Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Captain's New Mechanic(1X1 With Olthain)

Lynn (played by beefy)

The golden sand blew in the wind, howling as they weaved between the taller red mountains. The sun was high in the sky and the deep orange sky made the sand glow brightly. Heat radiated off the ground as speeders and vehicles zipped by towards a large space port made out of stone and metal. The streets were bustling with aliens and creatures of all kinds, speeders zipping through the streets, leaving dust trails in the citizens faces. Upon a street corner there was a large garage open, the distant sounds of metal clanking inside.

It was just another day in the port. Lynn sat upon a crate, twirling her wrench as she peered at a clip board. Rasca sat on her shoulder, swishing his bright colored tail about. Lynn looked up to see a short blue alien come into the shop. "Lynn! What're you doing?! I thought you said you'd have my speedster ready for today!" the alien sounded angry. "Well unfortunatly, I have other orders to fill and I'm short on hands! So you know what you'll have to wait." her tail swung around her side, taking the clipboard so she could, put on her gloves and kneel down beside a large armored vehicle. The alien began to spit some foreign language at her and she growled, her fluorescent markings lighting up on her face. "Hey! What did I just say! I have other orders! If you keep up with this attitude, I'll put your speedster down to the last on my list. Come back later." the alien soon stormed off after giving her a good scowl. She sighed frustrated, petting Rasca who chirped quietly from her shoulder. Her tail put down the clipboard and swung about violently as she laid herself down on a hover board, slipping underneath the vehicles with her tools. The markings across her skin were lit up brightly along with her brown-green eyes. "Ai-dayana..." she growled and hissed in her own language to herself. The sound of the door to her shop, let off a little ring and she cursed to herself, thinking it was another angry customer. "Lynn?" "Yes! Yes! One moment, just finishing up with something!" she yelled out from underneath the vehicles. The tall lankey alien approached her and she saw their feet. "I was just going to tell you, your shipment of spare parts has arrived." BAM! The vehicle bounced as Lynn yelped in pain. She had smacked her head off the bottom of the car. Sliding out from underneath the vehicle, rubbing her forehead, she smiled politely although it was clear she was frustrated. "Alright, show me."

The two had wandered outside where a large crate was. Lynn examined it carefully before opening it. With a smile she shook the alien's hand. "Thank you. Here's your payment and my signature." she handed them a paper, lifting the crate up. She grunted, waving her tail around for balance as she slowly made her way back inside towards the pile of crates at the back of the work area. Rasca would hop off her shoulder and sit himself onto where Lynn wished to place the crate, waving his tiny clawed hands as her gave her direction.
Tyron (played by Freyya)

"Sir, we have permission to descend into Oyialel's atmosphere."
Tyron looked away from the window for a moment to nod at his first mate. "Thank you Jenkins." He got the mic from its socket and put it to his mouth. It was wired to connect to speakers throughout the ship. "This is the captain speaking, make ready for docking at Oyialel port district. All hands to the docking bay. Prepare to secure a perimete to guard the ship." He then typed two quick mails on the panel before him.

To the lieutenant of the shield:
"We are entering Oyialel atmosphere. Follow close behind. Don't lift shield until safely on ground."
To the lieutenant of the prospector:
"We are entering Oyialel atmosphere. Follow close behind. Land in between Confidence and Shield. Make ready to unload and prepare cargo for sale."

Both messages were confirmed and the three ships started their descent towards the planet's space port.
One hour later, all three ships were docked safely to the ground, and the troops started getting to their tasks with unbelievable efficiency. The fleet's troops immediately started spreading out in and around the three ships and secured the area. The prospector's cargo bay workers started unloading the cargo into a nearby hangar, ready for sale. Tyron nodded as he got out of the Confidence, breathing in the air. "It may be a desert planet, but it's still better air than on a spaceship, isn't it?"
Jenkins, who stood behind him, nodded his agreement. "Aye sir. That it is."
Lynn (played by beefy) Topic Starter

Lynn had eventually brought the crate in, although with some difficulty. She had dropped the crate and parts had scattered across the shop as Rasca ran for cover. It took a while to clean up of course being that the tinier parts were harder to see. Looking out a window, she noticed several ships had docked in the nearby ship yard. Fairly large ones that. The woman blinked, wiping her forehead before returning to the tasks at hand. Lynn groaned as she eyed the speeder she was to fix next. "Ai-dayana.... What does that bastard of an alien do to this poor speeder. The thing is totally wrecked and definitely needs a new paint job." she said to herself, noting the rusted and peeled paint on it. Turning, Rasca climbed onto her shoulder as she began to fix the speeder. Hop, hop and a skip away, she could hear the sound of a couple customers coming her way. Lynn sighed. More angry customers she assumed. Soon Lynn had several customers storming in, shouting bizarre languages at her. "Oi! Oi! Oi! Stop. I'm sorry, but like I've said many times before. MY LIST IS LONG. It's going to take some time!" she would argue with them for several minutes before growling loudly, the fluorescent markings lighting up on her skin as a sign of stress. The woman rubbed her forehead as she was getting a headache now and their angry customers shouting could probably be heard for blocks.
Tyron (played by Freyya)

Tyron's ears caught the cry from a distance, and his head turned towards it.
"That'll be it for now, gentlemen. Make sure everything remains in order here, then you can take some time off. Dismissed."
"Aye, sir." Jenkins and Kay - the second mate - set about their tasks quickly, as they wanted to be in a bar with some girls soon.
Tyron wasn't so pumped for the harbor bars. He preferred the finer establishments, or simply one that wasn't filled with drunken spacefarers. He therefore decided to walk off into town. He picked the direction of the shouting, for some reason. He didn't know why, though. His Strong sabre hung from his hip, and a blaster was holstered on the other hip. He quickly found his way to Lynn's repair shop, and peeked in.
"Hello? Anyone here?" he called out as he stepped into the room.

Lynn stood at the manager office door a moment as the customers blurted their complaints at her. Rubbing her eyes with one hand she suddenly yelled out just before Tyron walked in. "Ok you know what? SHOP IS CLOSED! I've had enough of everyone complaining to me when, I'm working at a perfectly nice work speed. Natikya!" she motioned for them to leave as she slammed the manager's office door closed.

The grumpy aliens passed by Tyron, mumbling insults about the woman. One looked up to the man. "Would suggest you leave the bitch alone." he mumbled to Tyron before leaving. "I heard that!" she yelled from the office as Rasca sat in front of the office door, pawing it and chirping. Rasca turned to Tyron, eyes glowing a bright blue, his throat making a clicking sound. The fluffy monkey like creature was black and had a long fluffy tail. Some patches of his fur broke off into bright yellow, green and blue feathers that looked incredibly soft. Rasca chattered scratching at the door, looking between Tyron and the door. He seemed to want in.
Tyron (played by Freyya)

"I'm sorry to bother you." he said with a smile. "I'm not here to come ask for anything to be repaired. Quite on the contrary, in fact. I was just looking at you and your shop, and you appeared quite professional to me!" He looked back at the aliens, who were trotting off slowly. "They didn't bother you too much, I hope?" he asked.

A couple moments of silence passed before the door to her office was slowly opened. Lynn sighed, slowly walking out. She leaned against the wall, crossing her arms as her tail curled around her. Rasca climbed up her and sat upon her shoulder once again, chattering quietly. Lynn looked the stranger up and down for a moment. "Unfortunately, that's quite the usual behavior I get from customers from this port. They seem to be getting so impatient. They expect too much from just one mechanic." she groaned as she went to the door, turning off the neon sign with a switch along with, flipping the sign over to the "Closed" side. Lynn turned back to the stranger, quirking a brow. Her markings lit up a deep turquoise now. She seemed to smell the air a moment. "What brings a spacer to this mechanic's shop?" she had a strange accent to her voice, it sounded exotic, like she wasn't from this planet.
Tyron (played by Freyya)

"Business." he replied. "Business, and the need for solid ground under our feet. Me and my men have been in outer space for several months straight now. We needed a change of pace." Tyron gave her a friendly smile. "But that's not what I'm here for. I wanted to ask you if there was a more... fine establishment nearby? I'm not very interested in the port bars."

Lynn chuckled, her tail swinging lightly back and forth. "You'd find those kind of places more towards the center of the city. Typically, are more expensive of course. I go there one in a while. It's not a bad place if you steer clear of certain areas." She pet Rasca and smiled. "Do you want me to show you to a good spot? I need to get out of this blasted shop anyways."
Tyron (played by Freyya)

"I was just about to ask you to come along. You do look like you could use some distraction!" he smiled. "And don't worry about the money. I'll even buy you a round for showing me the good places, if you'll be so kind as to accept it."

"How kind. It's nice seeing a new face that isn't trying to put me out of business or judge me because of my race. Cmon, let's go." she smiled, opening the door for him. After Lynn stepped out she gazed around and turned to cross the street with Tyron. "I'm Lynarmia by the way. Lynn for short preferably." she smiled as she'd walk beside him towards a walkway leading to the next street.
Tyron (played by Freyya)

"The name's Tyron. I'm the captain of the confidence." He was curious if the people here would recognize his name, or his ship's name. He wiped some dust of his coat and looked up at the sky.

Lynn smiled to him giving him and odd gesture that seemed to be an greeting of some sort. "Nice to meet you. The Confidence, huh? I've heard stories creep around the bars and shops here. Becoming popular are we?" the alien chuckled with a flick of her tail as she strolled with Tyron into the next alley. The buildings began to look a bit nicer now and the citizens further into the city looked a bit less rough and tough. The sun blazed down upon the desert city when suddenly Lynn put her hand infront of Tyron. Several speedsters sped by them, the dust flying up into the air. "Get out of the way!!" one shouted as they soon disappeared down the street. Lynn was fairly calm about it even if the speeders were in the wrong. It was a pretty usual thing in this port.
Tyron (played by Freyya)

Tyron smiled as the speeders passed by. "Well... It seems people here haven't learned much since I was last here a few years ago. People were as arrogant back then as they seem to be now. Good thing for them I know how to hold my temper. If Jenkins had been here, however..." He chuckled. He then turned towards Lynn again. "Well, you might have seen us dock? A small fleet of two cruisers and a battlecruiser...?"

Lynn smirked. "Yeah. Nothing really ever changes around here. I've been around here for maybe 5 years now?" she paused and looked to him, thinking a moment "...Ah! Yes, I did see you guys dock. Very nice ships, I must say." she smiled and lead him across this street onto the next where a nice looking pub that had been placed in a plaza.
Tyron (played by Freyya)

Tyron let her guide him towards the pub and sank down in an empty chair with a content sigh. He then looked at Lynn investigatively. "Five years huh... Wait a second... Were you already working as a mechanic back then?"

"Yes. Although the shop didn't belong to me back then. Went under a different name. Believe it was... Shark's Repair Shop." she sat beside him and ordered herself a drink, the waiter kindly waiting for Tyron to order his drink.
Tyron (played by Freyya)

Tyron ordered a simple whiskey. "Shark's repair shop, huh... Yeah, I recall that! We had five fighters repaired there when we docked about four years ago. It was just The Confidence back then, no second and third ship yet."

Lynn quirked a brow and smiled. "Huh. I must have been off doing some errand for Shark, I don't recall it... Oh well. Obtained more ships? What are they like?" she chuckled, taking a sip of some odd alien drink that was clearly strong.
Tyron (played by Freyya)

Tyron chuckled. "Picked a strong one? Anyway, The Confidence is a battlecruiser. Fairly large, bought it off some money I'd scraped together from my father's heritage and some extra's I made in my army career. The shield is a defense cruiser. It's got some guns, but not much to speak of, but it's bubble shield can envelop all three of the ships and protect it from enemy fire. The Prospector Is a cargo cruiser, and the smallest in the fleet. Some minor guns to fend off fighters, but it stands no chance in a large battle. It usually stays behind the other two ships and keeps himself out of the fight."

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Captain's New Mechanic(1X1 With Olthain)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus