Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A lost fighter (closed)

Wren Tain (played by Terel)

Wren frowned lightly, "Pirates? Must be the ships that blasted me. Got ambushed by a group of fighters, managed to get a few shots in, but not enough, they managed to shoot me up pretty bad, as you saw, but I blew one of my engines and tried to make it look liked they'd vaped me. Fools didn't even bother to check to make sure." She smiled, "But if I get a chance to fly against them, as part of a squadron, I'll show them, and you, exactly what I'm capable of."
Tyron (played by Freyya) Topic Starter

"Allright then. Just stay right here, Jenkins will come in a minute and take you to your new cabin. He'll show you around." He turned back to Lynn and the other engineers. "Any luck recovering some gear?" he asked.
Lynn (played by beefy)

Lynn poked her head out from behind a maintenance panel, her face covered with black until she lifted her goggles up, that left the shape of her goggles there. "I managed to shut down the reactor and weapons systems. Am currently working on getting the shield core out. It's a little damaged but nothing I can't fix." she looked back into the panel and there was another little puff of smoke. "Also think I can probably salvage a gun, maybe two." The woman coughed and chuckled as Rasca chattered loudly at her. "Calm down, Rasca." she bluntly said to the eom before reaching back inside. "It'll be a bit more time before I can look over the entire ship for things to salvage. I should be done before we arrive to our next destination."

Wren watched the engineers slowly dismantling her ship, wincing slightly at every clang, or every partly-slagged part removed, "If... if you managed to salvage anything, I'd appreciate it if you could fit it onto whatever fighter I'll be flying. I did a little modifying to the old girl; improved the shields a bit, improved the capacitors and got myself a new reactor and a heavier gun. The standard "Arrow" isn't a bad ship, but its navy standard and I've always preferred to kit out my ship with whatever I can lay my hands on with my pay grade. Shunting my extra power into a boosted shield array, or into my engines, has surprised more than one pirate, and saved my skin a few times too." Wren shrugged, "Didn't really help me in that last fight, but i was outnumbered eight-to-one at the time."

"Well, lucky for you, we use "Arrow's" here as well. So at least you won't be completely in the dark. I'm sure we can save something." he nodded. As he did, Jenkins ws walking towards them. "Now," Tyron said. "I'll be retreating to the command deck to plan out how we can intercept the pirates to take them out in the most effective way possible. I will see you later on the battlefield, rookie." he held out his hand to her to shake.

Wren nodded and grasped his hand firmly, "That you will, I promise to put on a good show." She grinned fiercely, "I look forward to flying for you, captain." She frowned slightly as she looked up at his face, noticing the mechanical eye for the first time, "You know, you look familiar. Can't place your face though."

Tyron smiled. "The battle of Yeos, perhaps?" he informed. He'd put on quite the show back in his days in the army fleet. The Etharon royal fleet had worked together with the navy back then, after all. "I was still a lieutenant back then."

She blinked, frowning slightly, "Yeos? Yes..hey...wait a minute..." Her mouth fell open, "You... you're that Tyron!?" Her eyes widened wit a look of utter horror and she groaned, "Oh no... I've joined up with the Big Goddamn Hero of Yeos hisself!" She shook her head in disbelief, "Goddamn it!"

Tyron grinned at her comment. "I guess stories can go far, even in something as vast as a universe."
Jenkins joined the little group.
"A way well earned, if I may say so cap'n!"
"You may, Jenkins, if you must." Tyron replied with an exaggerated sigh. "Anyway, I will leave you in Jenkins' care, he will lead you to your cabin for now."
"That I will ma'am, if you would follow me?" Tyron started off to the elevator, and Jenkins along the catwalk in the other direction.

Wren saluted mechanically and started following Jenkins, her expression was a mixture of shock, awe and, strangely, complete and utter horror with a shade of disgust, "I've gone and joined up with him, of all people!" She muttered to herself, "Bloody hell, I'm as good as vaped already." She glanced at Jenkins, only just seeming to realise he was there, "I promised myself I'd never follow anyone anyone called a hero. It's a vow I made the second I came out of my first dogfight with a pirate. Heroes tend to get a lot of people killed, on both sides of whatever damned conflict they're involved in, and its usually grunts like me that get a laser up the exhaust." She shook her head, "And now I'm on board the ship of the Hero of Yeos, signed up as one of his pilots." She sighed, "God damn."

Jenkins looked back with a grin on his face. "You could descirbe more heroes as such, yes. But not Tyron. He's... different. I don't really know how to explain it, but Tyron really is concerned with each and every single man in the fleet. He doesn't do this for himself. He does it so he can sustain his mother and sister back on Etharon." He paused as he thought of something. "One thing odd about him that I haven't seen with any captain I served is this - every time an operation goes wrong, or too many men get killed, he retreats to his cabin and grieves for all of them. He writes letters by hand to each and every one of their families so as to inform them of their husband's, wife's, father's mother's or whatever kind of person's death. He usually leaves me or Lara in command while he's working on that. We often asked him why he wouldn't just employ someone to send a simple transmission to everyone. Do you want to know what he replied?" he chuckled. "A transmission isn't genuine. Life is short, and these people died for a cause that was not their own. It would have been, in the end, but they would never see the day dawn that their dreams would be fulfilled."

Wren frowned slightly as she absorbed this, "No offence, but I've found heroes like that tend to be worse than the ones without any regard to the lives of their men. People like that tend to either get a guilt complex, and try to atone for some imagined sin and end up getting themselves and everyone around them killed, or they try and spare the lives of their men by going all 'Heroic Sacrifice' mode on us, and getting us all killed in a spectacular, song-worthy manner." Wren smiled slightly, "Still, if Tyron really is different from your average hero... well, I'll reserve judgement on him." She laughed wryly, "The worst that can happen is I die."

"Oh don't worry, he won't get a guilt complex." Jankins replied with a chuckle. "He grieves at the time - and writes his own letters to the families - but when he leaves his room again he seems to be completely past it. Whenever we ask him about how he thinks of someone who died afterwards, he'll say it was their choice." He laughed nervously. "I don't know if that sounds much better, but just take it from me, his first mate, that he has something...special about him that drives us all on."

Wren nodded, "Yeah, well, good enough I suppose. I guess I'll just have to see how special he really is as I serve on this ship. Oh, and if I do end up dying gloriously in battle on behalf of the Hero of Yeos, tell him that he needn't bother with a letter for me; there's no one for him to send it to." She then glanced down at the flight-suit she still wore and wrinkled her nose, "Hey, this flying tub got a shower room or something? I've been stuck in this same flight-suit for two days. Unfortunately I never got round to sticking in any plumbing into my poor Valkyrie., I've not had a change of clothes or a proper shower since those pirates shot me up."

Jenkins chuckled. "We just passed the female's shower room back there, if you take a good look, you'll find it. And here's your room. You'll be sharing with Ella, she's on your squad." He handed her a card key. "Good luck!"

Wren nodded, taking the key card from him, "Thanks." She glanced down at the card in her hand and gave him a wry smile, "Hot bunking was definetly something I didn't miss when I left the Navy. Ah well, thanks for the key. I'll go and look for that shower."
Lynn (played by beefy)

Lynn soon was walking out of the ship, carrying a large yellow colored mechanism on one shoulder and pulling along a trolley that had a couple ship guns on it. She sighed, wiping away the black from her skin, blowing her hair out of her face. Setting them down across the room, she looked around before looking at her holo-watch. "Hmm.. I should probably inform the new person." she took out a cloth and wiped her hands clean before she began to make her way out of the hangar. Stuffing the cloth and her hands in her pockets, she began to make her way around to find the new pilot. Soon she'd catch sight of her and smile. "Hey!" she said trying to get her attention as she made her way over to her."

Wren turned slightly at hearing Lynn's shout ad waited for her to arrive, she smiled slightly at the mechanic, "Hello, you're the mechanic that was with Tyron, right?" She sighed slightly, "My fighter's a write-off, right?" She shook her head, "I'm going to make those damn pirates pay for shooting her up so bad... did you manage to salvage anything?"
Lynn (played by beefy)

"Yeah. New here as well, I see." she smiled. "Well, unfortunately it was badly beaten but I did manage to actually salvage the shield core and a couples guns. I'm going to be fixing up those into a better condition a little later." Lynn's tail flickered about, her markings turning a minty green in the light, seeming satisfied with how much she managed to salvage considering how beaten up the ship was.

Wren smiled gratefully, "I'm glad you could salvage something from her at least. The guns and the shield core are slightly better quality than the standard issue, its not by much, but the extra edge can be all that you need in a tough dogfight." She then held out her hand, "I'm not sure if we've been introduce properly yet, my name's Wren, Wren Tain. Former pilot in the three hundred and eighty first tactical-support squadron aboard the carrier Illustrious, and now apparently flying ships for Captain Tyron instead."

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A lost fighter (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus