Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Furcadia For a beginner

Hey all you Furcadia players, i made an account yesterday and i have no idea what to do. Can anyone point me out in the right direction?
Hi there :)

I remember how overwhelming it can be to see all those dream portals and have no idea what to do with them. A lot of Furcadia is about exploring and summoning up the gumption to talk to strangers, as you've done here.

Generally speaking, the I button on your interface (standing for Imaginarium) houses most of the non-adult-themed roleplaying dreams. Most of these portals will have a webpage and/or a rule list to read so you can understand how you're expected to behave there. If adult interests are what you have in mind, you'll find the overcrowded FurN to be a host to your pleasures. The A and the AI hold experimental or social dreams, where roleplaying doesn't often occur, but chat does.

You enter a portal by walking your character into it. You'll have a wait screen while you download the dream. Once in, you'll be able to explore it. You can see who is in a dream once you're there by pressing F4, and you can click on names in the chat window to pull up their "desc" (their profile). This is where you are usually expected to have a brief description of what your character looks like, and house a link to more details elsewhere.

I'll be happy to answer more questions as you have them.
TheLily

I'd be willing to help too! Furcadia used to be my second home and I'm slowly getting back into it!
Ambrosia Topic Starter

Great, I'm getting home from work now but I'd appreciate it if someone could show me around :)

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Furcadia For a beginner

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus