Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Stranded

Buzz snapped awake as soon as he heard the screeching retort of metal as it was twisted and pulled away from the ship. The lights in the hanger bay flickered wildly before switching to their red setting, illuminating the drop ships and equipment in an eerie glow. The FDS Manhattan groaned and shuddered as an unknown force assailed it yet again. Buzz was knocked from his perch upon the wing of a Peregrine drop ship and hit the deck hard, his armor clanking off the metal plating. The black struts and plating of his AEGIS exosuit flared briefly as the reactive shielding protected Buzz from a perceived threat. In that instant, Buzz was entirely awake and he used his chin to depress a switch inside of his helmet to activate the TEAMCOMM channel.

"Dutch. It's Buzz, are we under attack?" The silence that followed was brief but no less heart pounding. Buzz nearly gave a start as the comm channel crackled to life.

"Buzz, you need to make it to the command deck. The Manhattan was hit by a rogue asteroid that the sensors didn't pick up. We don't know how it happened but we don't know how long atmosphere is going to remain in the hangar bay." Dutch sounded unsure of himself, which was entirely unlike him. He was ordinarily the one that could remain calm under fire.

"This is Buzz, roger. Bugging out." Buzz got to his feet as the hanger bay doors buckled outwards and began to rattle. Blood was already pumping rapidly throughout his body as Buzz began sprinting towards the access that would get him out of the hanger bay and into the primary passage way on the main deck. He was less than thirty feet from the access when the hanger bay doors screeched their last and got ejected into space. Before Buzz had a chance to activate the electromagnetic modules in his boots, he was thrown off of his feet towards the void of space. Adrenaline surged through his body as he shoved debris out of his way, his two and a half meter frame rocketing towards death. At the last second, Buzz reached his hands out wildly and grabbed hold of the jagged metal left over from the hanger bay doors. His body flapped wildly as atmosphere violently vented from the FDS Manhattan.

Turning about, Buzz witnessed a familiar figure in her black AEGIS exosuit. With her boots locked firmly to the deck, Alpha 083 "Ruby" watched as a Peregrine drop ship broke away from its tie downs and hurtled towards the gaping hole in the side of the ship. Despite the two of them wearing helmets, Buzz knew that Ruby's eyes were locked with his own as that drop ship accelerated towards him. It was a mass of metal the size of a truck and seemed intent on killing him.

Buzz chinned the comms channel. "I'll find my way back." The drop ship raced towards him and he felt the impact coming as the comms crackled to life. "You better.." Ruby's voice was low and steady as she watched the Peregrine collide with Buzz as he hung on for his life. Her teammate lost his grip and careened off into space toward the planet they had been orbiting. It was an orange jewel in the darkness of space, taking up all of Buzz's attention. His armor had locked up at the moment of impact to protect him but being hit by a drop ship still hurt like hell. His reactive shielding flared wildly and sent his glowing figure off towards his likely death.

The planet grew larger and larger in his view as Buzz began to feel the pull of gravity. He had experienced orbital drops before but those always involved a drop pod or entry vehicle of some kind. His armor was theoretically rated for atmospheric entry but no one had ever been foolish enough to try it. As soon as Buzz felt the resistance of air, he locked his arms and legs in such a way that turned him into a gliding mass of metal. Already his HUD showed the underlayer of his suit compensating for the air resistance that began to heat him up. Soon, the hardened points of his armor began to glow red, orange, and white as he hurtled towards the ground. An altimeter appeared in the corner of Buzz's HUD and he watched the numbers tick down rapidly. Below him it looked as if he were to land in some kind of orange-green oasis. Initial readings showed liquid water and dense vegetation surrounded by a sea of sand. As Buzz hit terminal velocity, he utilized his armor's ability to make micro adjustments of his limbs so that he could aim for a sand dune and braced for impact.

One second, two seconds, three seconds, and Buzz blacked out. His armored body slammed into the sand dune in a massive shower of rocks and sand. His body took out the top of the dune and sailed past it into another one where he made a man sized crater. The sands shifted around him and slowly began to cover his body as the wind whistled past. This planet was host to an unwilling guest and reacted as if nothing had ever happened. The sands shifted and covered Buzz as he awoke, blood dripping from the corner of his mouth. As he came to his senses, he let his armor loosen up so he could experimentally flex his limbs. Moving hurt every fiber of his body but he could tell that none of his bones had broken completely. He silently thanked the Federation egg heads for making the AEGIS exosuit and moved his legs to free himself of the sand. It took him longer than expected to get clear of terrain which encased him but eventually he was shaking the sand out of the nooks and crannies of his armor. Peering about, Buzz couldn't notice any discernible land marks in this shifting sea of sand. All he knew was the general direction of the oasis he saw and that his best bet for survival would be around there.

Glancing down, Buzz pulled his PKR-3E, an overbuilt revolver from its holster on his thigh. He had neglected to pull a primary weapon from the armory before being ejected from the ship and he didn't seem enthused about having five rounds to get him from here to salvation. Rolling his thick shoulders, Buzz checked the integrity of his weapon before holding it in a readied position so that he could begin making his way to the oasis he saw upon entry.
Looking for partners!
If this sample post interests you and you would like to continue with it in some shape or fashion, just message me here or privately. I'm looking around for some steady roleplay partners so if there are any other sci fi lovers interested, just let me know!
Tommy Caville Feld (played by StrangeLove)

Sounds interesting. If you want I could adjust tommy to your needs or for the RP.
Charlie 093 - Buzzard (played by Infamousity) Topic Starter

Tommy Caville Feld wrote:
Sounds interesting. If you want I could adjust tommy to your needs or for the RP.

What'd you have in mind?
Katlego Ngige (played by XIII)

I should get in on this.

Katlego Ngige wrote:
I should get in on this.

Yes you should.
Katlego Ngige (played by XIII)

And I will.

Did you want to RP here in the Forum? There's some restrictions when it comes to language or graphic violence on here, but if you're looking to avoid that then it's all good. Did you want to wait on more people for a group RP? I wouldn't mind the wait since I'm still trying to put together my character pages and finishing up some artwork. If not, I'm ready to jump in when you are.

Katlego Ngige wrote:
And I will.

Did you want to RP here in the Forum? There's some restrictions when it comes to language or graphic violence on here, but if you're looking to avoid that then it's all good. Did you want to wait on more people for a group RP? I wouldn't mind the wait since I'm still trying to put together my character pages and finishing up some artwork. If not, I'm ready to jump in when you are.

To be honest, a private rp wouldn't be bad. But we can really start wherever. I already have that sort of entrance post if you're up for it.

Still searching for partners!
Maisy Calderan (played by -CoolShortie-)

This does sound interesting. Do you think I could participate in this?

Maisy Calderan wrote:
This does sound interesting. Do you think I could participate in this?

Yes!
Sasha Wright (played anonymously)

Sounds interesting. Count me in.

Well the initial post is there. I'm ready to go whenever anyone else is!

Thanks! I probably won't be available for a few hours, but I'll join when I can.
Amira Kirks (played anonymously)

A soft female voice sings a message over an unencrypted comm channel "Amira this is Silva, sky-watch sensors detected several objects entering the atmosphere from orbit but couldn't get visuals. They appear to have impacted in the southern zone of your area. Advise that you watch your head out there. Sky-watch also ask that you either take pictures and data or recover anything you find. Over."

Near the edge of the oasis in a small wooden outpost building, the messages recipient grumbles as she lazily picks up her headset to reply "Amira to Silva. Understood, but they owe me extra beer rations in the next supply drop. Amira Out." Setting the headset back down as she swings her feet off of the radio desk, the woman gets up and prepares to enter her suit. Standing in an open ended stand by station, the suit's rear torso and limbs folding open to accept it's user. Climbing into the suit, she relaxes her body as the suit closes back over her, sealing itself with an audible hiss as the suit fully activates. Grabbing her rifle, Amira connects it to her suits backpack power supply and places her heat hawk on it's charging rack before heading out to locate these new contacts. At least it was better then simply sitting around doing nothing.

As the debris entered the atmosphere, speeding toward the planet's surface, the light show and trailing smoke caught the attention of a certain feline. Turning to watch as the objects fell toward the sand, she narrowed her eyes as they hit, an explosion rivaling anything she had ever seen forcing a wave of sound over her. Her ears flattened, and once the noise had stopped, she decided to investigate, being the curious cat she was.

Approaching the burning hunks of metal, she narrowed her eyes against the heat, venturing forward until she was only a few feet from the wreckage. She didn't dare touch it; It had just fallen from the sky, so who knew what it was? She circled it, not noticing the figure limping away from the crash at first. Only when she climbed a nearby sand dune did she see something - or someone - moving away from the wreckage. Tilting her head, she marveled at how someone could have survived an impact like that. It piqued her interest, and she checked her water flask to make sure that it was fairly full, and starting after the figure, bounding over the hot sand toward them.

I didn't even know people were still replying to this! If anyone is still interested I can continue the rp! Let me know!)))

((All good. With epic going on last week it made it hard to keep up with the notification feed.))

Amira Kirks wrote:
((All good. With epic going on last week it made it hard to keep up with the notification feed.))

Want me to reply to your last post?

((you can though I'd say respond to Maisey's first since her character's closer to yours to start))

((Glad this is still going. It was fun to watch Epic Week stuff going on, though))

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Stranded

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus