Brac's as The Corrupt Knight applied pressure. His face got dangerous close to The Black Beasts and he could see the darkness seeping from his helmet.

The demons and corrupted Guard all rushed past the two and pushed against the others. Most being felled as easily as any man would. But the creatures of demonic orgins were made of tougher stuff.

As the fight went on. From the other end of the hall a bright light flash and a demon crashed through the wall into the outside. Then from around the Corner. Grand Paladin Harbinger came in. hands and spear crackling with the power of the sun as he raised an empty hand. Forming a sunlight bolt and throwing it. The explosion burning away half a dozen of the demons as he watched Brac and the Knight clash.

imperius_by_karlingvarsson-dazv186.jpg

Colin whirled at the fireball, before turning back to the demonic horde, ignoring the duel of the knights to his left. Another bolt found its way into the heart of a corrupted guard, felling the undead abomination, but soon, it was back to his blade as the monsters closed in once more. His screaming abated, and Colin became deathly calm, his voice ringing out through the halls as he fought.

"And whoever shed man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed, for in the image of God, made He man! I cast you out, Daemon! Out!" he roared, his voice strangely level, holding his battered cross out with his left hand for an instant before slipping it back around his neck, decapitating a zombified servant boy with his blade as he did so, before carving the head in half midair.

Brac locked his blade with the knights his armor slowly shifting it's form.
"You think this is darkness I could really show you what darkness is."
Brac reeled back and head-butted the knight
"But I've got more restraint than that."
Sybil watched the elf run past her and snarled a curse in her direction before yelling back at her.

"Coward! You're a smart coward, though. I'll give you that.", she shouted down the hall.

She shook her head and pulled her bow back again, backing up a bit more for a better aim. She attempted to help wear down the creatures in front of Brac. Usually she would have fled too, but took a liking "the black beast" in front of her, and she wasn't one to leave things she liked behind. She took a deep breath and steadied herself once more before letting the arrow fly and quickly shutting her eyes tightly before she could see what damage she had done.
Ikasia, (who is walking, not running) waved her hand to the woman behind her. "To keep out of a fight you are no part of is not cowardice. To run from your own fights is." She shrugged. Then, she turned around. "But i will stay here, because the paladin i was looking for just showed up here."
She huffed as the woman turned back.

"This threatens your life too. This IS your fight."

She couldn't bare to look at the wake of destruction in front of her and kept her eyes trained on the elf.
Ikasia shook her head. "I saw demons worse than that and curses heavier. None of them threatened my life. I have not been paid to fight yet, i will not offer my service for free. The moment i get attacked, this is my fight. But that has not happened. You three, now four, seem to hold it pretty well." She sat down, legs crossed, expressionless. During the whole situation, she had no emotions showing on her face whatsoever.
Sybil furrowed her brows at the woman, that was in all honesty rather fair. Not honorable, but fair, not that Sybil knew anything about honor. What the elf was doing was something that she herself would probably do as well, but in this moment it was aggravating beyond belief..

"I've been paid but....this certainly wasn't in my job description.", She loudly spoke to the elf as she drew back her bow once more.

She turned to the other woman with a wink as she let the bow fly, a smirk played on her lips as she retained some essence of her humor, besides being paler than a ghost and sick to her stomach.

"At least you have something pretty to watch."

The Knight reeled back from the headbutt and loosed a roar. He then swung his crippled arm and sent a splatter of corrupted corrosive blood at the group. He then launched forward and shoulder checked Brac into a wall before swinging his sword right at the warriors head.

Harbinger watched the demons and then watched as the elf sat on the floor, His temper flared as he pinted his spear at her chin, "If you have no interest in saving anyone from a lifetime of Suffering then go back from whenst you came. You kind will only be remembered as a faliure. Your character is a clear indicator why...' the Paladin then broke forward and ran past Brac and his new friend. Tearing into the demons and slowly pushing them back as he cut and banished them. His holy spear and the power of his miracles burning the demonic beings to ash.
Ikasia still did not show a glimpse of a reaction. "You are disturbed by the situation. Be it the supernatural occurance or the massacre, something gets you unresting.", she said. Her face was blank. "You could do better than you do now, under other circumstances." She sighed. "It is necessary to improve on that. If you can´t always do your best, it might cost your life."
She lost her smirk slowly, her brows going back to being furrowed.

"Blood.", she replied. "I can't stand the sight of blood. Makes me dizzy and pass out. Always has."

She took a deep breath and exhaled.

"What can I say I'm a lover, not a fighter.", her smirk returned a bit after biting out a tad of sarcasm.

Brac let out a low laugh and stood against the wall.
"I've met your kind before, you've never had someone depend on you for protection for their lives. You've never fought with a unit never fought with friends." The veins in Bracs face had turned black and his eyes blazed on.
"I have fought time and time again for those that need me, and this monster won't do me in!" Brac heaved his sword over his head and swung at the knight with the force of a mountain.
Ikasia´s brow went up at Brac´s words. "Are you talking to me?" She tilted her head, standing up.

Colin snarled, cutting down a bizarre quadrupedal beast as he turned.
"Easy there, armor, you're getting close to the point where I'll have to deal with you," he said darkly, ducking under a blow made by a flaming, demonic ax, then rolling backwards to his feet, "for now though, let's deal with this. Your Mollie behind can wait," he spat, still fighting.

"We both were" Harbinger spat at the Elf and Slammed his spear theough a demons chest. Pushing it back until it tilted out of a window.

The Knight. Empowered by the darkness set into him. Swung back and roared as their blades collided so hard that a shockwave traveled out of the impact point. Causing everyone in the hall to meet resistance.

Down the hall something crashed through the corner wall and revealed the outside courtyard and beyond. A small army had somehow managed to get into the castle grounds and were slaughtering guards and servants alike. Harbinger looked out and scowled, "By the gods...i must find the king!" He then rushed off down the hall.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » "War never changes, and neither will we" (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus