Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Leave comments on main profile

EdtheNeko

Can we please have a comment section on each of our main profiles? So we can send simple messages without using pms? Also give us the power to delete a few comments we dont want on our profiles? Besides pm and kudos theres no real way to talk to each other much.

Think on it?
Kim Site Admin

This has been discussed before, but it's not considered a priority. Forums, kudos and PMs are all ways to talk to one another on the site, and adding another system seems more redundant/clutter than useful. With all the other features that need my attention, I can't do this right now. :)
EdtheNeko Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
This has been discussed before, but it's not considered a priority. Forums, kudos and PMs are all ways to talk to one another on the site, and adding another system seems more redundant/clutter than useful. With all the other features that need my attention, I can't do this right now. :)

Kudos is to say nice things on the player, not really for conversation.

Pms is one way but a comment box still would be nice, understandable something as small as a comment box is way off the radar but had to bring it up anyway :p
Sanne Moderator

There's also always the Just Talkin' thread, and you can turn any forum topic into a chatbox to talk to each other. (Just make sure you're in the appropriate board!)
Maybe a guestbook? like the one on character profiles?
Sanne Moderator

Olthain wrote:
Maybe a guestbook? like the one on character profiles?

I think if we allow a guestbook on the profile people won't be as quick anymore to give kudos. It's also another place for us to moderate in case mature content is posted (which is common on character profiles!) because it's be visible to everyone, and people are easily silly and use strong language in guestbooks.

Personally, I don't feel guestbooks would contribute anything. I know I don't want one on my profile. :P Kudos are much more thoughtful and appealing in my eyes because they tell not just you, but also the community why someone thinks you're awesome and someone to RP with! A silly comment is just as easily sent through PM, and you can chat to your heart's content on the forums. :)
Kim Site Admin

I thought we were talking about guestbooks on player profiles. XD
EdtheNeko Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
I thought we were talking about guestbooks on player profiles. XD
I thought we were just talking about a comment section on profiles o.o but a guestbook can be made into one if it was renames and allowed on users profiles
Kim Site Admin

I guess I don't see a difference beyond what we're calling it. Both let you leave comments on a profile.
I agree, as much as I would love a guestbook it would lead to more spam and work for the moderators.
The site is meant for roleplay, and if people want to socialize there is a forum or pms. :)

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Leave comments on main profile

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus