Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » On the Wings of Freedom: 1x1

Erasai Hawke (played by kuroi_neko) Topic Starter

Erasai blinked a bit, as she looked at the cab. She hadn't thought about calling a ride to get there, and had only expected to walk. But she was glad, seeing as they would probably be too worn out to enjoy the mall by the time they arrived there. She smiled gratefully at Alexis and slipped into the cab, scooting to the far side so the blonde could join her as well. "I'm glad you thought ahead. Of course, I lack a phone to do so, so it's natual for the idea to miss." The car started driving, heading toward the middle of the town.

"I actually did really well on my math homework," she said, rummaging through her bag. She pulled out the math homework, showing Alexis that it only had two red marks on it. "Usually I have four times that, and it looks like my paper was stabbed to death." She was really pleased with the work she did. Having someone to help was nice.

She probably would have noticed Alexis' uneasiness, but she had been too excited to. The cab pulled up to the sidewalk of the mall, and Erasai peered out the window to it. It was large; very large.
Alexis looked the paper over and smiled, "It was my pleasure to help. Honestly I'm just glad you didn't do worse with my assistance."

When the cab pulled into the lot, Alexis had to press her face against the window just to see the very top of the four-story building. It was an indoor AND outdoor mall, opening with a large escalators that actually led down into a lower fifth level food court with a large stage holding a holographic pre-recorded concert of a pop singer she wasn't familiar of to advertise its newest music making program. "Mika", was her name, if she remembered. The entire building itself was a gigantic "H" with the food court actually cutting under the middle section of the upper four levels as it opened up into the other half of the mall on the other side.

Alexis couldn't openly admit it but the inner girl inside of her wanted to squeal. In her mind she asked where could they go? where would they start? how long do they have to stay? All this and more raced through her head and it was all expressed in a simple gasp of amazement. As soon as the cab stopped, Alexis popped open the door and stepped onto the somewhat busy walkway where people bustled up and down the main escalators to the foodcourt. "Hey, hey!" the cab driver called, catching her attention. "You forgot to pay." The look he gave her wasn't asking for money however but instead silently reminded her to stay on task. She gulped and nodded, quickly forking over the cash before turning to Erasai. "Where do you want to go first?" she asked, her voice trembling not from anxiety but from excitement, this time.

Erasai looked up to the large structure, not exactly sure were she wanted to start. Everything seemed to be a good idea at the moment. But there was one thing in particular that stood out in her mind at that moment. "I wanted to see about buying a new violin," she said, giving a smile to Alexis. She had heard about a large music store here, and they had all sorts of instruments, and very nice ones. She had accidentally dropped hers about five months ago, and had dearly missed playing every so often.

"Unless you wanted to do something else?" She honestly didn't care, and they had til as long as they wanted to walk around and do whatever. Luckily the city was big enough to allow the mall to stay open twenty-four/seven.
A violin? She didn't know Erasai could play. "Of course we can go to the music store. Though don't expect me to help too much in picking out one. I don't know too much about strings... do you play a lot?"

As they began walking, through the first level of the mall, they passed by an ice rink that led to the indoor section of the mall. "I actually wanted to watch a movie," she said, but caught herself when she remembered the look the cab driver gave her, "... or straight to clothes shopping... I don't know..." they passed by the movie theater and she looked over the poster boards, conflicted with the decision.

"I learned to play in my free time. When I was -- in my room, I had nothing better to do," she said, catching herself before saying too much. "It's one of my favorite things to do. And don't worry, I know exactly what I want." But when Alexis mentioned something about seeing a movie, that perked her interest.

"Why not?" she said, agreeing to the idea. "I've heard about a really good horror film playing. Or even this great mystery/thriller. Or whatever would sound good to you. We've got plenty of time to do anything." She had never been to a movie theater, and she had never been given much privledge as to watching TV or movies. So doing that would be a new experience for her.
Alexis smiled at the girl. She had some new respect for the girl since she found people who took the time to learn things like music admirable. "When we're... done with all this, I'd like to hear you play."

It surprised her to see that Erasai liked horror. Personally she wasn't too afraid of it. The human innate fear of what goes bump in the night is staved off by the fact Alexis embraced darkness. "Horror is fine with me. Even more if it has ghosts in it."

They arrived at one of the many music stores in the mall. This one had faceless mannequins wearing rock band t-shirts sitting on a display chair and surrounded by speakers, guitars, drums, etc. Inside, the black and white walls were lined with a wide collection of electric guitars and bass equipment while on the ground floor rested several bins containing t-shirts and other merchandise.

There was a small section in the bad, dedicated to orchestral instruments, and Erasai saw a large selection of violins. She was immediately drawn to a dark wood beauty, and she took it from its stand to hold it delicately. She weighed it in her hands, and then placed it in a playable position under her chin and mimicked holding a bow and playing it. It felt very natural.

"This was a quick stop here," she said, smiling. She knew this was the one she wanted, and she hadn't even bothered looking at the price. And when she finally did, she grimaced a bit. If she bought it, she would only have enough money for the movie and a little food. Nothing else. But she figured the experience of hanging out with Alexis would be more than enough to sate her excitement.

She made her way to the counter, and paid for the violin excitedly, asking them if they would hold it there for her while she continued going around the mall. She definitely didn't want to ruin the beautiful instrument after just buying it. She quickly turned to Alexis and took her hand, pulling her from the store.

"I think that movie was starting soon, and I want to get good seats before it gets crowded!" she said, smiling sheepishly as she led the blonde toward the theater.
(i'm back! finals are done with so i'll be posting more actively)

"N-now?" Alexis asked, startled by the sudden pull out of the music shop. "Alright... but I want to go clothes shopping after..." She stumbled close behind, tightening her grip around Erasai as she tried to keep up. It took a moment but she eventually caught up with the girl, keeping pace as they ran over to the theater in hopes of getting there before everyone else. Why not loosen up? she thought to herself. It was Friday, after all, she was in a mall bigger than she had ever seen, she saw no problem in letting herself go for once.

Despite hurrying to the ticket booth, the theater was already filling up with patrons lining up at the snack bar. "We'll worry about popcorn later," Alexis said to Erasai, gripping her hand and pulling her through the thick crowd towards their theater, "We'll get a seat first." She found their designated theater under a 3-D hologram depicting a quaint, yellow house that slowly transformed into an ominous gray with a shadowy figure standing at the porch. The title "The Resident" hung over the hologram, flickering like a broken lightbulb.

When she entered, she was immediately greeted with the smell of smooth butter, sugar, and stale bubblegum as well as the common murmur of a populated theater room. The room was packed from front to back but there were four available seats near the very front. Alexis pointed towards the seats, throwing a questioning look at Erasai. There were, however, a small group of younger kids sitting at the very front, possibly brought in with their parents. They laughed loudly over the soft whispers of the theater and Alexis was beginning to have second thoughts about sitting in the front. "You want the front seats or perhaps would you prefer sitting somewhere in the back?"

Erasai pondered the thought for a moment, noticing how each empty seat seemed to be surrounded by noisy, annoying people. She sighed, wondering if they should have waited for the next showing.

"Hmm..." came the sound from her, as she inspected the seats once again. A group of people stood, seeming to have changed their minds about the movie or about their seating, but a set of four chairs opened up near the middle and it seemed to be surrounded by the least noisiest people in the theater. "There!" she said, making her way toward the seat, before an older couple even had the chance to spot it. Normally she would have given it to them, but this seemed near an all out war for good seats.
They hurried over to the available seats and the lights dimmed just as they sat down. A preview began to play and Alexis situated herself in her seat. Thankfully the audience at the front quieted down somewhat, at least until a scary scene happened in the preview, which caused them all to scream in unison. "Loud little children, aren't they?" she joked.

As the previews and the murmurs of the audience died down, the message "Please silence your phones" glowed on the holo projector. Just as it did that, however, Alexis' phone went off, indicating she got a text. She fumbled for it in her bag and glanced at it. "Dad" flashed in the message box and she immediately knew the others were getting anxious to get this job done. She tapped her arm to get her attention. "Hold my seat, ja? I'll go get the popcorn. Want anything?"

Erasai gave a quick laugh when Alexis mentioned the kids up front. "Maybe if it is a bad movie, they will entertain us instead." When the announcement came onto the screen, she ignored it, not having a phone to worry about herself. But she looked to Alexis when her phone went off, giving an amused grin.

"Just a drink, I suppose," she said, sinking into her seat some, getting comfortable for the movie. She placed her bag in Alexis' seat, so no one would get the idea to take it while she was gone.
As she pushed her way through the row, she came up with reasons to delay the operation a bit longer. The second she stepped out into the empty movie hall, she pulled out her phone only to to have her wrist snatched and pulled away from her bag as the person pushed her against the wall. She was definitely caught off guard by the action and struggled to wrench her hands free. Alexis knew the others were getting restless but she didn't know it was to this degree. "What are you-" she tried to say but a swift knee to the gut shut her up quick. "Where is she?" the person asked, grabbing her by her uniform tie and slamming her against the wall. The seam around her collar ripped a little as she continued to struggle to break free. This person wore civilian clothes but he was unrecognizable. Definitely not one from her group nor did he look like military personnel. She refused to answer to this stranger and when she didn't speak, the man kneed her again. No one was around. A simple weakening spell would at least allow her to break free. "You tell me where she is or I will-"

The man's grip fell limp as his head slumped forward on her shoulder. She hadn't even started casting the spell yet. It took Alexis a moment to realize blood had splattered on her face. "You okay?" she heard someone say. Looking over she found the taxi driver stuffing his silenced pistol back into his coat pocket. The man pulled the dead body off of her. "Yes... I think so. Thank you," she said, pulling out a handkerchief to wipe her face. "This isn't good. Info's being leaked somewhere. Our competition's getting wind of what's going on and we're stuck here twiddling our thumbs. Did you confirm it or not?" he snapped. The man was serious and she winced in guilt for taking advantage of the free time. "What if... she isn't the one?" Alexis asked. "Then we're wasting our time. Find out within the hour or we're taking matters into our own hands." "I'll get to it when I can. She wanted to watch a movie so I can't force her out of it. Two hours. Please."

Alexis flopped down at her seat next to Erasai with a bucket of popcorn in one hand and a large cola in the other. "I took a few sips--if you don't mind," she said with a long drawn out sigh. She handed Erasai the cola. "Line was a bit long. What'd I miss?"

It had been mostly trailers for upcoming films, and some of them looked rather interesting to Erasai. When Alexis came back, she gladly took the soda from her. "Not a problem. I can share," she said, smiling. "They only thing that happened was; a couple is heading to a cabin on the lake for their vacation, and they were talking about how her parents used to go there." Nothing plot wise had seemed to happen.

But something caught Erasai's attention. "Alexis! What happened to your shirt?" she asked in a concerned whisper. She noticed the ripped collar and wondered what she could have done to rip that area.
Alexis tilted her head in confusion then felt up her own shirt, finding the very blatant tear that left some of her shoulder exposed. "I- That's actually... It's been there," Alexis said, stammering for a followup, "It actually ripped a couple of days before and I just quickly stitched it up and forgot about it. Silly me. Don't worry about it I'll... I'll fix it when I get home."

She sunk in her seat. Her voice wasn't exactly composed during all that and she looked away from Erasai, knowing her story sounded a bit stretched. In the movie, they were presented with the first glimpse of something going wrong. Footsteps outside the door in broad daylight. Ones that clopped loudly on the hardwood floor and stopping right at the entrance. Nothing after that and when the male protagonist went to check, no one was there. This was good. Not the plot but the fact that something important was happening. She wanted to shirk the topic about her ripped clothing as much as possible.

Erasai didn't buy it. It was obvious, with the way Alexis was speaking, that she wasn't telling her the truth. But why lie? As the scene happened on screen, she decided not to press the matter any further. If Alexis didn't want to talk about it, she wouldn't force her to. They were here to have a good time.

"Please don't go out there, Richard. We don't know what it is!" said the woman on screen.

"I have to. Someone has to stop... it." The man opened the front door, and walked out. But just a few steps outside, a blurry mass knocked him off to the side and out of view.

"RICHARD!" The woman yelled, but there was a growling sound, and she began stepping back. A large, black mass rose in the door way, looking directly at her. A final growl, and it leaped at her, and the screen grew black, rolling the credits.

Erasai just looked up at the scrolling words, not sure what to think. Finally, though, she said, "That was a terrible ending..."
The movie left a lot of questions unanswered. What happened to the psychic? Why didn't they choose to move out when given the option? "Predictable ending," ALexis nodded in agreement, "It's the nature of horror movies to end tragically. I don't think I've ever seen one that had a happy ending." She stepped out of the theater more alert than last time. Even though there were a lot of people around her, she saw this as an opportune time to slip in and take Erasai when she wasn't looking. Alexis turned to Erasai, forcing a look of calm as she grasped the girl by the hand. "Don't want to lose you, now," she said.

They managed to step out of the theater in one piece and Alexis immediately went ahead to the directory nearby to figure out where to go next. "If it's alright with you, I want to check out the clothing stores now. And maybe get changed out of this ruined uniform." She said the last bit more to herself as her eyes scanned the mall layout. "Any particular store you want to go to?"

She agreed about the clothing store, and looked over the directory, though she wanted to question Alexis a bit more on her shirt. But she pointed to one, which was titled, Sweet Look, and said, "I've had a couple of friends say they shop there. It's decently priced I hear." She led Alexis in the direction of the shop. As they approached, mannequins lined the window, modeling what the latest fashions were.

Erasai pointed to one she particularly liked. It was a blue dress shirt, with the bottom hem slanted; one side ending at the hip, and the other near mid thigh. A belt slanted around the waist and white capris finished the attire. "I definitely want to try that one on, when we can." The store wasn't really busy, so shopping for clothes would be easy, and they could take as long as they wanted.
It looked like a fine place, the shop. Big open front windows with mannequins set up on display dressed in largely winter attire except for the one Erasai pointed out. It was almost spring, after all. It looked cute but a bit too loose for her tastes. She had her eyes set on a dark fluffy jacket and a pair of low-cut jeans. Under it was a simple white t but she thought she could get a bit more creative than that.

Alexis went ahead and entered the shop first, running her fingers over the undergarment racks as she made her way towards the back of the store where the jackets were sold. On her way there she pulled up a few of the spring clothes including a bathing suit and a pair of capris shorts and a plaid skirt. "I'm not really a fan of skirts but..." she looked up at Erasai, "what do you think?" She held the shorts over herself then the skirt. "Or would you want to try?"

"I have enough of skirts from the school uniform!" she laughed, but she did nod her head and added, "I think it would look good on you though. You should at least try it on. No harm in that, no?" She too, began looking over the racks of clothing, picking out a few things she might like to wear, and even the set from the mannequin in the window. She was already having a lot of fun, and they weren't even trying on the clothing yet.

But her eyes wandered to the bathing suit Alexis was holding. She honestly couldn't remember a time where she had worn one. She never really had the opportunity. "Do you swim much?" she asked, pointing to the suit. She, herself knew how, but such attire was never worn when she did. She wasn't given the choice, though.
She grabbed the jacket hanging from a rack, watching Erasai from the corner of her eye. "You think so?" she asked, considering picking the skirt over the shorts, for once. The blonde set aside the shorts and turned to a nearby mirror, holding the plaid-skirt over herself. It was a bit... shorter than her uniform. It was the school dress code, after all so it shouldn't have been a surprise. She held the jacket over herself as well. "I guess I'll buy it..." she said, still contemplating what to do with the jacket since it didn't seem to match. After a moment she decided to get them both, anyways and set aside the shorts and picked up the bathing suit.

Alexis looked at the bathing suit in thought then back at Erasai. "A little bit, ja. I was thinking about getting these early before they up the prices when it starts getting warmer. Do you swim? You should get one!" She urged the other girl on, pushing her over to the swim suit rack at the back corner. "What kind do you want? A one or two-piece? I think you'd look great in a two." Her attention was on the rack as she spoke, sliding the squeaky hangers aside as she pulled out different colors and varieties.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » On the Wings of Freedom: 1x1

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus