Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » On the Wings of Freedom: 1x1

Erasai Hawke (played by kuroi_neko) Topic Starter

Erasai's next event would be the 4 x 100 relay. Though it wouldn't start until the track was cleared from the other short events. She gave a quick comment to one of her friends before waving as she made her way over to Alexis on the bleachers. As she approached, she took a drink from her water bottle and glanced at the boys.

"So silly that they gather, isn't it?" she said, taking a seat below Alexis. "So, is it boring over here? If you decide to take pictures, leave me out of them. I don't look good when I'm sweating." She laughed and leaned back a bit, watching some of the other events. She noticed her friend doing particularly well in the high-jump. She let out a quick cheer to her, before taking another drink.
"It could be better," Alexis said with a forced giggle, "and I disagree, you look good. Besides, I only have one picture of you from yesterday. Well, that and the one from earlier this morning but I promise there won't be anymore without your permission."

She let Erasai relax a bit, cheering on her friends as she watched the events. Alexis honestly never had to do any of this back in the old country. Then again, her schools were a lot smaller. The boys whistled loudly as well and that caught her attention again.

"I'm pretty sure girls do the same thing when they have their athletic events. Don't you go?"

Erasai shook her head. "Not at all. I wouldn't want anyone thinking I was interested in them now, would I?" She looked over to the boys as well. "I can't exactly become involved with someone right now, so it would really be a waste of time. But yes, the girls here do go to the boys' events. My friends try to talk me into it all the time, but I always have an excuse." She gave Alexis a sly grin.

"I'm sure if you went over there, you could find yourself a nice boy," she continued, teasing Alexis a bit. "Unless you have someone back home waiting for you?" She was curious to this. Most transfer and exchange students she met often talked about someone back home; other than their family. And when she came to this school, she often got similiar questions directed at her. All she could do was answer them the best she could without telling too much.

She heard a whistle as the last event on the track ended and they began clearing it away. That meant the relay would be starting soon.
Alexis leaned back against the bleachers, propping herself up on her elbows. "There's nothing wrong with having some interest in them. You're young so..." She shrugged and caught Erasai's grin. Unsure what to make about what Erasai meant, she gave a slow nod. She couldn't have meant anything else so Alexis let it blow over her head.

"You think so?" Alexis said, feigning embarrassment at the comment of going over to the boys. "I couldn't. Not too interested in high school boys, really. And, no. I don't have anyone home waiting for me... I don't really try to put myself in those... situations. I wouldn't know how..." Alexis was quiet for a moment, a bit ashamed for subtly admitting her prude nature. Of course, she wasn't used to talking about relationships to begin with but it felt nice having someone to talk to regarding these things. A lot different than listening to bar-fight stories in the barracks. "What about where you're from? You're living alone here. If you're not interested in those guys over there you probably have someone else back home, right?"

The whistle blew and the female students cleared the track as batons were being handed out. Apparently a relay was about to start.

Erasai stood up and hopped off the bleachers. "No, no one back home for me. I'll see you in a bit," she said, glad to have an excuse not to talk about where she was from. She jogged over to her teammates to converse the order at which they would be running. The rival teams had begun gathering as well, but it didn't take long for the girls to set up in their postions. The students that weren't participating had gathered around the track to have a better view.

Erasai was positioned as the last to be handed the baton, so she would have to carry the team if they fell behind. She wouldn't hold back so much this time, since other people were involved in winning if she finished first. She jumped lightly in her spot, keeping her muscles warmed up as she waited for the race to start. The starting girls were handed the batons, they waited for a moment, and then the whistle blew. The starting girl was quite fast, being good at sprinting short distances. The second girl was good at maintaining the lead they had, keeping a steady pace. They had trouble handing off at the third girl, which caused them to hit second place. And when it came to her, she knew she was going to have to step it up to win this one. The first place runner was a good ten meters ahead by the time she obtaiend the baton.

Erasai started off quickly, closing the distance between her and the other girl. But as she grew closer to the finish line, she was just a few steps behind. So she gave the extra push, passing her and over the finish line, finishing first by two steps. But she caught her foot on the track surface and fell forward, rolling a little ways before sitting up, her breath heavy. There was clapping around her and she could barely focus as she tried to regain a steady breath. It had been a long while since she had tapped into that extra speed, and it left her feeling a bit drained. Her teammates rushed over to her, giving her cheers and chants.

Erasai gave them a smile, glad that she had helped them win. She couldn't help but think it was a little unfair to the other teams though. She straightened out her leg, blood streaking down from her knee from where she had fallen. "Ah, that stings a bit," she said, giving a short laugh. She stood up slowly, making her way passed the people and sitting down, taking a towel and holding it against her knee. She was relieved when one of the teachers told her she could sit out the rest of the day.
She was a bit upset to have been cut off like that but let it go. Erasai had a race to attend to anyways. She flipped her phone open and closed as she watched the girl get in position for the race. Nothing unusual there and she found it odd that Erasai was the anchor seeing as how she didn't finish too well in the previous race.

The race began just like any relay would and the young woman rested her chin on the railing, waiting for the race to end. When Erasai was up, Alexis saw that she had a lot of ground to cover. Despite this the girl caught up with a speed that could only be compared to an olympian. She won to Alexis and everyone's surprise. By the time they carried her off to sit on the bench, Alexis was on her feet, mouth open in shock at what she saw. Either the girl was naturally gifted or... No, she thought. That'd be silly. A world wide search and the objective turns up on HER side of the search area?

Alexis wasn't convinced. Not totally, at least. She needed more proof, something definite. "Impressive," she said, walking up behind Erasai and taking a seat at the other side of the bench. "You run a lot?"

Erasai looked to Alexis as she took a seat behind her. She leaned back a little, and said, "Not as often as I should. I just felt that need to push at the very end. That really took a lot out of me. I don't think I could do that again, for a long while," she laughed, holding the towel over her knee still. Her breath was still a little heavy, but she had recovered for the most part.

"Good news is, I'm out for the rest of the day," she smiled. Even if she hadn't fallen, she didn't know if she would be able to do much more. What she had done during the relay had taken up most of her energy. "I think I could go for another nap, though. And maybe a nice hot shower." Now that she was thinking of those things, she was completely ready to go home. But they still had quite a bit of the day left. She felt she would be pushing her luck if she faked sick, and they would more than likely just put her into the infirmary.
"Don't push yourself too hard," the young woman said, looking down at Erasai's injury. It didn't look too bad. Just a scratch. The way Erasai seemed to strain for air was something to be concerned about. "It's probably best that you don't participate in anymore anyways. I think you've done well in showing how fit you are... If you need help getting around I can help. It's the least I can do for you helping me find my way home yesterday."

(sorry, short)

She laughed a bit when Alexis said she had proven to be fit. "If anything, this proves I need to do a bit more strenuous activity everynow and then." But Alexis was right. She had done her damage for the day, and at least now she could get cleaned up. "I'm going to take a quick shower and then change. I feel gross right now. And don't worry, I can make it by myself. You stay and enjoy the fun."

She turned away from Alexis and everyone else, dangling her legs off the bleachers. She moved the towel, which she had been holding in place for reasons other than to stop bleeding. She looked down, making sure it had healed all the way, before hopping of the bleachers. 'Oh, yeah, I'm still hurt I suppose.' She made fake limping movements as she walked back toward the school, but making sure not to over do it.
Alexis let Erasai go with the notion that she could go after her just to make sure she's okay as well as try and see for herself if the girl had the tattoo. It was tempting to do. She'd be out of here and back home with her family a lot sooner than she had originally intended. But Erasai insisted that she was fine and she didn't want to seem too upfront about it. She could also sneak her way to the lockerroom real quick. If she knew where that was.

She decided to leave Erasai be. The event wasn't completely over and Alexis figured she might as well enjoy her time off from class for today. The event continued without anything major happening and when it finally did come to an end, the students were dismissed just in time for lunch. Since she didn't know anyone else, she followed the crowd to the food court and sat alone at a bench as she waited for the lines to disperse. Big city schools were a lot different than the small town ones. For one: the cafeteria was more like a food court. Automated food vendors also lined the edges of the food court with projected holograms of several meal choices hovering over the machines. It was a lot different than having a single cook making the dishes for all 50 students back at her home. She sighed, tapping her finger in slight agitation as she observed her surroundings. All the automated wonders of the city really did make her feel homesick.

Erasai took her time cleaning herself up. They longer she got to stay away from the crowds of people, the better she felt. Sometimes she just wanted to be alone; it was far more comfortable that way. She had managed to finish her shower before the other girls started to arrive, and had finished putting on her school uniform by the time they started cleaning up. She left the locker room, putting her hair back up into a ponytail.

In the cafeteria, she went to her usual selection and got two deli sandwiches and some chips. She didn't really care much for the school food, so she stuck with something simple. Not that the food wasn't good, she just preferred to prepare her own. She made her way toward the tables, noticing Alexis sitting by herself. She instead made her way over to the bench she was at and sat down next to her. "Aren't you hungry?" she asked, looking over at the girl. "You can have my second sandwich if you want. I always get two, even though I hardly ever eat the second." She gave a short laugh and held out the sandwich to Alexis.
Alexis was in between grabbing a pizza or the spaghetti when Erasai appeared. Of course, free food was always welcome and Alexis gladly accepted her offer. "I am hungry, just not yet used to the idea of machines churning out food..." She inspected the sandwich to check its contents and took a bite. "You're being awfully nice to me. I didn't really expect to make any new friends at least until the end of the first month but you've proved me wrong. And for that I thank you."

She continued munching on the sandwich, happy for the food and looked over at Erasai. She was definitely beautiful and it felt sort of wrong for her to be sitting with a stranger by herself. Well, she did say something about introducing her to her friends but Alexis didn't like the idea of that and decided to keep quiet about that for now. "So what do you do outside of school?"

Erasai looked to Alexis, her sandwich halfway to her mouth. She thought for a moment, trying to think how to best answer her question. "I usually stay home most nights. I really enjoy cooking though, and make dinner every night. I sometimes make too much though, so it goes to waste." She finally took a bite of the sandwich and was silent as she ate it. "I don't like inviting my friends over, because... well, it just feels awkward having friends over at a place you live at by yourself. I suppose I would be the only one who thinks that, though."

She raised her hand, waving to one of her friends that passed by and turned back to Alexis. "That's pretty much it. Do you have anything you like to do? Hobbies or anything?"
She laughed a little at the comment on her cooking too much and turned to Erasai. "If that's ever the case, I wouldn't mind taking the leftovers off your hands. I'm... not much of a cook. Never was really taught how to." Alexis was aware that her actions could be considered taking advantage of someone but she made it a personal note to at least pay her back for the kindness. She took another bite. "Really?" Alexis said, mouth half full of food, "I have yet to have any visitors to my place... so I wouldn't know."

When Erasai waved at a supposed friend, Alexis shrunk back to her own side of the table. "I watch movies in my free time. That, and if I'm really bored I carve little wooden figurines... Something my dad taught me when I was growing up since he was a carpenter. But it's mostly movies. If you consider that a hobby. Other than that, I don't know what to do here just yet." she felt a bit embarassed to admit a lazy activity like that but it was either tell Erasai that or tell her she goes to the shooting range with her comrades for some target practice.

"That's understandable," Erasai said. It had taken her a long time to find things to do, and make a few friends (well, become comfortable with her friends). She found it kind of nice, talking to someone about being new. After she had arrived at school, there had only been two girls before Alexis that were new. But they had moved away soon after so she was often still considered the new girl, even after almost two years. She also made a mental note to herself to include Alexis when she brought her friends lunch boxes on occasion.

"Your wood working seems like a unique thing," she said, going back to what Alexis had said. She had never been talented in a creative aspect, and was always someone jealous others that were. "You should make me something. I want to see what you can do."
Alexis shrugged. "It isn't too much of a talent. Mainly did that to make a quick pound when we didn't have enough money for the week. At least until my father got involved with the military." She finished eating the sandwich and tossed the wrapping paper. "I could make you one if you like. Anything specific you want me to make? Depending on what it is I might have it done for you by tomorrow... or the end of this week. If I don't have a lot of work to do, of course." She wasn't necessarily referring to school work when she said that but didn't specify any further.

"Thanks, again, for the meal. Again I'm in your debt. I know I feel a bit silly for offering this to a new acquaintance but if you ever feel like you need anything just stop by my place. You know where it is... But you'll probably have to call me first since I'm sort of busy at night."

Erasai looked at Alexis when she mentioned her father had joined the military. She sat the remaining part of her sandwich down and looked at the table for a long moment. Finally she spoke, "What does your father do in the military?" She knew that there was very slim chance there might be a link to the research portion of the military, since she was often reminded it was top secret, but she just wanted to make sure. She had a nervous feeling that she wouldn't be safe here much longer.
"Infantry. Veteran actually. He was discharged after he was injured in the back so he can't walk without a cane now," Alexis saw that Erasai was uncomfortable about the subject so she swung her story around to the more positive note. "A few arrangements were made and the government pays for our family needs. Which is nice since... now I can study abroad like I'm doing now... Really, my father's okay. So no need to be upset about it-"

The lunch bell rang and Alexis felt a bit upset to have to leave the conversation at that. "I'll see you after school, maybe. Figure out what you want me to make for you by then and we'll see what I can do, alright?" She slung her bookbag over her shoulder and got up from the table.

(up to you if you want to time skip. do you have any specific events planned or anything in the near future for them?)

Erasai was a bit surprised when the bell rang. She stood from her seat and looked to Alexis. "Alright then," she said, agreeing to thinking about what she would want made. She hadn't exactly expected the girl to agree to doing something like that, but was happy that she said she didn't mind. "I'll see you after school then," she said, making her own way toward her class. At least half the day was over already, and it would hopefully speed by just as quickly.

Science class had been the last subject of the day, and the final bell rang, allowing the students to leave the school. Erasai made her way out with ehr friends, though only part of the way, since a few lived in the dorms on campus. She waved farewell to them, and continued toward the school gate. She stopped there, looking around to see if Alexis had already started heading home.
German was one of her last classes. Why not, since it would be an easy grade, anyways? She found it amusing that her accent had garnered a lot of attention from the rest of her class. It's only a matter of time before they start asking her for "help" with their work, she thought. Not like she didn't mind. Two more pictures were taken for "the memories" and quickly sent back to mission control and none were marked as the potential.

Despite not finding any more potential targets, Alexis felt good. No additional possibilities meant no more to keep tabs on. She finished sending in the last report as she stood at the school gate, knowing that Erasai might be looking for her for her offer earlier. Her thoughts began to wander to her homework when she finally saw Erasai looking around, possibly for her. ALexis gave a small wave at her direction and approached the other girl. "Hey," she said, stuffing the phone back in her bookbag.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » On the Wings of Freedom: 1x1

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus