Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » On the Wings of Freedom: 1x1

Erasai Hawke (played by kuroi_neko)

The day was sunny and warm, with a breeze to make the day just right. The main streets of the city were busy, as the work week was coming to an end and people were making their way home or heading out with friends and family.

Near the suburb of the city, a large and elegant school stood as the pride of the area. An all-girls school, for those of wealth and intellegence. Its bell rang, echoing throughout the courtyard, signaling the end of the school day. It wasn't long before its students began pouring out into the courtyard, ready to go home or to return to their dorms. A group of girls made their way for the sidewalk, laughing amongst themselves and deciding what they were going to do that evening.

In the middle of them, a girl with vivid orange hair began throwing out suggestions. Others nodded or disagreed, until they decided to meet up later to decide.

"See you later, Erasai!" called a couple of the girls as the orange haired girl parted ways. She smiled and gave a quick wave before making her way down the sidewalk. It was the path she always took to her home, usually stopping by the cafe on the way, but not today. She had a lot of homework to finish.
(Just a question, is magic allowed? Cus your character has light powers or something right? And it's in the future i believe, correct? Well either way here's the post)

School was over. For the young woman, she was glad that it was over. High school was just as she had always known it to be: boring and filled with hormone-intoxicated teens. Well, in this one it had strictly female hormone-intoxicated teens. She was new to the school and was under the name Alexis: a blonde-haired, grey-eyed, eighteen-year-old senior transferring from out of the country.

Because of her recent transfer, she had to start from scratch and meet new people as well as understanding the layout to the city she lived in. It would have helped that she at least kept track of which way she came from when she arrived at the school as she was now utterly lost. She could have taken a bus but she had forgotten the street she lived in.

After crossing several streets and walking deeper into the suburban jungle, she finally gave in to asking for help. A group of girls with the same uniform as her had parted and she decided to ask the one walking alone for help. "Excuse me," she said with the slight hint of a German accent carrying in her voice, "I've lost my way and I can't seem to find my apartment. Do you know where I can find... uh... SunnyHill village?" She took note of the person she was talking to: bright orange hair was the first thing she noticed and she couldn't help but wonder if that was dyed that way or whether it was natural.
Erasai Hawke (played by kuroi_neko) Topic Starter

Erasai turned when she heard someone speaking to her. It only took her a moment to realize it was the new transfer student that had been introduced in her study hall; the only interesting thing that had happened at school this week. She looked at the girl for a long moment, before giving her a brief smile.

"Actually, I do," she said, recalling seeing a sign for the place not far from her own home. It was a little out of the way, but she didn't mind showing the girl where to go. "It's easy for me to show you, rather than just give directions," she continued, "I hope you don't mind if I tag along to help you get there."

She threw her school bag over her shoulder, and continued down the road, heading in the direction of the apartments. "Your name is... Alexis, correct? I'm Erasai. Sorry we didn't get proper introductions in class."
(i just thought of a decent plot. hopefully i'll be able to set it off. So yes on magic and future or no?)

As the stranger introduced herself, her cellphone began to ring. She pulled it out of her bag and set it to vibrate before tossing it back. It was far too early to deal with them. They probably were assuming she was home by now but that was far from the case.

The young woman nodded. "Thank you for your time. I'm not too familiar with big cities. And yes, I'm the new transfer student. It's a bit difficult settling down alone," she said, following Erasai as they walked down the street. At least she was going the right general direction.

There came the soft buzzing noise from her phone in her bag. The third time actually, since she last looked at the phone. Still, Alexis persisted to ignore it as actually getting home was on the top of her to-do list. They continued on in silence for a while and the obligation to start a conversation eventually grew too much for the young woman. "It's my first time attending an all-girl's school. And one's that require a uniform, as well," she said, tugging down on the skirt that insisted to continue riding up, "doesn't it get a bit dull not having boys around?"

((Sorry, ya! That's fine xD ))

Erasai looked to Alexis as she spoke, becoming a bit more curious. "Not for me," she said, smiling. "Other girls complain about it a lot, but I'm not really into finding boys at the moment. I have bigger things in my life I've got to straighten out. Boys would only complicate things." She gave a little laugh, before turning to face Alexis while walking backward.

"So you live alone? No parents or anything?"

'What a curious thing...' she thought, looking up toward the sky now. She herself lived by herself, but for very complicated reasons. She wondered what circumstances would have Alexis living on her own as well.
Alexis shook her head before putting a finger on her chin in thought, "I'm alone. I'm part of a, um... how do you say... senior program. To give me a head start with life on my own before I start college. I'm only here for the year then it's back to Europe, for me." Again her phone buzzed and she reached into her bag, feeling for the button to turn all the alerts off. "That's my parents now, actually. I should've been home almost half an hour ago but, well, you understand the circumstances."

She gave a sigh as the phone finally stopped. Looking around she found herself in recognizable grounds with the peach-colored two-story apartment complex nearby. "Here we are. Thank you, again... Erasai was it? Pretty name. Sorry again for troubling you. If you need anything, anything at all I'm in your debt."

As she said this, she finally fished out her phone to check her missed calls and messages. After scrolling through the holographic messages she gave one quick glance at Erasai. "One more thing, though. I figure now would be a good time to start: since you're my first real acquaintance out of the country I'd like to capture this moment. Just a quick picture of you and I?" As she spoke, she pressed a button on her phone and holographic digital camera arose, turning towards Erasai. The thought of standing in front of a camera peeved, Alexis a bit but it was something that she had to do. "I'm sorry. My parents are really pushing me to be more social with others so to get them to stop I need a bit of proof that I'm not completely alone out here. Last you'll ever see of me after. Don't worry."

Erasai hesitated, not wanting at all to take a photo. She looked at Alexis a bit, before looking down each side of the street, as if expecting to see someone there. Then back to the device she was holding. "I guess that it's alright. Though I'm hardly ready for a picture," she said, raising her hand to her hair, and brushing it out.

"We can always hang out at school," she added, giving Alexis another smile. "My friends are very nice, and I think you will fit in well with them." She moved slowly toward Alexis to take a picture with her, her smile becoming more and more forced. She hated cameras, always feeling like someone would find her out if they saw a picture of her. Stuff like that always traveled fast.
It was perhaps one of the most awkward photos she had ever taken, being forced to stand close to a stranger and force a smile. The holographic camera flashed and spun around to show the two their photo. It was probably the stiffest picture she had ever taken, two people standing close to each other and her standing with her hands tight to her own sides. "Thank you. You look good, don't worry," she said, wanting to delete the picture. She pushed a button and the holographic camera turned into an envelope which was whisked away by a digital gust of wind.

After the picture was taken she turned her attention back to Erasai and gave her offer some thought. It wasn't that she didn't like the girl it was that she wasn't the type that liked partaking in large social groups. Especially high-schoolers. "We'll see," she said, brushing the bangs off her eye, "If we run into each other again, then I suppose I'll meet them. Now, if you excuse me, I have some important business to attend to. Good bye." She waved at Erasai and then crossed the street back to her apartment complex.

Erasai gave a quick wave back as the girl walked away. She could tell that Alexis wasn't the social type, by how she reacted when Erasai suggested hanging out with her friends. She didn't blame her though. She was very much like that when she first came here. She wanted to be anything but the center of attention. But now, she didn't mind it so much with her friends.

She turned, continuing down the sidewalk, humming lightly to herself. About a half mile from Alexis' apartments, were her own, nestled between a large pond meant for the apartment landscape, and a cute little park, which children and parents mostly visited.

Soon she came upon the brick and wood apartments called Golden Pond. Her feet were starting to ache, having walked more than she usually did. She found it funny how out of shape she had gotten since her training. She made her way up three flights of stairs, stopping on the fourth floor and moving to unlock her door.

Science, Trig, History, she thought to herself as she entered the apartment, trying to remember all of the homework she needed to do.
She stepped into her dark apartment and shut the door behind her. She leaned against the door with a sigh, glad to finally be back. Finally alone, the young woman fished out her phone and set it on the stand next to the door as she hit the callback button.

"Alex?" it was the voice of a man much older than her, "how was orientation? Were they nice to you?" "Shut it, Cecil," she said as the hologram of a man wearing a well-adorned military uniform appeared, "I mean... sir." She kicked off her shoes and disappeared into the kitchen to get something to eat. "That's no way to treat your commanding officer. I gave you the opportunity to relive high school life. Not a lot of people get to do what you do." "Ja, but most of those people that do are high school drop-outs. I graduated and I don't want to go back." "You're too young to understand, Alex." The young woman snorted at the comment. "Anyways," Cecil said, "Of the twenty or so photos you took of the girls around school, we've come up with five potential matches. Six if you include the one you took with another girl earlier. You know, you look scary when you smile." "It was forced, sir. Any other identifying features other than reddish hair? Being in an all-girls school filled with a hundred or so red-heads isn't exactly going to make my job easy." "Nothing from direct outward appearance unless you get under the uniform, that is. There's a cross on the left shoulder." "So you want locker room pictures?" "Of course." Alexis cocked an eyebrow. "Alex. We're paying you thousands for locating the experiment. Not to gawp and high school girls in their undergarments." Alexis sighed, "I'll send visual confirmation as soon as it's available. Sneaking a bright holographic camera into a lockerroom isn't necessarily an easy task." "Very good. Remember, make this as quick as possible. We're not paying you by the hour."

She hung up the phone and flopped on the sofa after not finding anything good to eat and shut her eyes. She had a long night ahead of her.

(you can time skip if you want. just wanted to establish that little tidbit)

Erasai made her way down the sidewalk the next morning, as she did every morning, toward the school. She let out a yawn, having stayed up too late finishing her homework. And she wasn't going to enjoy the day today, as she remembered the school's track and field day was today. It hardly seemed necessary in her eyes, but the school wanted to make sure their girls were in shape.

That was fine though, she needed to work on her atheleticism. And she didn't mind the occasional competition.

She swung her school bag over her shoulder, letting out another yawn. "I hope they don't expect too much out of me academically today," she said to herself.
A good deal of the students were setting up the equipment for the athletic event and Alexis found the opportunity to find and snap a couple more pictures of potential targets. She stood by the main gate, not too far from the action but not too close to make it too obvious. She had been there thirty minutes earlier than most of the students and was able to snap a few inconspicuous photos of a few coming through the main gate.

Alexis covered her mouth and yawned as she idly held the camera phone in one hand, aiming the projected viewfinder at passing students. The thought of how utterly impossible this job was continued to scratch at the back of her head. Many were dispatched before her at a global scale, just like her, to find potential areas of where this one person is. Who she is and what the person's significance was to these scientists was beyond her. At least the money was good.

She snapped another picture and paused, recognizing the face somewhat of the student. Realizing who it was, she quickly turned away in hopes that Erasai had forgotten who she was and would leave her to her work.

Erasai entered the main gate of the school, looking to all the activity some of the girls were doing. She was glad that she hadn't arrived earlier, or she may have been roped into helping out as well. She even saw some of her own friends helping out.

As she made her way toward the school, she noticed Alexis standing by herself, not far from her. "Good morning, Alexis," she said, trying to stifle a yawn when she spoke. But she didn't make her way over to the girl. All she had on her mind was getting to her desk as soon as possible so she could 'rest her eyes'. She normally didn't slack off in class, but she felt she deserved it this once at least. With the effort she put into her papers, she could afford a little sleep time in class.

She made her way to her locker, stuffing her bag into it and putting on her tie. She tightened it and looked around. There were many girls by their lockers today, most likely because they were outside helping. The Track and Field day was suppose to start during second period, and Erasai couldn't help but think they had quite a bit more to do in such the short amount of time.
(sorry if i'm posting slow. got classes to worry about.)

Her body tensed when Erasai had called her name and she gave a tentative wave as she watched the girl head towards her locker. So much for trying to remain under the radar, the thought. Alexis wasn't too satisfied with the pictures she had taken but giving her employers an update on what she's found would at least keep them from bothering her in the middle of class or something.

It was almost time for class so the young woman packed up and moved on to her locker which happened to also be nearby her new acquaintance. Again she noticed how orange the girl's hair was and again she had to question whether it was dyed that way or whether it was natural. Erasai's offer yesterday also surfaced in her memory. It wasn't exactly her cup of tea to outright accept the invitation to join Erasai's group of friends but finding something as obscure as a tattoo of a cross on the upper part of the arm isn't going to suddenly reveal itself unless she got really lucky in spotting someone wearing a sleeveless, which probably won't even be remotely possible at least until another 4 months. The next best option was word of mouth.

"I thought that was the last I'd see of you yesterday. Nice to see you still remember me. You participating in... that thing they're doing out there?" she asked. She eyed the tie on the girl and tugged on her own, indicating the girl's may be a bit crooked.

((Not a problem :D))
Erasai turned her head to Alexis when she had heard her. She hardly cared if her tie was straight, seeing as she was going to take it off in a couple of hours, but she fixed it anyway. On the other hand, she was quite surprised that Alexis had come to her. She was certain Alexis was the type of person to stray away from others... just the impression she had gotten.

"Ah, yeah, unforturnately," she said, closing the locker door. "They usually do this twice a year. I knew this was coming, and yet, I'm still not ready for it. But I guess I just feel self-conscious, not having done much physical activity except when forced to, lately. She gave a little laugh. "I'm going to try and sleep a bit in class, to save up my energy. Not something I usually do, but I don't think I'll be able to make it through the day if I don't."

She rearranged some of the books in her arms, before asking Alexis, "Are you participating as well, or did you get lucky and get out of it because you are new?"
"I'm spectating," she said, leaning on the locker, "I'm new and if I did participate I wouldn't have gotten very far. Not much of an athlete, really." If you ignore the private military training, of course, she thought to herself. "I know what you mean. I used to fall asleep in class. Well, I still do but not as often."

The bell rang indicating it was time to head to class and she gave Erasai a small wave. "See you later then. Will your parents be coming to watch too or do they even still bother watching these events here?"

Erasai gave a nervous laugh, not sure how to answer that. She supposed she'd just tell Alexis what she told everyone else. "I actually don't live with my parents. They didn't want to move here, but I really wanted to come to this school, so they let me come by myself. It's quite nice, I get to enjoy time alone, and kind of get to live in the real world."

She slipped her hair behind her ear, and added, "Well, see you at the event. Until then, enjoy your class." She gave a quick wave to Alexis before hurrying off to class.

((Blah, short... you can timeskip or not, up to you.))
So the girl was living on her own? If anything she was at least three years below Alexis' actual age and she, herself, found it difficult to live alone. At the same time she envied Erasai's freedom instead of being tied down by some obligations. "So you and I are in the same boat. I guess as a thanks for helping me find my way home yesterday, the least I can do is offer you my help. If there's anything you need, you know where I live." She waved again, seeing the students begin to flood in from working outside and took her leave.

Alexis was disappointed that she wasn't able to go to the locker room. She was hoping to get at least some work done in finding the tattoo but she couldn't find a good reason to be let into the changing room without volunteering to participate, herself. So she sat on the temporary bleachers near the front, texting away to her employers who had spammed her for not updating anything for over an hour. Pictures wouldn't be so hard to do here with everyone else with a camera but what was the point unless someone was going to tear their top off? A likely opportunity, she thought to herself as she let out a frustrated snort. Girls began to file out from the changing rooms at this point to get ready for the event. She opened her message board again and sent another text to her employers. 'Is there any other defining features? Anything at all? Blue eyes? Green? Are they fast? Strong? I'm being left in the dark here!'

Erasai yawned as she made her way out of the locker room, having just woken up after a nice hour of sleep. It seemed enough to re-energize her for a bit, so she might be able to make it through the day. She stretched her arms over her head as she made her way toward the field. She was dressed in her usually school track outfit, a white shirt and red shorts, and she had her hair pulled back into a long ponytail. All the girls started making their way to the events they would be rotating through. Her was the one hundred meter dash.

She looked around while she stretched her legs, seeing the temporary bleachers and a few girls sitting on it. Some of them were injured and couldn't participate, while others, like Alexis, were too new. She also noticed a small gathering just outside the school gate. Boys had come to watch, skipping school or taking a day off work to come watch. It had been like that the past few times she had done track and field day. She always did better because the other girls would get distracted by trying to look good.

She heard the whistle, and readied herself at the starting line. She waited again, looking at the others forming up, and heard the whistle again, taking off. She didn't try hard, and ended up coming in third place. Not too bad, she thought to herself
"Not sure, myself. The objective is some sort of experiment so look for some unusual form of strength or speed" was what she got as a response. Well that limits it down a bit, she thought to herself, turning her attention to the dash. Erasai, the only girl she knew, had her hair pulled back in a ponytail. Cute, she thought. Something about the simplicity of her attire caused an unfamiliar emotion in the back of her mind. Well, she always did favor simple beauty over the grandeur of formal dress. Alexis pushed the thought out of her head. The girl had finished third and she mentally crossed the girl off her list as the potential objective and instead turned to the girl who finished first. The hair wasn't anything close to red so she crossed that girl off the list too. Regardless of the outcome, however, she clapped at the end of the race for Erasai.

Apparently there were boys on the other side of the school gate watching the girls participate in the events. She didn't blame them. It wasn't like the girls had never done anything like that. Although she found it amusing how the girls primped themselves up knowing that the opposite sex would be watching.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » On the Wings of Freedom: 1x1

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus