Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Icon Convention

Anyone live around this convention? Anyone Going? I-Con!

Evilduckie227 and myself will have an artists table there and the Duckie will be hosting a photoshop panel on Sunday!
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I've heard good things about that convention :)

Good luck with the table and to Duckie with the panel :D
f0x1nth3b0x Topic Starter

Yea, I'm hoping! This is only the second convention we are selling at and I'm kind of scared lol
I wish I could. :(

But I'm not in New York, and money is tight :(

Have fun though! :D

I will :D I will also be going to Otakon and selling there late July.
Kim Site Admin

Oh, awesome. I love conventions. I have been meaning to start a thread about them for ages!

I'm not going to that particular one, though. Maybe sometime in the future... It'd be awesome to get an RPR vendor's table. ;) (But what would I selllll!)

You could hold a raffle at a convention! People could come see what we're about and you can have them leave their names for a raffle for epic memberships :3 and sell bookmarks and stuff.... It would be fun XD
Kim Site Admin

Interesting ideas!

I will ponder this deeply.

Let me know how your vending experience goes, pretty please. Will this be your first table?

It will be my second table. Evilduckie and myself did our first table in Vermont at a tiny little convention called Bakuretsucon. We did the art for the convention and got the table as a bonus, but it was soooo small we didn't sell much of anything. We sold a decent amount of bookmarks and stickers, but I only sold one print :(
Kim Site Admin

From what I hear from other artists, bookmarks and stickers go like hot cakes, and it's much harder to move prints. So that sounds pretty consistent.

Where did you get your stickers printed?

We made them ourselves, actually. Bought the sticker paper and printed them at home. Same with the bookmarks; they're not rectangular but actually forms... Like longcat.. So they were printed at home and laminated.
Kim Site Admin

Oh, so you cut out the stickers individually? Did you get a sense of your cost per sticker? What was your price point?

Sorry if I'm being nosy, I've always been very very interested in the ways other artists run the business part of their empires.

LOL Well, we had some different sizes. Stickers were generally $1, 2 for $1 if they were smaller. Bookmarks were doublesided (they had a face and a butt) and they were $2. Prints, depending on size were $5 or $10. Then we did sketch commissions $5 or $10 depending. :3

Here are some of the stickers:
Stickers 1
Stickers 2
Bookmarks 1
Bookmarks 2

And these I threw in for fun:
Inbred Dinosaurs

I did a couple new ones, Star Wars and Star Trek based for this con as well as a handful of buttons.

I am proud of my d20
Kim Site Admin

Oooooh, the bookmarks are especially adorable! Must have been a huuuge pain to cut them all out, though, especially if both sides had to match.

Ask Evilduckie. They were her undertaking XD
lol I actually really like doing craft projects like these. So, it didn't bother me in the least. XD It relaxes me.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Icon Convention

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus