Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Mage needed

Blaise (played by Dregnosteel)

((I am back, but I have a band concert later today so I will try to respond as much as I can.))
Donovan Gunnolf (played by Hangingtree100) Topic Starter

((Congrats on going to a concert! Don't feel pressured to reply! I have my animation final due tomorrow so it's perfectly fine if you have to take your time, as I do too.))

((Ok, and thanks. Good luck on your animation final. My concert just finished

))

((Hello?))

So sorry! I thought a reply had sent but it turns out I x'd out of it! Didn't mean to keep you waiting!

"S-Sooth?" Donovan briefly wondered if the name was from the word, 'soothsayer' but decided not to ask a strange bird he just met the first question that popped into his head. Eyes widening at Sooth suddenly growing in size, he took several steps back. Donovan simply stared as the words Blaise were speaking seemed to come so casually to him, like explaining this was as simple as algebra.

Donovan nodded at being told who Snow was. "So... Was she named Snow because it was her destiny to control it or was she renamed... Or was it coincidence?" Donovan asked timidly.

((Lol it is fine.))
Blaise chuckled, "It could be both a coincidence and Destiny." Sooth flew back onto Blaise's shoulder and told Donovan, "If you are wondering, my name does not come from a normal language, it is from an ancient language and my name in that language means Heaven's Rage." Sooth says then turned back to Blaise, "So what brought you back so early?" Blaise chuckled a little bit, "Some town guards were banging on my door and since I did not feel like deeling with them, I came back here." He looks over at Donovan, "We also need to hunt down the person that cast this curse on you."

"Oh, I see." He said at Blaise's explanation of names. Donovan was looking around the room, wondering if anything had changed since they had teleported to another place entirely. He was suddenly brought back from his thoughts at what Blaise said.
"You can try to find Eliza, but... I wouldn't suggest it." Donovan then walked over to Blaise, "You should take powerful friends with you if you're to confront her. She's not a simple swamp witch. She's practiced curses and hexes and spells on individuals who could resist magic, so she could figure out how to make them more powerful to affect them." He sighed, "She's been working on her craft since she was 18... She's 26 now. And very deadly." Donovan insisted. "I mean it Blaise. She's not to be trifled with." Donovan insisted.

Blaise took his words into consideration, "She may have powerful curse magic but can she do this?" He grabbed the gem, which was an orange color, that was on his sleeve and when he pulled it off, it morphed into a sword of fire. "This weapon here uses both demonic and holy fire. This way I can cut down any of my enemies it also goes right through any armor." Blaise touched the hilt of the sword, wich contained the gem, against his sleeve and it changed back to a normal gem. "I can also get Snow to help us if you want. She is a kind hearted wizard and loves to go on adventures, or quests, with her friends." Blaise looks over at Sooth and says, "If he says yes, would you be so kind to get her attention and have her come here?" Sooth ruffled her feathered and responded, "Sure I guess I could do that. It is not hard to bring her here."

Donovan was impressed by the sword, looking at it with interest, his head craned in curiosity. Looking down, memories flashed before his eyes. "That's if you can get close enough to throw it." Donovan mumbled. "I've seen her disintegrate giants, open portals to different dimensions, and control the minds of her foes." He whimpered at the idea of her turning him against Blaise. "It's not a good thing." He whispered, his hands hugging his arms nervously.

"Most of the people I keep out of here could disintegrate an entire continent if they wanted too. If you are worried about mind control I could create another elixir that would make your brain stronger and be able to fight back without you losing focus of what you are doing." Blaise touched the hilt of his sword to his sleeve causing the sword to change back into a gem. "You still haven't answered my question yet. Would you like me to get my friend over here?"

Donovan looked up in surprise at the mention of Blaise's powerful friends. He nodded yes to drinking the elixir. If he could get any help, it would be appreciated. At Blaise's insistence, Donovan jumped at how he hadn't answered Blaise's question. "Yes! Bring her and anyone else that is willing to eradicate her evil rule. Now that we have the power to do this, she must be stopped. Or she will hurt more innocent lives." He sighed.

As soon as Donovan said yes Sooth flew out the window to go and get Snow, "Snow will be here shortly." He looks over at Donovan, "Now since we can not leave you defenseless, you can choose from learning fire magic from me or ice magic from Snow, this way we will not have to worry too much about you when we are fighting."

Donovan nearly jumped as Sooth flew out without warning, and looked back and breathed a sigh of relief at Blaise's confirmation that Snow would come. However, his apparent insistence on learning magic began to rub Donovan the wrong way, he squirmed at the suggestion and took a deep breath and looked away. "I know you mean well, but I simply can't view magic in a light where I'm using it. And I don't think it wise." He wouldn't budge. This was something he wouldn't do. He had no desire to learn magic after seeing what it had done to others, and if he were to transform and lose his mind? His violence on others could be devastating. "I can't. I'm sorry." He sighed. "I'm plenty strong without it. Magic doesn't affect me like it does others. And if I transform without a full moon... I can by will if I need to... I can keep some semblance of clarity in my head."

Blaise sighed, "Alright do whatever you want." Blaise looked out the window and saw Sooth land in the window of the other tower, "Snow should be here soon" as soon as he said that, a hole made of ice opened up next to him and a girl with artic fox ears and tail jumped out of it.
Snow (played by Dregnosteel)

"Hi! So I hear we have a job? Awesome! Can not wait to go exploring!" Snow started to jump around the room doing summersaults and everything, "When do we go? Can we go now? Please?"

Donovan took a step back and looked on in slight confusion and surprisingly... Quite some amusement. This Snow was very playful, and quite ready to get to it. “I-I do hope you both feel confident enough in your powers to defeat Eliza. If not- There’s no shame in backing out. This would be your last chance.” Donovan states.
Snow (played by Dregnosteel)

Snow looks over at Donovan, "You think I would miss out on an awesome adventure? I would go adventuring to the sun if I could."

"Besides, Snow and I have battled the demon lord himself a couple of times, and we have won both times."

Donovan nodded, “Alright....” He stood there for a moment then realized, “I have no idea where she is.” He put his hands to his face in disbelief at how he could forget something so important. “I- I cant believe I don’t know where she is.”

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Mage needed

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus