Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Mage needed

Donovan Gunnolf (played by Hangingtree100) Topic Starter

"R-Right." Donovan nodded. "I'm in your debt. You should know that I'm Donovan Gunnolf." Donovan looked at the potion, uncorked it and downed it in one gulp. He winced at the burning but it only lasted for a moment. He looked back at the mage, worried. "You said this would work?" Donovan just wanted to hear that it would one more time.
Blaise (played by Dregnosteel)

"Do not worry it will work. It will take a while for the potion to take effect, about 10 seconds till it will work, You will know it is taking effect when your eyesite turns black that would be a sign of the curse leaving your body. Once it is completely out it will be a black cloud. Then we would either need to blast it or, if you want revenge on the person that cast the curse on you, we can put it in a warded bottle that will let the curse go as soon as you throw it at the target."
(( I am going to have to go to bed. chat with you when I am done with school))

Learning how the potion would work, Donovan nodded. Surprised to see that the curse could be contained, he shook his head, "No, I wouldn't wish this upon anyone. It must be destroyed." He began to feel himself tense. "I suggest that fire be at the ready." Donovan quickly told Blaise. Donovan felt the curse slowly begin.
[Have a good night's sleep!]

((I am back, and thanks I did))
"My fire is always ready." When he said that eight balls of fire surrounded him and another one started to form in the center of the eight. "This is a curse destroying spell, that only works if the curse is outside of its host." As he is talking, the fire in the middle keeps getting bigger. "Also the potion should be taking effect soon."

Donovan tried to nod, but his head only shook as his muscles began to bulge. He let out a scream as he felt his bones snap. He spat up blood and had to gulp to keep the potion down. He began shaking terribly and felt his hair grow. His nails elongated into claws, his eyes blinked and showed a bright yellow. Growling as he felt something pull at him, he began coughing, eventually heaving as he felt something like tar and smoke coming up from his throat. Blood began to speckle the floor as he heaved for air. However as soon as the cloud began to touch the fire, Donovan howled in pain. "It won't-!" Donovan choked on his words, the smoke sticking to his throat, his lungs, his heart. He kept coughing, heaving, but all that came out were specks of the potion and blood. He began choking, air no longer continuing to come in.

"Not the first time this happened, with a strong curse, Time to show you why this is a curse destroying spell, this might burn a bit" The eight balls of fire started to spin really fast. An orange trail came from the middle fireball and wrapped around the cloud of black smoke and started to tug it hard until it was out in the air, and out of Donavan's body. "Now to incinerate this thing." The smoke cloud started to struggle to get back to its host, but it was slowly being burned away until nothing was left of it. "There we go, all done."

Donovan began choking and felt something snap as he no longer felt like he was being burned alive. He felt his vision fade, and something leave his body, but before he could see anything, the world went black.

"And forevermore you will become a monster and never find peace where ever you stalk. This pain you shall bare until your treacherous death by the very one you hold dear. A death of pain and sorrow. Then your soul and curse will be free..."

Donovan woke up with a start. He looked around in surprise as he took in his surroundings. "Blaise...?" He asked timidly.

Blaise saw that Donovan passed out, most curses did this when they leave their hosts. He picked him up, he is stronger than most mages, and carried Donovan to a guest room he had built for this kind of thing. It had been about 3 hours since he passed out but when he woke up Blaise was sitting in a chair on the other side of the room. "Ah good you are awake, You have been unconscious for about three hours. There is a cup of water on the table next to you if you want it and do not worry about it be hot, it is an insulated cup which prevents my heat from affecting the temperature, so it is cold for you." He said motioning towards the side with his head. "The curse has been destroyed so you no longer have to worry about turning into a werewolf."

Donovan woke up in a daze, blinking as he tried to understand something about water? He looked over at the cup and downed it. He his head snapped up as he looked up in surprise. "It's gone?" He asked. "My gods..." He whispered. "Really?" He laughed. "Thank you!" He ran up and shook his hand repeatedly. "Thank you so much. I've- This has never- I can't believe-!" He laughed, tears coming from his eyes. "I've never had this happen." He laughed. He felt his shoulders slump as he looked down and took out of his pocket two hundred gold. "I know you said it was only one gold, but... I insist." He said, handing the gold over. "You have no idea how much this curse has cost, and to have it finally be rid of it, this really does deserve the money." He smiled. "Thank you so much. I'll help you gather your ingredients tomorrow." He nodded fervently.

Blaise accepted the money and shook his hand back. "Not a problem, If you ever have a curse cast on you again or you want help in battling something or someone, I will be more than happy to." He got up a walked to the door before he left, he said: "You can stay here as long as you want, we will gather ingredients when you are feeling good enough to walk, and possibly fight."

"Th-Thank you, but I have just gotten a job for the day. I'll see you tomorrow." Donovan smiled. He quickly head out the door and set out to work. It was simple grunt work, chopping and hauling wood, but the lumberjack seemed rather pleased at how quickly Donovan had gotten work done. Smiling as he bade goodbye, he went back to a small tent that he had made for himself a ways out of town. While it wasn't the best for a home, it worked for rain and wind- As long as it wasn't too severe. Donovan woke up, only to have his worst fears confirmed. He quickly covered himself from head to toe in whatever clothes he still had. See that he was well covered enough he took off for Blaise. Perhaps he could explain what was going on.
Showing up at his door, completely covered and hidden by a cloak he quietly asked, "Is anyone else with you?" As he looked up from his cloak with yellow eyes.

Blaise opened the door and saw the yellow eyes in the behind the hood. "Come on in, no one else is here." He let Donovan in. " This is not a normal curse. This curse is one that will keep coming back, until the caster themselves removes it on their own, or is defeated in battle."

Donovan suddenly growled, "Well I don't know where Eliza is, and I can't just go around looking like this." He took off the hood to reveal that his face was nearly covered in fur, his ears pointed with fur, his teeth sharp like fangs and his eyes blazing yellow with slitted pupils. "What do I do?!" He said, desperate for any solution. "I-Is there some sort of tonic that can repress this at least? What about the potion, do I drink it daily?" He suggested.
Suddenly a knock came on the door.
"Town guards, let us in." Donovan's eyes widened in horror. "Oh gods they found me." He whispered. "You have to hide me." He begged, the knocking on the door growing louder.

"I can only cast the spell that destroyed the curse once every month, but I do have something that will hide your changes better than the cloak you have now." Blaise picked up a magical cloak and wrapped it around Donovan. When he put it on him He looked like his normal human self. "That cloak will conceal any unnatural changes to your body done by a spell." He heard the knock at the door and who it was, he looked back at Donovan, "Time to show you another thing about this place that is magical." When he said that the tower started to shake and it teleported away, not to a place on the ground, but instead it teleported to a floating island. "Here way are this is a kind of place that only magical beings, and those they travel with, to enter. I am one of the four elemental wizards that protect this place. My place to protect is this dessert and residents, I sometimes have to go to towns to get ingredients, but I had to cut my visit short."

(( I meant did not mean to put here way there sorry))

Donovan growled at hearing the spell could only be cast monthly. "That's.... Unfortunate. Sadly full moons stay in the sky for two to three days." He explained. Donovan took on the cloak and watched as the hair retreated from his arms, giving him the natural hairy arms he was used to.
Donovan looked confused at what Blaise was talking about- Until the place began to move. "Aah!" Donovan suddenly clung to the first thing in sight, which was a nearby chair. "You- wizard- town?" Donovan repeated, looking around in stunned fear.
He wasn't sure if he was to thank Blaise, or curse at him. "We teleported?" Donovan repeated. Donovan's closest contact with magic had been with enchanters taking his weapons and adding a small enchantment to have the blade never dull, or for the hilt to have a better grip.
"I'm not... Used to this." Donovan gulped. He had heard of teleportation, but he never had seen it, much less experience it! What if part of him didn't teleport? What if he left his insides behind?! Donovan looked around in slight fear, "So is this normal for you?" He asked, in an octave higher than his usual voice.
[You're okay!]

"Yes, it is normal for me. Most people are not used to it, as only powerful mages can cast it without any unexpected outcomes happen, oh and I would be careful when stepping outside of the tower, as we are on top a floating island that is about 50 feet in the air." After he finishes speaking a small Phoenix comes through the window and lands on Blaise's shoulder. "Hey Sooth, how was everything while I was away?" The Phoenix looks at him then starts to speak, "Nothing much, no adventurers came while you were gone." Blaise nods and says "Well that is good." Sooth looks over at Donovan Gunnolf, "So I am guessing this person has been allowed to be here by you?" "That would be correct, this is Donovan Gunnolf."

"We're what?!" Donovan gasped, peeking out of a window and letting out a shaky breath. He never would've said he was afraid of heights, but now any man in his situation should be. Crouching slightly, as if being closer to the ground inside the tower would somehow bring the island closer to the ground, Donovan looked up only to see a bird talk to Blaise. "That- That's talking." Donovan said in a rather frazzled voice. "H-How?" Donovan asked, before shaking his head, "Where-?! What's going on!?" Donovan panicked, clearly out of his element.

Sooth huffed angrily, "I have a name you know, it is Sooth." Sooth flew down to the ground and started to change size to match that of Blaise's height. "Easy there Sooth," Blaise says, "This is his first time being on a floating island and meeting a phoenix." Blaise looks over at Donovan and says, "Do not worry about being up so high, the floating islands in this dessert slowly start to rise, when the gem inside them heat up, and fall, when their gem starts to cool down. We got here as this island started to go back to the ground as its normal height would be about a hundred feet in the air. Just so you know there is another mage here that controls Ice and snow. Her name is Snow and she lives in the tower covered in snow on top of that mountain over there." He points out the window Donovan was cowering under.

((I am going to bed talk to you tomorrow.))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Mage needed

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus