Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » "War never changes, and neither will we" (Open)

Brac (played by Bracious)

Brac grew impatient waiting for Ravva so he set off down one of the many halls of the castle searching for something. He was interested by the unique tapestries and paintings that decorated the hall.
She simply walked down the hallway, looking around at the tapestries herself and thinking how much they would sell for and how difficult it would be to take them down for herself, she stopped in-front of one that looked rather grand. It was a royal purple tapestry, beautiful gold threat was sewn into it. This one, she thought, HAD to get this one. It should cost a fortune.

Bracs footsteps echoed throughout the hall, his focus undeterred, his senses as sharp as his blade.
"Something doesn't feel right." He thought to himself.
Brac then began to move silently as he heard footsteps that were to light to be a guards.
She looked up at the tapestry, thinking if it was really worth it. It was rather high up...No. It's not worth it. She turned and snatched a fancy vase off of the table nearby, stuffing it into a bag on her back with a chuckle. She glanced up at the tapestry one more time.
Nomad (played by Lord_Cross) Topic Starter

The Paladin sighed and headed for the door, "We march in two days! Talk to the servants or find me if you need anything until then!" He then pushes out of the doors and leaves the kingdoms guests alone. He had to prepare and couldn't afford to wait around for them to sort their lives out.

Outside the King's army and the Order of Gywn was forming it's strike force and gathering supply for the trip. They clearly planned for this to be a long journey. They even had a mobile smithy and lab being prepared.
The castle was looking like any human´s castle looked. Ikasia always found them lacking a bit of creativity in their structures, but that was none of her buisness. She had recieved a letter, god knew how they had found her, from a human king, that asked for aid in a war, that was inevitable. She did not know why there was war, who the king was, what he stood for. She did not care, either. He payed. Ikasia had given up to try and be just, it did not work in this world. She had promised to survive, to live eternal and as an elf, she had good chances. To do so, she needed money. And she was a warriormaster, fighting was in her blood. Why not combine them, was what she had thought, ages ago. Since then, she was a blade for hire. And a legend.

This particular king had one thing about him, that interested her. The price. It was immense. It was visible that he expected a lot of her, to compensate for his expenses. But Ikasia was not known to disappoint, she was a saint with the blade. And so, she showed the guards at the castle doors the letter, got in and looked around. "Now to find that paladin.", she muttered, as she wandered through the halls.

Brac had found what he was looking for and silently crept up behind them.
"It's a fine piece of art isn't it?"
He said while looking at the piece of tapestry, towering over the individual.
She tensed a bit, hearing a voice come from behind her all of a sudden, she turned, relaxed then looked up at the man then looked back up at the tapestry.

"Mhm, would probably sell real well on the market, too. Hey, big guy, how about you give me a lift up there? I'll get it down and we can split it 50 50? I'd do all the work and all you gotta do is lift me up on your shoulders. How does that sound?"

Se wondered how such a big guy in full armor sound sneak up behind her so quietly but she shrugged the thought off.

Brac stared down at the woman, his eyes burning like embers behind his helmet.
"I am not interested in money, I however am interested in how you got in here past the guards and almost past me."
His voice was quiet yet assertive, he let no emotion slip through into his voice. He crossed his arms and waited on her response.
She smirked a bit and slowly turned towards him, glancing up with him with her smug expression. She pointed to the door she came from.

"Picked the lock and walked in when the guards weren't looking. You should really up the security here. If it was someone other than me I imagine that this tapestry wouldn't be the only thing missing, the kings head would be too."

She paused for a bit and continued.

"Anyway, about that tapestry offer I gave you..."

Brac let out a hearty laugh, and uncrossed his arms.
"You amuse me, you very well could've killed the king fetching you much more than this tapestry, however you insist on taking this instead."
Brac kneeled in front of the tapestry offering to help.
"I'll help you, but I would like to know the name of the woman I am helping."
Nomad (played by Lord_Cross) Topic Starter

Grand Paladin Harbinger was in the war room when he received a report that the Elfish swordmaster had arrived on the grounds. He only sighed and nodded, "Finnaly...Has the Warden reported back?" He asks his guard and nods when he got an affirmative. At least they had more the one secret weapon in play...they would need it if the situation was as bad as he thought. He then sent his guard to Retrieve Ikasia and being her to him so he could explain the situation to her.
A knight stopped Ikasia, bowing front to her. "Milady, would you please follow me? The Grand Paladin will meet you now, to give details on why you have been called.", he said. Ikasia shrugged. "Alright. Lead the way, knight.", she said, following said knight to whereever he would lead her. She was not fully trusting anything here and kept her mind and body ready for everything, but she did not display anything yet. Like that, she got lead to the Paladin.
Her face lit up with a genuine smile.

"I dabble in stolen goods and information, not blood. Never blood. Plus this is waaay more pretty than some bloodied head of some old man."

She stepped up onto his shoulders and spoke again.

"The names Sybil, by the by. Whats yours?"

Brac helped Sybil reach the tapestry.
"That is true this is much nicer than a bloodied head." He let out a small chuckle after this.
"The names Brac, I'm usually just known as the Black Beast.
She managed to take the tapestry down and she quickly folded it up and placed it in her bag.

"hm.. powerful name, Brac the beast is rather fitting as well . Thanks for the help!"

"Sybil we could use help from someone with your skill set, or least I could."
Brac looked over his shoulder to make sure no one was listening.
"There's a war coming, and I don't have all the details that I want, something else is going on and I need answers."
Brac took off his helmet and looked Sybil in the eyes.
Her eyes narrowed at him slightly, grey eyes piercing his at the sudden serious topic.

"I can certainly get information, no big deal. But it depends, it depends on how much you're willing to pay. The more coin I get, the more information you get."

Brac rubbed his jaw at the notion of coin.
"Coin is certainly something I'm short on in this era, what about an exchange of services I'll help you with whatever you may need and in return you help me."
Brac let out a small smile something he hadn't done in many years.
She frowned a bit.

"Thats rather unfortunate. No coin no information. However, its your lucky day! The king hired me for juuuust that. Hes already paid for my services."

She smirked a bit with a wink.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » "War never changes, and neither will we" (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus