Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Well, now I've done it....

Greetings all,

As I was stumbling along the internet, I was momentarily distracted and found myself in strange surroundings, with even stranger (yet utterly fascinating) people. 'Roleplayers' they call themselves. I must admit, I'm rather intrigued. They seem so very warm and welcoming that all at once I'm obliged to hang my coat and stay for a spell. I could be wrong, but my nose tells me (and my nose is very rarely ever wrong) that there just might be a few good stories to find here. And, it's also quite possible that I might even take part in some of them. Outrageous! Scandalous! And....tempting!

I hope no one minds if I take a seat over here by the fire. Outside, the weather is rather nasty, but a warm cup of tea and some good stories shared with new friends will set me all to rights. Don't be shy, now! I'm almost completely harmless, I promise you.

I look forward to meeting each and every one of you. Let's tell some stories!
Gasp! Welcome to our humble little corner of the interwebs, good person! We most certainly don't mind the odd stranger who comes in, seeking warmth and good storytelling! We have both to offer, after all! (Also, isn't a stranger just a friend you haven't met yet? ;3)

So as one of the locals around here, let me give you a big fat welcome to the RPR! And cookies! What's your favorite kind? Doesn't matter-- these cookies magically turn into it! Don't like cookies? It'll become the next best thing you favor! *throws them at* So you're new to RP, I take it? If so, what's gotten you interested in it? What kind of genres of storytelling do you like?
TheLily

What a beautiful introduction! I have a feeling you'll fit right in here. I would like to believe that all of us are story tellers here!

Welcome. If you ever need anything, let me know. I'm always happy to get to know new people!

Are you new to roleplaying all together, or is this old hat to you? What sort of things are you looking forward to ?
Emberleaf Topic Starter

Copper_Dragon wrote:
Gasp! Welcome to our humble little corner of the interwebs, good person! We most certainly don't mind the odd stranger who comes in, seeking warmth and good storytelling! We have both to offer, after all! (Also, isn't a stranger just a friend you haven't met yet? ;3)

So as one of the locals around here, let me give you a big fat welcome to the RPR! And cookies! What's your favorite kind? Doesn't matter-- these cookies magically turn into it! Don't like cookies? It'll become the next best thing you favor! *throws them at* So you're new to RP, I take it? If so, what's gotten you interested in it? What kind of genres of storytelling do you like?

Ah! I am eternally in your debt, my good sir! I must admit that I am rather taken at the moment with Macaroons (as my waistline will surely attest - I confess self-restraint is not one of my strong suits). *takes a nibble and inclines his head toward you*

Now then, on to the matter at hand - this business of 'roleplaying'. I confess to you that I am no stranger to the beloved art, having spent many years adopting various dramatis personae both at the tabletop with a troupe of fine friends and via the wonders of the internet. However, you will find that I am rather quick to deny any expertise (both real and imagined!) on the art. To put it bluntly my new, cookie-hurling friend - I am not finished learning yet. Not by any degree.

I struggle to settle upon a singular favored genre, though fantasy is near and dear to my heart. Still, my interests wander far and wide, weaving in and out of science fiction, urban fantasy, post apocalyptica and even horror. If there is a good tale to be told, the genre becomes secondary, in my humble opinion.

I do hope this answers at least some of your questions, my friend. Please do not hesitate to ask further of me, if you will. All I ask is you forgive my rudeness if my mouth happens to be full of macaroons, and I am temporarily unable to answer as forthrightly as I might.

Sally forth, my good man!
Emberleaf Topic Starter

TheLily wrote:
What a beautiful introduction! I have a feeling you'll fit right in here. I would like to believe that all of us are story tellers here!

Welcome. If you ever need anything, let me know. I'm always happy to get to know new people!

Are you new to roleplaying all together, or is this old hat to you? What sort of things are you looking forward to ?

Wonderful! Excellent! So happy to make your acquaintance, my dear lady! As I have said, I am no stranger to this 'roleplaying', but I am most looking forward to making new friends here and telling new tales. This is an auspicious day, you understand. It is not every day that one finds a warm fire, a cup of tea, flying macaroons and new friends all at once! I am quite beside myself!

I look forward to sharing a tale or two and hearing yours, as well! Cheers!
Welcome to RPR. You write beautifully! The people here are fantastic, warm, funny, and all around very lovely. I've only been here since October, but I have already made many new friends and started wonderful plays. I really hope you will love it here as much as I do.

:3
Emberleaf Topic Starter

Highjinx wrote:
Welcome to RPR. You write beautifully! The people here are fantastic, warm, funny, and all around very lovely. I've only been here since October, but I have already made many new friends and started wonderful plays. I really hope you will love it here as much as I do.

:3

Thank you, my new friend! I am anxious to dive into the telling of tales, however present circumstances (the ugly dragon of 'real life', you understand) prevent me from giving the endeavor the attention it deserves. This present chaos will not hold me back for long, though. I promise you!

I just need the right tale....perhaps you could advise me, my friend - how does one 'join' a tale in the offing? Is an invitation required?
Witness

Salutations, Emberleaf, and welcome to RPR; I do hope you'll stay a while, the community here is filled with charming and clever people, not to mention more than a few very capable writers. With the flowing, elegant diction you've shown in only a few posts, I'm sure you'll fit right in around here, we're all very friendly and love talking with someone new.

I've only a few months of experience around here, but while I can't offer you magical cookies, I can humbly present my array of miscreants, misfits, and maleficence as possible RP partners and my meager knowledge of the site and its workings to help get you settled in. F'rinstance, your question about joining RPs already in progress can usually be identified by the tag associated with them here on the forums; if it says "Open" then you're free to jump in at your leisure, if it says "Closed" then you typically have to have an invitation from someone in the RP already. "1x1" means that the RP is strictly between two players and not intended for anyone else to join. Of course, not all RPs are tagged as such, so when in doubt, a PM to someone in the RP is usually a good way to find out if it's by invitation only.

I hope to see more of you around here, as it's always a pleasure reading eloquent and well-mannered posts, and I look forward to seeing what sorts of characters you play as.
Hey, hey! Welcome to our cozy little corner of the internet. I'm Oaky, resident tree/stalker/welcomer.

I think you yourself would be a fun character to RP with, seeing as you are indeed quite a character. ;) (I mean this in the best possible way.) As a welcome gift, I present you with this Acorn Blaster. It fires out joyful, happy acorns that bounce around before exploding and turning into candy.

In all seriousness, feel free to ask me for an RP and I'll happily oblige. Also, to get you kicked off, in case you haven't already checked these out, here's the the getting started guide, and FAQ. :)

So glad you could join us, and I look forward to telling a story with you soon!

~Oaky
Emberleaf wrote:
Thank you, my new friend! I am anxious to dive into the telling of tales, however present circumstances (the ugly dragon of 'real life', you understand) prevent me from giving the endeavor the attention it deserves. This present chaos will not hold me back for long, though. I promise you!

I just need the right tale....perhaps you could advise me, my friend - how does one 'join' a tale in the offing? Is an invitation required?

Oh, I definitely understand. Currently, my real life consists of working for the two days of finals I have left for University. I then get a brief reprieve for a few days before having to get in a tin can and fly 12 1/2 hours to the States for Christmas on the 10th.

Witness has pretty much summed it up, make sure that you look over any character/player style charts. They are not uniform, everyone has the ability to add what they like. I would just say, when in doubt, ask. Players are almost always happy to answer questions :)
Awesome introduction! I hope you enjoy your stay here! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, as you can see we're all pretty friendly around these parts! <3

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Well, now I've done it....

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus