Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Widget for Active Rps

I know that Rps that we subscribe to always come up in our feeds, but frankly sometimes I have too many that get buried and forgotten with all the other stuff I am currently watching etc. So I got to thinking. How awesome would it be to have a widget on the side of your home page for all the Rps you are currently in? Then when the Rp is done or if you're not longer playing, you can x it out.

I don't know how possible this idea is, but I think it would be a good one. :)
Kim Site Admin

Actually something I've been trying to work out a good system for for ages! It's an excellent idea.
f0x1nth3b0x Topic Starter

\o/ HOORAY! For now I have a sticky note on my phone for games I am currently in... That I have to keep editing because I forgot some... Adding them to a widget on here would be so much more simple XD
Kim Site Admin

My current sense is that it would need to be some kind of "board" onto which any topic on an IC board that you both posted in & were subscribed to was automatically placed on. I am a little worried that, much like subscriptions, it would become cluttered with inactive RPs very quickly. You could, of course, remove things that you didn't want anymore, though. I'm just wracking my brains to try and keep it as simple and labor-free as possible, to help people stay focused on RP.

Ideally, I'd want it to be smart enough to tell you when it's your turn, which would actually be doable when it comes to 1:1 RPs. It would be pretty clueless about groups of any size, however. Perhaps it would just go bold when you were no longer the last person to post in that thread, so you could keep abreast of what was happening regardless.
Kim, that sounds awesome. If you can have it tell us when it is our turn... I would be the happiest person ever.

I'm not so concerned with it telling me when to post, so much as where the topic is XD. I'm thinking that it might look something like the "Recent Forum Topics" on the side of a group.

Untitled.png

But instead of Recent topics it's Active Rps, you know? The layout could be exactly the same with the name of the topic and who posted last in it. And there can be an x button to the side of them where we can remove anything we're done with or no longer want and the games move to the top when posted in.

Also I would like to suggest Search bars inside of groups for the same convenience.
I have the sudden image of Pieces of Flair Boards...except it'd be RPs of Excellence Boards...I blame you Kim. :)
Kim Site Admin

f0x1nth3b0x wrote:
Also I would like to suggest Search bars inside of groups for the same convenience.

This is actually already under production. I yearn for their release!

Excellence! :D

I had an idea for how the Widget might tell you whose turn it is next. Maybe we should do a sort of "Tag In" system where while you are replying, you 'tag in' the person who is next. So say I am playing with Rubix and Kuroi, there could be a small line or box at the bottom of my reply post that lets me 'tag' who is next by either typing their name or checking a box.

Just a thought :)

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Widget for Active Rps

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus