Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » OC Night

Prompt # 3 Answer:

Irrayithil -- Messing with her hair or stealing one of her trinkets. Each one, and strands is a precious addition to her life. it was a conscious desicion she made to include it in that specific spot or that specific strand. she doesn't mind if someone admires it, or even touches it, but pull or mess with her hair and try to take something out she will stab you with a needle. No questions asked. You do NOT mess with the hair.
Ashley Topic Starter

Prompt #3

Don't touch the tooties.

tooties_by_greekceltic-dbtp928.png
Ashley Topic Starter

As a reminder this is a super casual conversation and anyone can jump in at any time. You can also ask other people about their answers or just.. say what's on your mind.
Todd: It honestly depends on the day. Sometimes, it is impossible to make him angry, especially if he's buzzed and a little sleepy or in an unfamiliar situation where it would be very unwise to lose his temper. Some days he's just irritable and the slightest mistake in his work, stubbing his toe, etc. will drive him to cussing and pitching a chair out a window. Fairly consistently, though, insult to his abilities, pointing out his inadequacies or treating him like he's stupid is enough to piss him off. He'll readily get into fist fights, shouting matches, etc. but there comes a point where he blacks out if he goes a little too far. At this point, he'll either stay down and wake up with a headache or Mothman will take over and do his moth thing.

Fiddle: Fiddle is calculated in her anger. The best way to piss her off is to take away her necessities, make her feel powerless, etc. She doesn't go looking for trouble most of the time, so it takes work from the offender to actually offend. Fiddle can more readily let things go if she can just get away, but she has been known to sabotage other peoples' lives in one way or another.

Lorn: They say Lorn has the patience of a saint, but this is only partially true. He's very good at keeping relative composure, even in high-pressure situations, but, like Fiddle, he won't put up with ongoing harassment for long. Usually a stern talking-to is enough to deter people, but he has been known to hire some persuaders should it persist. He's easily flustered, but genuine anger is something best left to someone else.

(Todd touched those tooties and lived.)
Ashley Topic Starter

[Prompt #4] What is an unusual social practice in your character's world? Whatever you can think of. (Examples: Humans wear make-up, eat dinner communally, hug, etc. All things that might be seen as bizarre through an other-worlder's eyes.)
Ashley Topic Starter

Todd will need at least twenty more interactions before Alf forgets.
Montte (played by Lattz)

Prompt #4

Montte -- ((Misread the prompt; but this is stuff he doesn't get why people do these things))

People saying 'Bless you' to a sneeze.

Kissing on the mouth.

Singing for entertainment.

Taking care of or having pets / ie. wasting resources for entertainment.

Stuff in his world that may be weird?

People will kill each other for slips of paper called 'hall passes'. These are basically your ticket into a rich person's home to pitch why you should be able to work for or under them -- and in turn have a pretty comfortable (but not guaranteed) life.

If the noble doesn't like your pitch, you're either thrown into the lowest slums, killed, or otherwise repurposed.

Getting one is your ticket up or down.

I guess a more common ritual is trading/bartering coats! Families usually have one or two coats (yes, the clothing article). The coat is handed down to whoever is actually going out to earn for the family in the higher up areas. It's one of the few things a family member can have to make themselves presentable to the higher ups.

It's a valuable item and swapping them with someone isn't uncommon for some reason.
Ashley Topic Starter

Prompt # 4

Alf:

- Hair brushing. Grooming is a social activity for cats so it's something that would be done mostly by family and friends or as a way of sucking up. Salons are weird for him.
Todd: (Gonna use earth Oblique for this one). Saying "bless your heart." If anyone in that town is blessing anybody's heart, they're probably about to die. Also telling the bees that someone has died, but it's usually older people doing both of these.

Fiddle: (Madra, Exis) There is a superstition where she's from about singing or whistling between the hours of 12-3 am, as it is said that fairies will hear you and steal your voice.

Lorn: (Fallough, Exis): Being invited to a garden party may be the best of worst day of your life. If you are wealthy and prepared for it, you'll do just fine at an elaborate event. Though it is also a place for the wealthy to poke fun at the poor, as they are usually either scrambling to uphold expectations or don't show at all. In many places down south, they are banned for this very reason.
Prompt #4:

Irrayithil -- Her people don't leave their city/village. The outside world is none of their concern, and outsiders are guided away, or if they have ill intents in the forest misled from their destination. Only highborn Elves are allowed out of the city. They are diplomats and make sure that their corner of the world remains unseen. Reasons being they guard many magical and mythical items/beasts in the forest. If any fell into the wrong hands it could be disastrous. Part of the reason Irrayithil's wanderlust, and travel desires are so dangerous. If she were to be captured and tortured for information to get through the forest traps and illusions it could be bad.
Alkeira (played by Cyanymph)

Prompt #4 , Alkeira doesn't have world per say but I weird thing she does, if she is trying to court someone to pork. She makes a nest filling it with nice smelling flowers and shiny things. She pretty much is the bird going 'becky let me smash'
unknown.png
Ashley Topic Starter

Wrapping this round up for the night. I'll be back to post more prompts another day. In the mean time, feel free to answer the ones I posted today!

Thanks everyone for participating! <33
Oh my gosh I can't believe I missed this. What a great idea, Ashley, I'd love to see another of these some time soon!

M'Boy Tonight
3jQl6Ge.png

Boyce is a late-30's logger who is terrified of vampires--reason being his village was 30 Days of Night'd when he was a young teen. He lives in a world much like our own but over 100 years ago, and with monsters that go bump in the night.

[Prompt #1] Does your character have a type of tic, or bad habit?
Lots!
  • doesn't speak in full sentences
  • walks away from people in the middle of a conversation when he's done
  • eats about a bulb of garlic in a day (it keeps the monsters away??)
  • does other superstitious stuff local to his own experiences (think like knocking on wood)

[Prompt #2] How does your character handle a relationship, what do they want in a partner?
What he wants: competence, independence, and enough openness to balance his aloofness, since it takes time for him to feel comfortable enough to open up, himself.

What he usually gets are short-term encounters that fizzle after maybe a single hook-up, as he doesn't actively pursue others except for when he's feeling lonely enough to bother with a one-night stand. He doesn't do well with those who don't respect his boundaries, but on the plus side he makes his boundaries very clear. Once someone's proven that they're willing to respect limits, he can be a very easy person to get along with. Skittish stray cat probably identifies his romance style. :I

[Prompt # 3] What would it take to push your character over the edge, temper wise? How bad do they blow when they've reached their limit?
Boyce is a very up-front guy. If something irks him, he removes himself from the situation. If someone oversteps a boundary and walking away isn't an option, he pushes them back and calms down again without holding a grudge. He doesn't often get angry but he does tend towards worse volatility when he's scared... but that's usually a more aggressive version of the above.

[Prompt #4] What is an unusual social practice in your character's world? Whatever you can think of.
Ahhh, Boyce is from around the 1910's in Eastern Canada, and I haven't done enough research to get really fine details about this, but I'm going to say that him living on his own in a part of the country that could suffer from winters that got so frigid is probably pretty unusual. Boyce grew up within a village in the middle of nowhere, so the practice wasn't entirely unfamiliar to him. I tend to plunk him down in settings much closer to our present date, so most of what he does and thinks are somewhat syncopated to what we'd consider 'usual'.
Ashley Topic Starter

I love him! What good answers. XD

Hopefully I can plan a time for the next round soon. I tend to do a mix of planned and unplanned. I guess I function best on a whim. But there will definitely be more of these!
Rockin! Thanks for stepping up. I've been craving forum game-like threads with more substance.
Gabriel Lupine (played by Raziel_Samael_Ray)

Ashley wrote:
[Prompt #4] What is an unusual social practice in your character's world? Whatever you can think of. (Examples: Humans wear make-up, eat dinner communally, hug, etc. All things that might be seen as bizarre through an other-worlder's eyes.)

Lycana is a land of werewolves. The land is separated in six territories, or kingdoms. Though human-like, they follow a more wolf like structure of government.
Ashley Topic Starter

I think I'll be doing another impromptu OC night tonight. Starting in 30 minutes. (9 pm Central USA Time, or 30 minutes from the time I posted this).

:star: OC NIGHT TONIGHT! Starting in 30 minutes. :star:

For anyone not familiar, OC Night is a get together where the host (that's me) posts prompts and guests answer them for their character or headworld. It's very casual, so feel free to jump in at any time! We're not following any kind of posting order.
You can also revisit prompts at any time, they never time out.

-Strokes chin- Actually, it never occurred to me that this could be considered a forum game. I'd always thought of it as an RP discussion. If I'm in the wrong forum, please do let me know!
Ashley Topic Starter

Alright, lets do the thing. The first part of OC night is sharing a character you're proud of. You can talk about any character at any time, so don't worry about locking yourself in. This part is literally just an excuse to share a character of yours!
Hello!
This is Baz. She's an angry parkour child. Bazooka spends time with a dimension traveling lady who doesn't communicate english well. She hates everything.

screen_shot_2017_11_17_at_10_03_54_pm_by_miapet-dbu2515.png
Throwing my boy Talib back in for this since I haven't done it in a long time.

RPR page: https://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=87849

TL;DR He's a musician just trying to get by with his boyfriend-- while trying to ignore the fact that he is highly sensitive to ghosts.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » OC Night

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus