Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2018 » Puzzle11 symbol discussion (SOLVED)

Ilmarinen Moderator

Maybe! Take a look and see if you spot anything! As for the clue ... that sounds like the "Atlantis" sign
I checked each video, and all I spotted in that specific area was the Oceanic translation for "P" at 0:43 in the "Journey Begins" video (y'know, the symbol that looks like a drunk rainbow by itself) and the Darth's Fortress of Doom area of the RPR map at 0:08 in the "Pirates of the Repository Part 2" video.

...Eh, I don't think it adds up to anything important. It was worth looking into though :) oh well!
Dragonfire Moderator

I have a feeling that the 'keys' needed here are answers that were used previously to unlock clues. The ships aren't currently up on the main page to look back on them, but...

https://www.rprepository.com/events/epicweek2018/puzzles.php?p=blueship

https://www.rprepository.com/events/epicweek2018/puzzles.php?p=redship
Dragonfire Moderator

Or... Or maybe...

firewalk.gif

This little doodle, which showed up in the Doubutt history, has the filename 'firewalk.gif'.
Ilmarinen Moderator

OH SNAP.
Heimdall wrote:
OH SNAP.

WHAT!!? 8)
Dragonfire Moderator

"We know both keys. They've unlocked doors before."
"One of the keys you need was a signpost at the beginning of your journey."

From the second, I'm sure that one of the keys is 'atlantis'. The key 'in fire', however, is pretty much enshrouded in smoke at the moment.

I did try 'archboard' from earlier, and 'firewalk', and 'pow', and a bunch of things in combination with atlantis. Nothing so far has cracked open our friendly phrase from the corsair post.

I also gave malarauko a try - the Balrog is a being that is literally on fire. No dice.
Dragonfire Moderator

Oh. Oh!

Okay, so it turns out that literally combining the keys was not what we needed. It was indeed a keyword cipher two layers thick!

If you apply 'atlantis' first, you get: poag rbo way bkho

And then if you use 'aquatoid': seal the way home

I suppose the 'key in fire' was fireworks.
Hey guys! I don't know if someone has found this already or if it'll help you out, but I found this message:

Puzzle11: One of the keys you need was a signpost at the beginning of your journey.

--Update, you already knew this, LOL. I just saw XD
Dragonfire Moderator

"Seal the way home" was the answer!

One seal remains!

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2018 » Puzzle11 symbol discussion (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus