Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Plotbased Horror-RP in the style of Sile (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

He's the guy! Hallo again, Monkeycyborgninja. Let's get planning!

The one thing I'd like to change about the premise you had before with the historical society, would be not doing it with people who already live in Silent Hill. In the games the protagonists are always people from out of town and we never once see what one assumes is the populated resort-town that Silent Hill might really be, because that would undercut the creep factor of not knowing what the hell is really going on. It should always be left ambiguous just how real the world of fog and urban decay is, and there should be a pervasive sense of loneliness, accentuated by the fact that all the monsters behave more like creepy wind-up-dolls than actual people, and all the actual people you meet are always acting strangely, like they're not quite sharing the same experiences as you are. That's my 2 cents, anyway.
UAZ-469 Topic Starter

Monkeycyborgninja wrote:
Hey there, can I get in on this? I've been trying to get a Silent Hill RP going on here but it didn't work out. As such I already have an idea in mind and am willing to take the role of GM.

Perfect, take the lead!

Although just like Pooka said, I agree that it would be more thrilling to have all player characters arrive from outside the town.
Alright, point taken, admittedly the historical society idea worked more for a fan fiction, where the protagonist would have been a transfer student and thus experience that creep factor you were talking about. But you're right, it doesn't really work with multiple view point characters that already live in Silent Hill.
UAZ-469 Topic Starter

Just to mention something:
Pooka wrote:
[...]and all the actual people you meet are always acting strangely, like they're not quite sharing the same experiences as you are.

Isn't it because those people are more sentient manifestations of Silent Hill itself, like the postman and nun in Downpour?
Logan Zack Weber (played anonymously)

I didn't realize I missed this much.....
UAZ-469 wrote:
Just to mention something:

Isn't it because those people are more sentient manifestations of Silent Hill itself, like the postman and nun in Downpour?

I don't know, but I don't take much stock in Downpour or Homecoming, the post-Team Silent games are basically Silent Hill in name only. Dahlia, Kaufmann and Lisa in SH1, Angela, Eddie and Laura in SH2 are all definitely real people. The reason Angela, Eddie and Laura act strangely is they don't see quite the same things as James. Angela's vision of Silent Hill is apparently on fire, Eddie's appears to be a frozen meat-locker. James sees sickness, decay, plastic tarp, hospital imagery and water-damage. Laura sees an ordinary town because she has no psychological traumas for Silent Hill to manifest.
UAZ-469 Topic Starter

But we could also play with those manifestations (not considering if they are canon or not), making us wonder if NPCs we meet there are "ordinary" residents who seem to live in a perfectly fine town or are basically ghosts.
Absolutely. All part of the mystique. Although we still have to figure out which storytelling medium this rp will involve. Forum, group, pm, etc - yes?
UAZ-469 Topic Starter

For my case, forum please.
UAZ-469 Topic Starter

Come on people, we are not done yet. ;)
What's left to sort out before we jump in?
UAZ-469 Topic Starter

The exact plot and how we meet there I suppose, but considering that Monkeycyborgninja wants to be the GM, I would say that we leave the plot and NPCs to him, while the rest simply tries not to die horrible deaths at this diabolic hands. ;)

So I suggest that we start off like Silent Hill 2: Everyone is lured in there by something or ends up more by chance in our town and once all are there, they meet up somewhere. Maybe an abandoned café?

If the others don't object, then I'd say that Monkeycyborgninja can open the RP-thread with a starter which sets up Silent Hill as a location, while the others continue to let their characters arrive.
Sounds good to me!

I've got a character arriving from the town of Ashfield (where some of SH4 takes place). The other towns mentioned in the games are Brahms (where Cybil from SH1 comes from) and Portland, Maine (a real city, also where Harry and Heather Mason live in SH3). Pleasant River was mentioned in early Silent Hill games as another town, but in Silent Hill Downpour it appears as a south-eastern district of Silent Hill, alongside (where SH1 takes place) in the north-eastern corner of Toluca Lake, and (where SH2 takes place) in the south-western corner. Shepherd's Glen shows up in Silent Hill Homecoming as a separate town from Silent Hill, but is located next to Toluca Lake, so I'm not so sure what its placement is in relation to South Vale or if it even counts as a separate town or just an estranged district of Silent Hill. The various developers of the series have really made the geography of Toluca County a mess. XD

Would be neat to have all the characters come from these various places to Silent Hill, I reckon. Although it's up to the others what their characters are all about.
UAZ-469 Topic Starter

Alrighty then!

I suppose that we can start now.

I'll close this thread and wait for Monkeycyborgninja to open the thread, so we can finally arrive in Silent Hill. :D
Alright, just give me a day or two to get ready, then I'll open the thread.
UAZ-469 Topic Starter

Monkeycyborgninja wrote:
Alright, just give me a day or two to get ready, then I'll open the thread.

Very well, then I can still write my new character profile. :D

Hehe, this adventure will be awesome.
Awesome, in fact you should all send me your character bios so I can think up a way to tie them all into the plot of the game.
UAZ-469 Topic Starter

So, um, as a total newbie to GM'd RP's:

How exactly will this work?

I know the GM will provide the setting for us at first, but what happens after it? Will he set up specific events/problems for us to solve and we react to it, to which the GM will react as well?
Alright, so I reckon the initial meeting place could be the Observation Deck overlooking the South Vale district of Silent Hill.

GTiFMyd.jpg

Reason being that it connects directly to the main thoroughfare of Nathan Avenue which heads to Paleville, Brahms, Ashfield and Portland, has a great introductory panorama of the town and lake, and South Vale is also where Brookhaven Hospital is, which is what my character's destination will be. Also, on the way into South Vale from the forest trail, we pass by Silent Hill Ranch, a cattle farm which might be connected to UAZ-469's character plot, maybe?

tcwVHaB.jpg
UAZ-469 Topic Starter

Oh yeah, right, is there an official Silent Hill-map we can use?

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Plotbased Horror-RP in the style of Sile (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus