Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Captain's New Mechanic(1X1 With Olthain)

Lynn (played by beefy) Topic Starter

Lynn looked to Tyron with a silly look like he was kidding or something. "You're kidding right. Of course! I wouldn't pass up a chance like this!" she had jumped up and was now crouching on her chair, holding the arm of the chair. She was clenching it, excited. "Which sector are they docked in?! I need to pack! I need to close up shop and send the things I've had on my list to the owners." she was off with a million things at once, her markings turning a bright yellow.
Tyron (played by Freyya)

"Allright, take your time in doing al that - I will pick you up when we leave in two days, how does that sound? We've got a patrol assignment in the Helios system, so we'll start off slow."

"Awesome!" Lynn looked at her watch. "Then I should be heading back to get what I need done." Lynn deliberately payed for both of their drinks with a smirk before she headed off excited. "I'll see ya there!" she began to walk before stopping, turning and hugging him, laughing. "and THANK YOU!" she said before she was off in a dash towards her shop.
Tyron (played by Freyya)

Tyron smiled. "Just get to the docks when you're finished, you can't miss it!" he yelled as she left. He gathered his stuff and went back over to the ships. "Prepare for the arrival of a new mechanic, Jenkins. She'll present herself as Lynn."
"Aye, sir." he replied. Tyron continued into the ship.

Lynn had spent most of the night running around and cleaning up things. The sounds of metal being thrown and many other materials clashing against the stone walls. Soon those who had been waiting for repairs had been called via holo-phone and had picked up their vehicles. Lynn stand at the garage door, gazing around the now cleaned up garage. Her things were packed by her office, Rasca sitting on top of them. It wasn't that much stuff. Just a box and a bag really. Not like she could bring everything with her anyways.

Lynn laid down into her bed, that was elevated. She couldn't believe she'd been sleeping in this room the whole time she ran this shop. It was so small! She chuckled to herself as she finished collecting the last things she needed before she went back down the ladder into her office, packing away what was left. She sighed and with a small burst of excitement, she grabbed her things and strapped them down to the back of her custom speedster. Lynn eyed it and wondered if she could take it with her. She shrugged and leaped onto the speedster with Rasca, who sat with the luggage. After the garage door opened, she slowly drove out before turning and pressing a button on her wrist computer. Everything closed and locked in the garage, officially closing up unless she returned.

Lynn sped through the streets, although less aggressively then most drivers around here. Soon she had reach the docks and caught sight of the ship she was to be working on. Smiling widely she drove up and looked around to see if anyone was there. The woman took off her helmet, swinging her tail around excitedly.
Tyron (played by Freyya)

Jenkins was just walking back from the shield when he saw Lynn at the confidence. "Ah, you must be Lynn, then! The captain's informed me about you!"
Jenkins was a broad man, and not the muscle kind of broad. He wasn't a giant, but he'd last be able to hibernate. Or so the men jokingly said. He had a large moustache and was wearing his gray and blue service clothes. As soon as the man reached her, he stuck out his hand at her to shake. "It's a pleasure to meet you! We can always use some new engineers on board."

Lynn smiled as she stepped off her speedster, shaking Jenkin's hand. "Pleasure's all mine!" she chuckled as Rasca chattered, leaping out from the luggage and clinging to her shoulder. Rasca's feather suddenly flared, making the feathers down his spine stand on end, along with the large amount of feathers on his scruff that fluffed up now like a mane. His ears stood on end, his reflective eyes glowing brilliantly. The pet hissed playfully as Lynn laughed, patting Rasca.
Tyron (played by Freyya)

Jenkins frowned. "Did the cap'n approve of your pet here?" he asked. "Ah well... If it's here, I suppose he did. Not my place to refrain his command." he smiled broadly. "Well then!" Let's get you shipped in, shall we? You can take your speeder on board if you want, we've got cargo containers for things like that."

Lynn nodded as she calmed Rasca down, bringing the speeder with her as she would follow Jenkins. She looked to Rasca with a scold and he immediately cuddled himself down on her shoulder, where he'd watch everything that went on, a little clicking sound coming from him.
Tyron (played by Freyya)

They moved to an elevator and were quickly shuttled towards the engineer's quarters. They walked down another hallway and finally reached the cabins. "Here we are, this is yours." Jenkins opened the door and gave her the key. "You get the rest of the day to explore. Report to the command post tomorrow morning as soon as you're able." With those words, he walked back to the elevator and disappeared.

Lynn nodded with a smile, excitedly opening her quarter's door. Stepping inside she smiled and had a look around, closing the door behind her. She had put all her stuff in the corner for the time being and turned to look at her bed. "... The bed is on the floor?" she stared at it. "How strange. Beds are usually elevated." She looked around before looking at the wall beside her bed. It wasn't long before she broke out her tools and once again the sound of clanging came from her room. She didn't know whether or not it'd carry on through out the ship but the bed was just bugging her.
Tyron (played by Freyya)

Will, a scruffy redhead engineer heard the banging in her quarters and knocked on the door. "hey, are you allright in there? What's going on?"

Lynn stopped what she was doing, turning back to the door. The door whizzed open and she peered around corner. "Oh. Yeah. Was just fixing something." she smiled to the man, crossing her arms as she leaned against the door frame. Her bed was now turned into and elevated bed. Or it almost seemed like it was floating but no it wasn't it was held up by supports.
Tyron (played by Freyya)

"Allright then," he replied. "I guess Jenkins told you where you need to be. I'm heading for my cabin as well. I suggest you get some sleep, work starts early tomorrow. We're leaving at first light." With that he walked through the hallway and turned around the corner, disappearing from sight.

The woman smiled to the man and closed her door once more. She looked around her cabin and smiled. It was surprisingly larger then her bedroom back at the garage. It was odd to her. She was used to smaller spaces to sleep in. She shrugged and leaped onto her bed with a loud sigh, staring at the ceiling. All this excitement did make her tired. Soon was off to sleep with Rasca curled up next to her.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Captain's New Mechanic(1X1 With Olthain)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus