Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » On the Wings of Freedom: 1x1

Erasai Hawke (played by kuroi_neko) Topic Starter

Erasai scoffed at his words. The last thing that she wanted to do was go back to where she came from. Though she found it somewhat amusing that he mentioned that it might be heaven. If she wasn't so keen on getting away, she might ruse the man a bit, just to get a chuckle. But as she turned to glance over her shoulder, she caught sight of Alexis, just barely. And she was even more surprised when she jumped at her. "Come to finish what you started, huh?" Erasai said, as she tried to pushed the girl off of her. "Haven't you done enough?! Just leave me alone!"

Wolfe stepped out from his hiding spot, running up to the others as he held his gun out. "Stay there. Don't move. I'm here for the experiment. Resist and I will shoot." As far as he knew, the others were unarmed, but he was ready just in case. And he definitely wasn't letting the experiment get away.

"Couldn't come by yourself, could you?" Erasai hissed at Alexis.
The idea of finishing what she started amused her, somewhat. Erasai clearly didn't understand the situation at hand: Alexis had no one, she was working under a new motive, and as much as she wanted to just get this job done with, there were complications that kept her from just finishing it. "Erasai, I'd love to but I can't let you go," she said as she wrestled the girl for submission. This all stopped however when another man came in. Who she was, she didn't know but apparently they were followed and the situation was a lot more dire with the inclusion of the stranger. He was another mercenary. If he found her surely others will know as well.

"He's not with me," Alexis said, resting a knee on Erasai's back but pulling her hands off the girl and raising her hands for the stranger.

"Go ahead, shoot her," Zuzu said, appearing behind the stranger and pressing the muzzle on the back of his head. "Her life don't matter so much to me but right now I'm lookin for a reason to just shoot you, care to give me one?"

"What the hell is going on?!" Erasai yelled, now confused by all the gun pointing. "How about we don't shoot anyone?! Jesus Christ, give me a break." She struggled against Alexis again, but found it to be no use. She was in an awkward position, so there would be no way to fight against her.

Wolfe on the other hand, wasn't phased by the action of Zuzu. "I have a full team heading this way, and they should be here in less than five minutes. That's not nearly enough time for any of you to get away. And if you value your life... you won't kill me. Because if they see my dead body, and you holding the only gun here, they won't hesistate to kill you. So I would just put your gun down."

He didn't change his stance one bit. It was obvious he wasn't afraid. In truth, he had had many guns pointed at his head before... and yet he was still here.
Zuzu put a hand over his mouth, stifling the urge to laugh.

"Sir," he said before pushing on the man's head with the muzzle, "that's a perfect reason to shoot you. Say your prayers, bitch!"

"Zuzu! No!" Alexis cried upon hearing the soft click if the trigger about to be pulled.

"What is it now, woman? We're going to be captured anyway. Might as well put this poor SOB out of his misery."

"We could get out of this alive. I'd rather have that than die out here in the forest. Erasai's right. How about we not shoot each other and come out of this peacefully?"

"Man. I'm tired of your lip. This man right here'd be dead by now if you just let me... You know what?" Zuzu suddenly turned the gun to Alexis and pulled the trigger, "If I can't do shit my way, might as well stop what's holding me back."

There was an initial sting on Alexis' chest and when she clutched the wound, she found the feathered ends of a tranquilizer dart poking out of her ribcage. That's right, she thought to herself as it suddenly became harder to keep her balance, Zuzu mentioned tranquilizer rounds before they arrived at the lake. Her limp body fell on top of Erasai, drawing one last deep breath before falling into a deep sleep. Zuzu took the opportunity and drew a revolver from his coat with his free hand, replacing it back on the stranger's head.

"Now, where were we? Like I said, she don't matter to me. Zuzu does things his way and if his way is to blow some mother fucker's head off, hell, no skin off my bones," he cocked the revolver, "Now, before I pull the trigger, is there anyways you could convince me to let you live? I don't know, redirect your so-called reinforcements? If not, that's fine. Zuzu got his running shoes on. As for you... Erasee, was it? I believe it'd be your best interest to come with me. Your girl friend Alexis over there was hired by me to help find and protect you. Your choice. Though I'll have you know you I can't run as fast carrying your weight if you choose otherwise."

(sorry if this puts you in a hard situation. i just wanted a reason for zuzu to shoot alexis and it played out to this)

(>.> Gotta think about this )

Erasai heard someone pull the trigger of their gun, and not but few seconds after that, she felt Alexis' dead wieght on top of her. She held her breath, not quite believing what was going on. Sure Alexis had been high on her hated list at the moment, but she had once been her friend.

"Alexis..." she said, pushing the girl off of her, trying to hold back tears. The feeling of panic, and anger triggered her abilities. She stood up slowly, slightly glowing and very faint wings glowing behind her. It was obvious though, that she hadn't recovered from the last time she had exerted her powers. She looked down to Alexis, seeing no wound, but rather a tranquilizer sticking into her chest. She bent down, and pulled it out, listening partly to the man's words.

With no one left to point his gun at, Wolfe let his hand drop to his side. "Shit," he said quietly. He had been prepared to talk his way out of this, but this man seemed to think otherwise. "Fine, fine." Wolfe said, raising his hands in front of his as he dropped his gun. He wasn't about to lose his life over a bluff. As far as anyone on his team had to know... this was a false lead. Nothing here had happened. "I'll just close my eyes and you can walk off. No following."

Erasai still watched the both of them. "I'm not going with either of you. So don't make me use my powers just to fend you off. I don't want to hurt anyone more than I have to." A bluff, completely. She was already nearly drained again. But if things went well, or should it be said, better, then she wouldn't need to hold this charade for long.
"Oh no no no, now hey wait a minute," Zuzu said turning his attention to Erasai, "I'm here to keep you safe. As far as I know, we're your best bet in getting out of this situation safely, ain't that right Alexis?"

Of course Alexis didn't answer. When Erasai moved her body it did little in stirring from her sleep.

"Hm, well, you can ask her when she wakes up. But really, c'mon now. I don't want to hurt you so please, miss angel, ma'am, you best calm your heavenly powers, or what have you, down," Zuzu gave a nervous laugh, lowering his gun from the stranger as he tried to calm the girl down. He was very well aware of the damage Erasai had caused to the apartment and the street and he didn't want to experience it first hand. "What I said back there? It was all true. These people hired me to help you. 'Bring her to us', they said. They said it was forseen in... in some ancient prophecy or whatever. I ain't no religious man but you're sure proving me wrong on my beliefs. Come along with me, alright?"

(You can do whatever to my characters at this point. follow zuzu, have wolfe do something, run away, heck you can take Alexis with you if you want. if it's the latter i might have zuzu appear every now and then in the story. maybe eventually even meet the fanatics he was talking about. though i still need to think up of the kinds of characters they'll be)

With Zuzu's attention at Erasai, Wolfe immediately raised his arm and wrapped it around Zuzu's arm that was holding the gun, raising his free hand to knock the gun out of his hand and far from his reach. Wolfe knew an opportunity when he saw it. He then twisted his way around the man to put him in a solid arm lock. "There, now you can calm down, you maniac." He looked to Erasai and nodded his head to her. "Get out of here."

Erasai was surprised. She looked over to Alexis, hoping that she would be okay. "Take care of her," she said, taking a few steps back.

"Just because I'm letting you go now, don't think I won't find you again. I did it once before." He wasn't at all worried about letting the experiment go. He had the other girl to take back, and that would suffice for now. There was no way he would be able to bring in the experiment anyway, not with the nutcase he was holding.

Erasai hesitated at his words, but then turned and fled into the darkness, not slowing down, and not planning on doing so for a while.
"Aw hey no-" Zuzu found himself in an arm lock and quickly tried to react by firing the tranq gun in his other hand wildly behind his head. The sound of the gunshots by his ear made him go temporarily deaf. After three shots, the gun clicked empty. He gave up, throwing the gun aside with a sigh.

"What- No wait a minute! Hey! Angel! Emily! Aw no what the hell, man?" Zuzu cried out, reaching out towards the girl as she fled into the darkness.

Now Zuzu was stuck in an awkward position, unsure of whether to try to wrench his way free or simply accept what's going to happen. Of course wrenching his arm free would mean strong discomfort in dislocating his arm. If only the girl didn't make him shoot her, he'd be out of this bind. Give her about an hour and she'd start waking up though it'd take a few hours for her body to completely filter out the toxin.

Perhaps half a minute passed before Zuzu spoke, seeing as he wasn't goign to be getting out of the bind anytime soon. "So, uh. You goin to let me go anytime soon or we going to stand here all night?"

"I've been trained to hold this for a long as needed," Wolfe said, nonchalantly. "Are you going to calm yourself, and not shoot anyone?" But after a moment, he let Zuzu go. "If I were you," he said, kicking the guns farther away from the maniac, "I'd get out of here, before I decide I do want to take you in with me. My friends probably won't like you as much."

He pulled the gun he had placed in his boot out and held it, so Zuzu wouldn't get any ideas as he made his way over to Alexis. He checked her pulse, making sure she hadn't died from overdose. He wasn't quite convince this guy knew the correct dosage for a tranquilzer. But she seemed well enough, just unconcious.
Zuzu shook his arm as he was let go then straightened his leather coat. "I'm calm, I'm calm. Chill, alright?" he said, rolling his shoulder out of discomfort. "Yeah well tell your friends they can shove it. Zuzu's may be in a bind but I got friends, too."

Wolfe was checking the girl's pulse, an action he found unnecessary. "The tranq won't kill her man. Use these things all the time. Unloaded all four shots into a big muscly man to bring him down once and that put him out for two days straight before I had to put a bullet in his head. Punk was trying to eat my sandwich." He stood at the girl's lower area and kicked her leg. "Yeah, she's out though. Little women like her usually come to their full senses around three hours. It'll be a bitch dragging her out of here though. At least she ain't fat."

Zuzu reached into his coat and pulled out a cigarrette. Lighting it with a match and dropping it on the ground. It caught fire to some dry leaves but he quickly stomped it out with a soft laugh acknowledging his mistake. "I still owe her a favor though. Zuzu always follows his favors so get your hands off her. I'll drag her back to the car if I could... just find where we came from."

This guy was really starting to get on Wolfe's nerves. He clentched his teeth, resisting the urge to knock the guy senseless as he spoke. He just really wanted to get out of this place, with the girl, and go back to his group. Then he could take a good rest hopefully, before he was sent out again. But his eyes narrowed as Zuzu mentioned the favor.

"I don't think so. You heard what the experiment said. She wanted me to take her friend back. And that is exactly what I intend to do. So why aren't you gone yet?" he said as he lugged Alexis over his shoulder, giving a small grunt as he did.
Zuzu tapped his cigarette, taking a long drag before flicking it off into the bushes. Honestly, some people he just couldn't understand. "Fine by me. I ain't got a problem with it but don't think you've seen the last of me. So long a Elizabeth or whatever her name is is out there somewhere, I'll have a contract to fulfill with them religious folk. Now if you excuse me."

He tipped his hat and disappeared into the darkness, mumbling on about the stranger taking orders from the angel.

As for Alexis, she was fast asleep. She didn't dream. The drug numbed her mind to such a degree that it couldn't complete an abstract thought.

(( Double posted ))

Wolfe watched the man go, not really caring much on his threat of returning. When Zuzu had turned, mumbling, the mercenary managed to send an obscene hand gesture after him. "Taking orders, my ass..."

He eventually made his way back toward his vehicle, still muttering, but about random things now. It was nice to rant to himself every now and then, to help relieve some of the stress from this job.

He slipped Alexis into the passenger seat, making sure to buckle her up. Not as much for safety as for the fact he didn't want her flopping around when he was driving down the unpaved mountain road. He then grabbed his radio, turning it on again to immediately hear "WOLFE! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!"

"I'm here, calm down. I got distracted by Target Beta. I managed to obtain her, so I'm bringing her in," Wolfe replied, mouthing a few vulgar words to himself after that. He wasn't about to tell his leader he had seen the experiment but hadn't managed to capture her.

"Well, hurry up then," was all the voice on the other side said, before silence occured.

"What, no 'good job'? 'Way to go'?" Wolfe mumbled to himself as he started up the vehicle and headed back to his team's base. It was about an hour drive there; to a small little warehouse, seemingly abandoned. Except for one window with light escaping from it. Wolfe reversed the process of handling Alexis, unbuckling her, and once again hoisting her over his shoulder. Three light taps on the door and it quickly opened. Alexis was immediately taken from him and sat in a chair.

"Is it really necessary to tie her hands? She doesn't have any weapons on her. I took them all," Wolfe said, scratching the back of his head as they wrapped rope around her hands and feet. "And that's not going to be a comfortable way to wake up."

"Shut up, Wolfe. It's not like she's your friend. We just need information from her and then she's done," said a man, slightly older than him. Wolfe sighed.

"Fine, fine..." he replied, loving the lack of gratitude he got for all the work he did.

((Just realized that both my characters in here have names that are animals with an 'e' at the end. HA! I didn't intentionally do that :x))
'Is it really necessary...?' her fingers twitched at the sensation of her hands being tied together caused her to stir. 'Shut up Wolfe...' she listened but didn't quite understand who this Wolfe person was. Alexis drew in a deep breath as she tried to find the will to turn her head up towards the light. Her muscles were still too relaxed, her mind still under effect of the drug to really react to what was going on. The men might have not noticed her move since they were still in the process of tying her to the chair and she let her head hang as she tried to remember what was going on.

First thing that came to her mind was a sedated memory of a violent explosion with the departure of a bright light that she couldn't quite recognize in her state. Then another figure appeared in her memory, offering her something that she couldn't quite understand. Alexis' mind continued to work on these consecutive scenes in her memory, ending in what looked like a final standoff, her pinning someone on the ground while staring up at the bad end of a gun. The gunshot that followed the scene was followed by a revelation as, in her memory, she uttered a name: Erasai.

She spoke the name but it came out in a mumbled mess of incoherencies as her head finally followed her will to move. Alexis raised her head, searching for the girl. She had to hold her down, keep the experiment from escaping. But she couldn't move her hands. "Wha..." Alexis shook her head and looked around again, unsure of what exactly was going on.

The man, who seemed to be the leader of the group, looked to Alexis with a grin. "Ah, awake I see." He walked around her for a moment, and Wolfe watched him with somewhat of a distaste. He didn't like the fact that his commander was acting like he had done all the work.

"You, girl. You were close to the experiment for a while, weren't you?" he said, getting close to her face now. "Where is she? Did you help her escape? What group do you belong to?" It was obvious that Alexis still wasn't fully aware of anything, and actually giving coherent answers. "Damn it, you better answer me!" The commander raised his hand ready to strike but found that someone was stopping him.

"Are you an idiot? She's recovering from a tranq. She doesn't understand what you are saying, so I doubt she will answer you," Wolfe said, gripping his commander's wrist. "Beat her now and we won't get anything out of her."

"How dare you -- I'm your Commander!"

"And I'm being your voice of reason right now. Jesus, have some common sense."

Wolfe let go of his wrist and took a step back. The man didn't seem at all please with him. "Then you can stay here until she recovers fully. You will NOT leave until she does. I don't care how long it's been since you've eaten, slept, or pissed. You aren't leaving."

"Fine, fine," Wolfe said, watching as the rest of the people were ordered to leave. He sighed, rubbing the back of his head and pulled up a chair, sitting in front of Alexis.

"Hope you make this fast... I do need to piss."
Alexis had fallen asleep again but the voices around her continued going on and on until the noise finally died down. It gave her time to think. Not about the events that was going on but what she was doing at that moment.

Half an hour. It took half an hour of Alexis dozing and coming back to her senses to finally be able to make sense of what was going on. She stared at the hem of her skirt thinking, blinking, breathing. It wasn't until this all became natural that she finally looked up at Wolfe.

"Why am I here?" she asked, swaying over to one side, "What did you do with Erasai?" She hoped they didn't have her. It would've been twice that she failed to capture the experiment.

"You are just here for questioning. Nothing else. We know you were close to the Experiment for a little while, so you are our closest link to her," Wolfe said. He had his eyes closed, having done so while waiting for Alexis to come to. And it seemed he didn't have any intention of opening them to talk to her.

"And don't worry, I didn't capture her. I doubt I could have, with that idiot there. He wanted to take you with him, you know. And who knows what he would have done then." He let out a steady breath, before placing his hands behind his head and resting there. "Whenever you are ready, I'll get the commander for questioning. Doesn't matter to me though, I don't mind the rest."

He wasn't going to mention the fact that he had relieved himself into a bottle while she was sleeping. That was completely unimportant. But he did feel better.
"Well, what happens when you're done questioning me?" she was well aware of the usefulness of victims after they've been interrogated and witnessed, first hand, the end of many rival mercenaries after they've been milked for all they're worth. She was surprised they even let her live this long in the first place. "And how am I the closest link to her? She has other friends... Erasai probably hates my guts by now for putting this all on her."

The mention of Zuzu wanting to take her with him was surprising as well. She pictured him more as a swindler and in fact expected him to shoot her in the back the moment everything was taken care of.

"Don't know," Wolfe said truthfully. "I've never been present while an interrogation was going on. Only heard experiences from others. Some they let go, while others they... well, I think we both know the second option." He watched her carefully, turning quiet for a moment. He, himself, wasn't fond of killing people after extracting information from him, but of course, he wasn't allowed to voice such an opinion.

"But we want to question you, because you are the only person to have interacted with her outside of school. Not once, has she attempted friendship in life outside school life. Or as far as we know, that's true."

Erasai, by now, had come to a stop just outside a city, a bit smaller than the one she came from. The sun was rising by now, and she found that this might be the best spot to rest. She wasn't quite ready to face civilization just yet, seeing as people would most likely still be looking for her, and this city would be a prime spot to look.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » On the Wings of Freedom: 1x1

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus