Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Something for the "Did you know?..." box

Kim Site Admin

rat wrote:
Is there one about the smalltalk thread? A link there could help encourage newbies to mingle.

No, but there's a "Chat with us" button that appears above the Did You Know widget, so I guess I felt it was redundant? Maybe it's not though, what do you folks think?
Sanne Moderator

I have a few to throw in here too! I can't remember what we did with these links on the site as far as placement goes, but it might be fun to include them in DYK. :)
Quote:
Not sure what to search for to discover interesting characters? Try your luck with a random one!

Sometimes spontaneous friendships are the best kind of friendships. Why not say hi to a random person?
rat

Neato! Was just tossing out scraps of ideas, but I'm glad it helped. :)

I'm now thinking that sneaking a smaller DYK widget at the bottom of other frequently visited pages could be cool if it's not too tricky to implement, so that way the hints are still available to people without being obtrusive.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Something for the "Did you know?..." box

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus