Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Sex in RP: Your Thoughts

Zhi wrote:
Sex rp can be fun, but too much of it just gets dull, boring and repetitive. Typically if its the first time the characters have ever had sex, Im fine with rping it out. If they are a couple? Maybe once in a while if its for a significant reason. Other than that I prefer to just be like "We can assume they shagged and then went to sleep" Its not a big deal for me to rp sex, which is why Im fine with it being just a fade to black, its just not that much of a huge thrill, unless there is something important tied into the storyline. I have much more fun with sexual tension between characters.. and it ending up not leading to sex.

I have a friend where we do that, only we roleplay the pre-sex and then say "they shagged and went to sleep."
Their foreplay is intence. The wresel, fight and battle for dominance for that particular... session.
... okay, so, I've been thinking this topic over since I've gotten the urge to play one of my older characters-- a brothel-working half-succubus. I don't really mind sex in rps, as long as it's not the sole focus of a whole series of rps; I like my plot, after all. Sex is just one of those things that happens-- especially with a character like the one I just described.

On the other hand, it does indeed get dull & monotonous when it happens all the time. And ontop of that, rping sex makes me really uncomfortable. It's not because I'm a prude. Far from it-- it's because I'm a virgin and worry that my RP partner will be more experienced in these matters than me and will get pissed that I don't fully know what I'm doing. I'm not playing from experience. Er, anyway, I usually prefer fade-to-black unless I somehow get the courage to go further, as it were.
I have DONE a sex RP before. It was very interesting, actually. Honestly, it's strange how quickly and easily responses come. ...I think that was one of the only RPs I've ever ended up finishing, actually. >_>

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Sex in RP: Your Thoughts

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus