Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Stranded

Charlie 093 - Buzzard (played by Infamousity) Topic Starter

((Okay everyone! I'm definitely going to keep this going!))

Buzz chinned the comms circuit within his helmet and scanned through the available frequencies. He could see some encrypted chatter over several UHF bands but he obviously didn't have the cryptographic gear to listen in on them. Sure, he could probably run through a couple algorithms which would essentially guess the crypto until it got it right but that would take a long while. The shifting sands were messing with several of his sensors which made it difficult to track things for any distance. His ordinary black armor was now scarred and scratched, revealing the silver undercoating in many locations. The soldier mounted another dune and observed the oasis in the distance. He could tell that the environment there was able to support human life through several readings. Even with his advanced survivability augmentations, a normal human would have no issue breathing in the atmosphere close to this place. Granted, the sun might scorch them to death but they probably would have been long dead before they even got close enough to get a sunburn.
Maisy Calderan (played by -CoolShortie-)

((So, is there some kind of posting order? Or do we just go when we can?))

Maisy Calderan wrote:
((So, is there some kind of posting order? Or do we just go when we can?))
Go ahead if you're ready. You seem to be closest.
Tommy Caville Feld (played by StrangeLove)

((Is it too late for me to join as tommy?))

Pausing as she created another sand dune, the cat stared at the figure, only thirty meters away or so. She could see glints of light coming off their armor, or what looked like armor. Some kind of full body suit. Regardless she pushed forward, the hot sand burning as she bounded over it, kicking up grit in her path. Getting much closer now, she spotted the oasis in the distance, but didn't know if the person was going to make it.
Running up to them, she jumped past them, turning and sliding to a stop in their path. Looking up at them with wide, curious eyes, she stood, drawing herself up to her full height of... more than a foot shorter than this person. She tilted her head, staring at them for a moment before taking her water pouch, offering it to the suited figure.

Should I wait for the other post or continue?

Not sure. Maisy is right there, so maybe we could continue the scene while Amira is on her way? Just a suggestion.
Amira Kirks (played anonymously)

While it was called an oasis, the little green jewel in this area of the desert was more like a thick, ever encroaching jungle. Cleared paths rarely stayed clear for more then a few days. As Amira had only patrolled the northern half of her zone recently, it meant she was taking longer to reach the southern edge of the oasis due to having to recut her path. As she did so she switched through the different comm channels of neighboring zones to see if any others had gotten debris. The one directly south of her own had gotten some as well, a small ship or what was left of one after uncontrolled reentry and impacting into the desert sands.

When she finally reaches the treeline Amira could already see some of the debris jutting up crookedly from the sand. A small glint from the sun caught her attention at the crest of a sand dune. Focusing on the dune, she zooms in on the glint and freezes. There where people here. Well what looked like a person in a type of suit, though she couldn't tell if it was some type of survival suit or possibly even an exosuit like her own, and a cat person offering them something. Amira wasn't unfamiliar with them, having traded with a caravan or two of them passing through her zone before. She actually quite liked them.

Even as she continued to observe Amira slowly crouched down and raised her rifle enough to trigger her suits environmental data gathering module. Unfortunately this also produced a lens flare thanks to the harsh overhead sun.
(OOC: are you guys still looking for a writer? I’ve got a time capsule girl that needs waking into the future)

((I would think that you could join. It's up to Infamousity, though.))
Maisy Calderan wrote:
((I would think that you could join. It's up to Infamousity, though.))
is this thread dead now?

((I sincerely hope not. I'd give it a couple days to see if anyone responds.))
Amira Kirks (played anonymously)

((OP's profile says he is in the military so it's likely he's away on an exercise or the like.))

((Yeah, that may be true. We've been waiting for a week, now, so would any of you guys be willing to branch off and start our own thing?))
Maisy Calderan wrote:
((Yeah, that may be true. We've been waiting for a week, now, so would any of you guys be willing to branch off and start our own thing?))
im down. :) id like a group if that’s ok with you guys

((Well, we've got one that's interested. Anyone else? If nobody else wants to join, then AdoboKitty and I could start a PM.))
Lilith (played by A_Girl)

May I join?))

Ladies and Gentlemen, I apologize for my absence! Unfortunately duty called but now I am stationed somewhere else with a much more reliable schedule. Is anyone still interested in participating?
Zennia Stoneheart (played by TopKek23)

((I was planning on joining))

Zennia Stoneheart wrote:
((I was planning on joining))
This has much more of the following than I thought it would. Does anyone know a way I can set this up in a more permanent chat room style?

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Stranded

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus