Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Kyraniu45

Kyraniu45 (played by Kyra45)

It was one of the rare times that the usually silent dragon strayed from her island...To her house on the local street. She still wore her simple dress and the like. She had made sure, though, to stock up on various halloween items this time around. Her house, though....

An old looking mansion covered with webs, broken windows, spiders, and some rickety(but otherwise intact) stairs. The path leading to it was riddled in cracks from age. Concrete paths once new were now in ruins. Thankfully, though, this appearance was only temporary. She had called upon the help of her darkest friends to use their magic.

Around the yard was pumpkins, with carved eyes that glowed blue from a fire burning from an unseen source. Fog blows out from a vented hole, leaving the grounds of the mansion slightly misty. Often times you'd think you'd see something darting in and out of the fog....

The porch was lined in an eery pulsing dark blue energy that lit up the railings with ease. The porch also held a statue holding a sign 'Welcome'...Or, at least it looked like a statue. 'Trick or Treaters welcome' read another sign hastily sticking on its head. The door looked cracked and old, but had a doorbell. Kyraniu45 awaits. The interior of her home looked deserted and barren....And really dusty.
Rainbow Dash (played by The_Ross)

[phone post, hope the proofreading's ok]

"Dare ya to go inside, AJ!"

A trio of improbably-colored equines stood just beyond the limits of the property's front yard, as though concerned that the very blades of grass might harbor evil spirits. Well, it was Nightmare Night, after all. The blue one was elbowing the orange one as she dared her, wearing a mischievous grin.

"I dunno, Rainbow. I mean, uh... well, just look at those stairs! A pony could get hurt traipsin' around willy-nilly in a place like that!" Applejack was still a terrible liar.

"Oooh, that reminds me, we should go find Willy Nilly's stand after this! He has the best carnival games!" Pinkie Pie was still Pinkie Pie.

Rainbow Dash and Applejack both stopped to stare at Pinkie Pie for a moment before rolling their eyes in perfect synchronicity.   "Anyway, if you're so tough, I dare you to go inside! I double dragon dare ya!" She poked Dash's side with her hoof a few times during the last sentence, emphasizing the seriousness of such a dare.

Pinkie Pie cut in before Dash could respond. "Ooh! Ooh! I dare myself to go inside!"

A few seconds passed. AJ and RD once again stared at a motionless, grinning Pinkie Pie, this time confused rather than exasperated.

"Challenge accepted!" Pinkie blurted into the brief silence, hopping and twiddling her hooves.

Rainbow Dash shrugged. "I guess that settles that."

Applejack just nodded and fell in behind the happily bouncing Pinkie, who was already halfway to the porch. Dash followed along behind them, hovering about half a pony height behind them, forelegs crossed, frowning and looking generally skeptical - or apprehensive.

"I've got a bad feeling about this," she muttered under her breath. Reckless even for her.

Pinkie Pie set her first hoof on the porch.

"Sure is quiet all of a sudden!" Applejack announced loudly.   Somewhere, Twilight Sparkle slammed her face into a book.
Kyraniu45 (played by Kyra45) Topic Starter

Indeed, it did seem deathly silent...

Until an orange-hued pony with reddened eyes open the door with a mischievousness grin. Those reddened eyes were more like dragon eyes that glowed eerily. Bright red hair with dull yellow highlights hid the red eyes a bit. Though a small yellow crooked horn poked out from the ruffled mess of the head hair. A dress that covered the hind feet, but showed the front ones was worn by the dragon using a dark magic to disquise herself as another form she had acquired during her adventures.

She looked at the trio, bright yellowed wings spread. With a look of mischievousness, she finally dared to speak.

''Welcome to my mansion, young ponies.'' She replied darkly, though the magic she used would occasionly cause her dragon form to flicker into view before the other form appeared. ''You seem terriifed.'' She hissed. ''Trick or treaters?'' She added.
Pinkie Pie (played by The_Ross)

"Land sakes!"

Applejack skittered back from the door like she was Twilight Sparkle retreating from a nest of snakes. Dash had landed just behind her, so of course the two toppled off the porch together.

Meanwhile, Pinkie was busy making a new friend.

"HI! I'm Pinkie Pie! That's a neat dress! Are you the evil spirit that haunts this house and gobbles up any fillies or colts foalish enough to enter? 'Cause I think we should be best friends!"

She had already hopped over and put a foreleg around the alicorn's shoulders as though they had known each other forever.

The red eyed alicorn snorts, wings folded.

''I am Kyraniu45, last guardian of a island that is lived in by dragons. I have returned to this land for the nightly day to treat or trick the foolish ones who step up to my home.'' She replied with a hiss. Though she lost it at the touch and her shyness forced her to flinch slightly with a startled squeak, and her form flickered a bit.

''I-i-i'm not dead yet...'' She stammered, startled quite badly. Not so tough and scary as she had attempted to be, possibly to due to her terrible shyness when near others. Took every ounce of her will to stay put and not flee back inside. ''Did I scare the orange'n?''
Applejack (played by The_Ross)

Applejack and Rainbow Dash had untangled themselves by now. When Kyra's personality suddenly changed, Dash raised an eyebrow and glanced over at AJ. She twirled one hoof near her temple in a circular motion, prompting AJ to give her a rough shove to get her to behave herself.

"Don't worry, Jackie and Dashie are the toughest ponies I know! See? They're just fine!"

Pinkie waved a hoof at the Applejack, who approached a couple of steps, still unsure of this stranger. What kind of pony lives in a haunted house?

Dash blew past AJ in a blur. She was... intrigued.

"Woah. did you say you live with DRAGONS?! That must be SO AWESOME! You gotta tell us all about it!"

"Yeah, I didn't even know there was an island inhabited by dragons! Well, I guess I've never actually gone sailing before, so I wouldn't know about any islands. Hey, what are islands like?" Pinkie had taken to hopping in a circle around her new best pony friend forever. Applejack, meanwhile, straightened her hat and kept a respectful (and safe!) distance.

"Uh, I'm just fine there, sugarc-" she broke off and turned her head to the side, noticing Kyra's wings for the first time. Her eyes grew huge. "Holy horseapples, are you a princess??"
Ditzy Doo (played by The_Ross)

(in other news, bbcode's not working in my posts. No italics? UNCONSCIONABLE)

(I see the italics though in yer posts? >.>...)

She nervously gulps.

''W-w-well, I'm not actually a pony perse.'' She replied, a dull purple glow coming from the crooked yellowed horn. ''Nor am I a princess. I am....'' She started to say, but stopped apruptly. ''I come from Dragon Island. It's a very large isle where dragons live in peace and harmony. They are friends to most, but a few are cranky at those ponies that recently came to visit. The isle doesn't celebrate Nightmare Night, so I come 'home' to here to do so....'' She answered, gulping again. ''N-n-n-nothing exciting about t-t-that.'' She stammered again, yellow wings tightly folded still but her lone horn still emitting a dull purple glow.

Then she just nodded silently, still using her dwindling will to stay put. Which was making her form flicker again. Uuuh..Yea...Right....I'm just a pony... She thought, trembling slightly. ''Princesses wear crowns and live in castles....''

(Huh. Guess opera just doesn't play well with bbcode then. Also, princesses wear tiaras. :p )

Applejack took off her hat and rubbed the back of her neck with a hoof.

"Now that I think of it, I reckon we just assumed anypony with wings and a horn is royalty, 'cause all the ponies like that that we've met have been princesses."

"But Blueblood's royalty, and he's just a unicorn..." Dash offered.

"Right, so I guess it works both ways."

"You guys! Didn't you hear what she said??" Pinkie pie cut in. "She's not just not a princess, she's not even a pony!"

Now all three crowded together in front of Kyra, heads touching, eyes wide, pretty much occupying her entire field of vision.

"So, what ARE you?" Dash tactfully inquired.

"Ooh, I know! I bet she's really a ghost!" Pinkie Pie expertly deduced. A few moments passed.

"AAAHH! SHE'S A GHOST! EVERPONY Rmmmff!"

Applejack's hoof drastically improved Pinkie Pie's manners.

''..........''

With that being said, the oddball lost it, skittered back...Or tried to. The door had shut and she rear-ended it. She re-opened it, and fled back inside with a terrified squeal. Or would have, but her dress got hung on a loose nail. Her dress tears off and she yelps. A small yellow key symbol can be seen where a cutiemark would be. ''.......'' She said again, still trembling.

Her will to stay put had crumbled, and now she was a nervous wreck. Though her feet had shiny yellow 'boots' on them.

She gulps again, her form flickerig just enough that the ponies did catch a glimpse...A glimpse of a dragon! ''If I told you w-w-what I really was then it w-w-wouldn't be a c-c-costume right? You have seen d-d-dragons before?'' She stammers, the horn still glowing with an off purple energy. ''Out of all the dragons in my island, I'm kinda...d-d-different...''

All of the ponies took a few steps back in unison.

"A d-d-dragon?? Woah nelly! I think we bit off a lot more than we can chew this time!" stammered Applejack, as she continued to back away. She was now a few steps back from the porch.

"I uh... I gotta check on my laundry... in the oven... on the moon. SEEYALATERBYE!" Dash yelled as more of a distraction than a coherent excuse as she tried to take off. Her plan would have been flawless, if it hadn't been for Pinkie. It was like most of her plans in that respect.

"Guys, wait!" came Pinkie's shrill cry. Rainbow stopped mid-flight and hung her head. "Ponyfeathers."

"This is a magic-using, haunted-house-living, dress-wearing DRAGON!! That's at least the third or fourth craziest thing that's ever come to Ponville without destroying most of it! Don't you wanna know more about her???" Pinkie begged of them, flailing her hooves in a suitably adorable manner.

"NOT REALLY!" called out Dash in her uniquely insensitive tone of voice. By now, though, the orange one and the blue one were back where they had started, without being aware of moving, and not really surprised by either of these facts.

Applejack sighed. "Forget it Dash. Let's humor Pinkie so we can get outta here. We might even get home without being eaten, if we're lucky."

Of course Pinkie's attention was fixed entirely on her new friend. "SOOOOOOO..." she practically sang, as she turned to face the dragon!pony again.

"I'm Pinkie Pie. What's YOUR name??"

''My name is Kyraniu45...'' She squeaked lowly, terrified out of her wits. Her form fails and disappears. Instead of a pony there stood a dragon with a straight horn and a crooked horn. The crooked horn was the one glowing, indicating it was the horn seen on the pony. Bright yellow wings were half opened, the tops lined in three finger-like extensions. The terrified dragon wasn't too tall by most standards, as she stood on her back feet. She panicked and quickly disguised herself as the pony again, laughing nervously.

''On the island dragons are a common sight...But it's only visit able by invites. It's far away from ponyville. Even the most daring of ponies stay away from it on Nightmare Night because it becomes haunted by ghosts,spirits, and weird critters that can disquise themselves as others. Other ponies that see me freak out because of my eyes.'' She squeaked again, nervously looking at the trio.

"Yeah, they're pretty weird-OOF!" said Rainbow. Applejack had cut her off with a swift kick to the ribs.

"Well, I think that's about enough exposition for now! Got any candy??" Pinkie inquired.

"Heeyyy, wait just a second!" Dash interrupted. AJ raised a hind leg threateningly, and Dash instinctively hopped away a few feet.

"You said you do this every year, so how come nopony's ever mentioned seeing you before? I'm pretty sure an alicorn... dragon... thing that only shows up once a year on Nightmare Night would cause a lot of rumors!" She was hovering all up in Kyra's face now, forelegs crossed over her chest as per her usual not-buying-it posture.

"I hate to admit it, sugarcube, but she's got a point. Fer once."

"UUUGGGHH! We're not gonna get ANY candy at this rate!" Pinkie made a big show of falling over backwards in exasperation.

''Because I try to stay away from crowds. Do ya know how hard it' be to live home on my land when ponies find me and start them rumors?'' She huffed, then uses her feet to bring a large bowl full of candy to her side. ''If your so curious, I could invite you to my island later.''
The Snail (played by Kim)

A sudden mushroom cloud of musty smoke erupts from the porch, and the snail appears right next to Rainbow Dash. It appears to have arrived mid-sneeze, because its head is in the process of rocketing forward and it is saying "--CHOO!".

The slimy, soft noise smacks into the pony's leg, and then its head immediately ricochets backward, smacking into its own shell with a wet thump. The front of its head has taken on a pony-leg shape. But in reverse.

It looks quite dazed.

Hearing the sneeze, Kyra turns and looks at the snail. A rather odd one, at that. ''A...Snail?''

Dash raises the offended hoof, and gives the creature a disapproving glare.

"...Eeeewwwwwwwwwwwww."

Applejack is intrigued. "What in Equestria is that?"

"Ooooh! What's that? What is it? What is it? What is it?" Pinkie inquires calmly.

"Uh, it's a snail, I think. Yuck," comes Dash's reply.

"...Huh." Applejack tilts her head slightly. She taps the snail's shell with a hoof, gently.

(Please forgive my tardiness! Don't send me back a grade!

Also, this thread is now present tense. Deal with it.)

''It's a...Snail...''
The Snail (played by Kim)

The Snail stares around, wide eyed. "Yes, I'm a snail," it confirms in a good natured, watery voice to both the ponies and the dragon. It noses at the bowl of candy that Kyraniu is holding. "Is this for me?"

With a light chuckle, Kyraniu nods. ''I have candy for everyone, and various types of garden grown greens for those who don't like candy~'' She replied. ''I didn't think a snail could talk, but around here I guess you just expect anything.'' She added with a shrug.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Kyraniu45

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus