Kamelot
Moonspell
Nightwish
Northern Kings
Power Quest
Seven Witches (one of my favorites!)
Skindred
Tarot

Not all of these are necessarily defined as heavy metal, but they're all metal. Skindred is a special flavor you need to get used to, but their stuff is pretty good. :D
Well, you've got the classics!

Iron Maiden
Metallica
Slayer

but also:

Epica
Delain
Slipknot
Eluveitie
Volbeat (recommended!)
Channel Zero
Diablo Blvd.
Sabaton
Bullet for my valentine
Korpiklaani
Stone Sour
Did someone say...

...headbangers?

Let's see. Most awesome bands have been mentioned already. So here's some black/death metal.

- Dimmu Borgir
- Dark Fortress
- Children Of Bodom
- Morgoth
- Arch Enemy

If that's not to your taste, I've got some others for you as well.
- Disturbed
- System Of A Down
- A Day To Remember
- Heaven Shall Burn
- Powerwolf

Rock on my friends!
mojo Topic Starter

ive heard of some of those bands i love slipknot and bullet for my valentine but ill look yup the rest thx guys
Ilmarinen Moderator

What kinds of metal do you like? I wouldn't call Slipknot and BfmV metal personally.

If you like thrash, try giving Kreator, Exodus, and Sodom a listen. The classic German titans of thrash.

There's plenty of obscure raspy black metal for you to peruse. Look into Darkthrone and Emperor. They're a classic. And old-school Bathory, a la their "Blood Fire Death" album. Dead Raven Choir's "My Firstborn Will Surely Be Blind" is a hell of a listen also, but it's not everyone's cup of tea. Immortal is really GOOD black metal, accessible, and actually has a beat and production quality. And Abbath's voice is killer! They have a spinoff band called I with one album, "Between Two Worlds," that is my favorite ever.

I'm not too well-versed in death metal either... obviously Cannibal Corpse rocks the market here. Amon Amarth is sort of a cross between death and folk.

If you look slower heavier stuff, try doom metal. The Sword and Candlemass are my faves, especially Candlemass' "King of the Grey Islands" album. That thing is masterful.

Folk metal is my baby. Korpiklaani's my favorite band ever (and they do a killer live show) with Finntroll a close second. You can't go wrong with Ensiferum either. Turisas is fun and cinematic, Tyr's songs have amazingly poetic lyrics. Bathory's Nordland albums are awesome too, and I guess they could be considered folk. Equilibrium. OHHH and Heidevolk, for glorious deep vocals. And Primordial's stuff is just stunning. And Svartsot (their first album).

3 Inches of Blood has the best vocalist in the entire earth. Look up their "Destroy the Orcs" song for a preview. Wintersun is just hands-down amazing, and they only have two albums so they're easy to get into.

And the classics are always good... in addition to what's been listed, you HAVE to listen to Dio's "Holy Diver" album... classic! Also White Wizzard is a newer band, but it has a great classic sort of feel to it.

For weirder mixes listen to Flametal (flamenco metal) (their first album is better) or Diablo Swing Orchestra (swing metal).
some of my faves include blind guardian, iced earth, nevermore, within temptation.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » headbangers wanted

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus