Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Looking for Steampunk, Pirate, or Space Pirate

TheLily

Or quite possibly Steampunk Pirate!

So, I am going to be heading back home soon and while I will miss my darling bestie, I'm looking forward to getting home. The only problem is that I have a couple of RP itches that I want to be scratched!

Baby Doll - this is a character I've played before, deleted and then decided to bring back. She's one of my favourite creations, loosely based off of Vampirates. She's a standard bar-wench in a bar meant for pirates. Role-plays with her would ideally be short-term with maybe some returns. She isn't going to settle down and the Salty Breeze isn't a place where people can settle.

Kanei-Yi Maerlahrri - ELVEN SPACE PIRATE. That is the jist of her. She's a butt-kicking machine who has been wronged. She's not above killing people, nor is she completely lawless. This is a specific setting heavy character. Please discuss with me before you make a character.

Lilura Ibarra - Steampunk Inventor. Uh, this one has a heavy setting, but I'm willing to adapt her to what you want to play.

What I am looking for over all:
Excitement
Adventure
Romance (18+ players only!)
Literate characters
Violence is cool too.
Well, I've recently made a space pirate character loosely based on a half-remembered Skyship Pirate/Privateer/mercenary type character from a now-defunct RP, I've not had a chance to RP with him yet or build him up to the same extent as most of my characters, vut if you're interested in space pirate RP, I think he'd fit the bill.

http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=18375
I am also quite interested in this. If you want to go steampunk, I've got a character called Maya who'll fit. Otherwise, I'd like a space pirate RP, and I'm doing some research into making a character for this at the moment :)
TheLily Topic Starter

For both of you, I'll be writing more about the world tonight and tomorrow while I am in the airports going home. I'll let you know on the races and the world a bit more.

Olthain, I think that Lilura would LOVE Maya. They'd have a lot of talk about.
i suppose they would :D also, towards the space rp, tyron is the character i'm working on. he needs some more work, but the rough lining has been set. he is adaptable, of course.
"Yarr, Is it me yer lookin' fer?"
TheLily Topic Starter

World building will be put on hold. Anyone else interested should drop me a PM. I got some bad news and I'm not up for working on things right now.
TheLily Topic Starter

For those of you looking to play with Maerlahrri, this is the world setting.

The solar system has a pair of stars, as most solar systems do. There are 7 planets and dozens of moons that are suited to having life on them, because of the technology from the Empire. This is not their only set of planets, but it is the main seven.

Other solar systems sustain life, but life is not well there. All the riches go into the same seven planets and moons while those outside are left to starve.

The Empire was once run by Humans, but soon they had been taken over by the Orcs, Dwarves and Elves. Humans were thought to be less intelligent beings, and their fast breeding and short lives made them somewhat of a pest to the Empire once it had outgrown the Humans.

It was around the time that Humans were deemed a pest breed suitable as pets or servants that the Elves brought magic to the Empire. They offered their skills to bring life to planets that could not sustain it. They thought this would bring them a better seat within the Empire.

Instead, as more planets were prepared, the Orcs and Dwarves plotted against the proud Elves. Once they thought they had all the land they needed, they started a war against the Elves, claiming to the people that the Elves refused to finish what they started.

The war took thousands of lives, destroyed families and whole planets. They set up camps for Elves, forcing them to work until they were nearly dead. Marks and brands were given to those who were let free from the camps. Those who are not in the camps are generally ignored.

Everyone knows that Elves lost their magic a long time ago.

Orcs are big brutes that think only for themselves - when they think. They are tall, huge walls of muscle. Pale green skin is the norm, but there have been Orcs who have had all the skin tones across the visable spectrum. For them, tattoos are a sign of pride and they will pay good money for ink. They have tusks, both sexes and take pride in those as well. They use them for fighting, but also for the attraction of a mate. They range from 7”6” to about 9’0”. Females run a little larger than the males.

Dwarves are builders. They take pride in what they build and they like to build it sturdy. They don’t seem to have much of a problem with drinking either. There isn’t much a Dwarf won’t do to win a bet and this has caused some problems over the years. The men take deep pride in their beards and they braid them in elaborate fashions. They don’t ever let someone touch their beard if they don’t trust them. It is considered a great sign of affection to be allowed to braid the beard of a male Dwarf. The women can grow beards, but with the mixed cultures they are split. Some shave, others take as much pride in their beards as the men. They range in height from 3’7” to 4’4”. Males are larger on average than females.

Elves are outcasts that no longer have a solid place within the Empire. They were once magic users that helped etch out places to live and thrive. Now they’ve been reduced to a half dead race. There are few elves left and very few have even a little bit of magic. They have been left to be mules and manual workers. Often they are let go from the camps once their physical strength has been taken from them. They have nothing to pride themselves on. Their hair is usually cut short, if not shaved all together and they have been forced to wear goggles to keep their eyes from being seen. It’s not uncommon for Elves to be blinded so that they cannot use their great sight to their advantage. They range in height from 4’5” to 5’5” with no difference between males and females. They run on the slender side even when fed well.

Humans are the worst off of all of the races. They are kept as pets and servants. They have been bred to be less intelligent than their ancestors. They are fed a steady diet that causes further damage to their minds, making them more amusing for their owners. The range in height from 4’3” to 6’0”. Males are generally larger than females.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Looking for Steampunk, Pirate, or Space Pirate

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus