Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Wish I could draw/had more art.

I love my role play characters and I wish some of them actually had art. Sadly I can't draw and learning isn't much of an option since my fine motor skills are poor.

The art I do have was drawn by other people whom I commissioned by using game currency from various games.
However I am no longer able to use these artists as they don't play those games anymore or lost interest. I also have been unsuccessful as finding replacements.

So anyone else in the same boat?
Not only do I wish my skills were good. But i wish i had teh technology for what little I do accomplish. The scanner i have scans them way to dark and the details i spend hours tryng to get right are lost.
Sanne Moderator

As an artist I tend to draw my own art. My health has made it difficult to focus on drawing much though.

I try to make collages or use stock photo references (IF I'm allowed to use them that way) of photos to piece together what my characters look like if I can't draw it myself, as I've no money to spend on other artists and don't play games that allow currency to be used this way.

http://www.morphthing.com/morph

If you need human facial references, this is a good place to create a face reference!
TheLily

I use dollmakers for a lot of my characters or stock photos. Sometimes I actually get off my butt and draw myself, but I'm not terribly good at it. Currently I'm poor as heck and I don't have the money to commission until after Christmas.
I have a lot of projects going at the moment, and my laptop's in the shop right now. However, expect a lot of offers of free art after the holiday season.
I wish I had a scanner, I'd start drawing again just to put them up for my own enjoyment and future use, I'd not be good at drawing though so meh.
PikaPika11

I wish I could draw. If I learned, I would most likely forget. All I can do is trace. :(
I draw my own, but if any of you would like I do super cheap commissions :)

Also, if you don't have money there are all sorts of sites where you can create your character through dolls and such, I also used to use video games to create them and just screen shot their image. Its not the greatest but it works.
I do my own art when I can get myself motivated to actually draw for myself. I do some cheap commissions for a bunch of my friends on here that keeps me drawing, but some of my pages have no reference at all.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Wish I could draw/had more art.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus