Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2018 » Oceanic code/language translation and discussion!

The Dragon (played by Ilmarinen) Topic Starter

Deffo!
Dragonfire (played by Dragonfire)

ANYWHOO, it is time for my sorry carcass to get some sleep. G'night and happy puzzling!

Good night <3

bFIa6Mr.png
oh wow.... awesome drawing there Heimdall
So sorry dear friends, this is the best I can do for now. I had to take it close up in multiple shots so that the areas were legible! From left to right of the map:

img_20180424_192617_by_celestinagrey-dc9sncz.jpgimg_20180424_192629_by_celestinagrey-dc9snco.jpgimg_20180424_192637_by_celestinagrey-dc9snci.jpgimg_20180424_192643_by_celestinagrey-dc9sncc.jpg
Kim Site Admin

Heimdall wrote:
What did an old cold game and rolled numbers have to do with it???

You guys brute forced it without finding the numbers! XD
Hey Kim can you post / share a clearer full picture of this map ???
We will figure out the numbers... somehow...

Hey now, we did NOT brute force it! I call it, uh, blunt finesse. ;D If the puzzle6 answer had started with anything but S, I don't think we woulda got it. Now I'm way curious about those numbers! XD

I am actually gonna put map speculation in a different topic, letting this one be specific to the oceanic code. But ... I do see that Kim's Palace, Kudos Mountain, Repository City, and Darth's Fortress of Doom all form a sort of straight line. I'd be interested to see what that looks like when continued out.

Oh my word, that picture, hahah! That's incredible.

...We, uh, we did statistical analysis on it! Chased down the patterns! ...Talked very nicely to the language and heard its secrets?? *gestures wildly*
Kim Site Admin

Pinning this topic, since the script is an important component of many puzzles. :)

One thing before I crash for the night! In the video that just went out, wherein the gobbo pirates have begun assailing us, there are a couple things I noticed.

1) the steering wheel has numbers, I think! When the princess says 90 degrees, we can use that to help see if our numbering system is at all right.
2) the aerial view of the ships says something in oceanic code! PGPG? PABPG? PABPAB? PGPAB?
here is the ocean code...

gl-110531-1524736744.png

PGPG, I think. The markings are all clustered and slightly height-offset from each other.

Also, I managed to grab a screencap of the 'nothing' symbol on the ship's wheel!

AD5zvPj.png

Based on this, it looks like the steering wheel is marked at 10-degree increments; 350 is on the left, and 10, 20, etc on the right. I'll have a reference done up for our numbers right quick. :3

Yo ho ho, here we go!

fCAHJQQ.png

HEE HEE AWESOME! It was even simpler than I thought XD I shall add this to the main post.

Also. The stone tablet that got fished out of the sea? Definitely also says "find the gate" on the back. LOL. I didn't even see that it had said anything!
Edit, wrong forum lol whoops

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2018 » Oceanic code/language translation and discussion!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus