Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Plotbased Horror-RP in the style of Sile (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

The map changes a lot with every new installment, but the Silent Hill wiki has a lot of the maps from the games, so we can just use those for reference.
This is my favourite map of the full region: [LINK]
Yeah, this is PERFECT!
UAZ-469 Topic Starter

Wha, Shepherd's Glen is actually part of Silent Hill? I always thought that it was just some small town, which just happened to be invaded by it.
It's not exactly a part of it, it just shares the lake front with it, it's technically its own town.
Shepherd's Glen is treated as a separate township in the game, more or less. But Shepherd's Glen is on Toluca lake, and you can motorboat to Central Silent Hill from it. Personally I never liked Homecoming (or Downpour, for that matter), and it contradicts a lot of what went before. For instance the map of Central Silent Hill is totally wrong, and they replaced the historic town center with a graveyard for some reason, and moved Overlook Penitentiary on top of several shops and streets that used to be there (In Downpour, the prison is relocated to an island off the Pleasant River district). But it's not my decision whether that game counts in the broader canon of the series.
You know Pooka, with your intimate knowledge of the game you might actually be better off DMing the RP than me.
Eurgh, responsibility. Knowing the lore and running a story are two different things! I have a particular character arc I want to play out, but I don't have a whole narrative in mind to tie everything together. That's up to you. I'm always available to help plot things out, tho! I think I work better as a collaborator than an orchestrator.
Alright, if that's how you feel, I guess I'll try my best then.
UAZ-469 Topic Starter

Why not work together? Monkeycyborgninja as the GM and Pooka as the advisor should questions about canon and such arise. :)
Sounds fine to me.
Josiah 'Joss' Lewis (played anonymously)

Alrighty! I for one am ready to go. :3
UAZ-469 Topic Starter

Well Monkeycyborgninja, how's it going with your starter? :)
Sorry, some things came up, but I'll post it either today or tomorrow.
So I'm about ready to post the starter, so I think we should discuss posting order, namely will there be one? I've been in RPs with multiple people before, and a posting order is a really good way to keep it organized and stuff, thoughts?
UAZ-469 Topic Starter

Is a posting order really necessary? I mean, I have never played with one, but if you think that this is a good idea, sure, go on.

Logan Zack Weber and Purple_monkfish, are you still there?
It's just a suggestion, I just feel like it helps keep dialogue and reactions in check, as well as prevent possible contradictions when two people post at the same time.
Alright guys, the starter is up, here's a link:

https://www.rprepository.com/community/forumthread.php?t=47802&p=1#3864586

Don't ask why I posted as Alkilai, the thing wouldn't let me just post as myself, so the DM for this game is apparently Alkilai.
Logan Zack Weber (played anonymously)

Still here, just lurking.
UAZ-469 Topic Starter

Okay, regarding the posting order, I'll leave this virtual dice here:

http://dice.virtuworld.net/?sides=10

I rolled a 2.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Plotbased Horror-RP in the style of Sile (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus