Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Favorite childhood games?

Conner_vs_everything Topic Starter

DarkonDreams wrote:
Anyone else play the RPG that never should have worked yet somehow did beautifully? Super Mario RPG?

Never was into Mario but I’m pretty sure my brother was a big fan of it so he probably played the game!

oichidan wrote:
I used to play Final Fantasy Tactics on the PSX a lot when I was a kid. I'm just as thankful since Square Enix released the game on Android.

I’ve heard of Final Fantasy but I never gave it a chance I don’t think it wasn’t my cuppa tea 🤔 I am a fan of rune Factory!
With video games a mix of Pokemon (silver), Crash Bandicoot, Spyro and my favourite Silent Bomber (which by the sounds of things is quite sadly an underrated game.

Irl games you cannot go wrong with some tag, hide and seek and go home stay home but I think I gave up on a good number of out door games when I had a lump of coal lobbed just under my eye so...
DarkonDreams wrote:
Anyone else play the RPG that never should have worked yet somehow did beautifully? Super Mario RPG?

YES
My first experience in rpgs. Loved it so much, but I never owned it, and I've never been able to find an emulator that works for it.

Video game: Goldeneye 007 on the N64. Wonderful game that really got me into gaming. Before that I'd had an SNES (bought when they were the new hotness) and only a few games.

Board game: Battleship. My sister and I lived waaay outside of town when we younger in Colorado, and if we weren't mixing Barbies, G. I. Joe, TMNT, and 90210 dolls (Donatello and Skipper were OTP), throwing dirt clods at each other (don't tell mom), or throwing punches, we were playing board games, and almost always Battleship.

In person game: When I was in Boy Scouts, we played a game called "British Bulldog". It was part football, part Red Rover, part wrestling, and part gladiator fighting. Bruises, scratches, grass stains, bloody noses, torn clothes, and stickers and goat's heads embedded in your skin were the norm.

Bonus: Favorite Toy: Pipe Works. Or maybe Worx. They were just PVC pipies with connectors, wheels, and a deck that could be seat or tabletop
That Spyro the dragon game on PS1.

I got to say I loved hearing all about your childhood video games it was amazing to see how different everyone was as a child we all grew up in different ways XD

Thank you to everyone who posted on here I loved reading all your childhood game experiences it was great fun!
I'm not sure if this means I'm older than y'all or younger than y'all, but I loved Super Mario Brothers on the original NES. Also there was a cheesy game called Castle Quest that we got really into when we were kids. Also Mahjong on the PC.
Asroc

Mega Man Games, Meyroidvania styled Castlevania games on the DS. Dawn of Sorrow is one of my top DS games.
TransientAeolus

There are games like that yes.

Super Monkey Ball is one that feels old from memory and I remember that I loved playing that. Might be 2, I don't remember.

There are ones that I liked as a kid like Destroy All Humans 1 and 2 (Playstation 1 and 2 respectively), Star Wars Battlefront II (2005, Playstation 2), and Army Men (Gameboy Color). Those are the games that have a special place in my heart for their impact. :D
Well video games wise and online i really liked playing super mario and other stuff i dont rxactly remember on the atari (not sure if thats how its pronounced). We also have this set of a steering wheel with gas pedals and and brakes which we would connect to our old computer and play some type of a racing game. As for "online" it was back when we got wifi for the first time and my sister would always pick my games that i liked. Which were mostly barbie (i remember we all had like a schedule on who is allowed to use the computer and when)

Board game wise i really enjoyed anything like monopoly and snakes and ladders and whatever was around really.

Now the irl games were the best, one that i remember clearly was a game where one person would leave the room, everyone else that is in the room would pick a hiding place. We would turn off the lights and the person that left the room would enter now blindfolded and try to find the rest and we basically scared the shit out of each other. There are so many othet games we used to play but this was def my favorite which we still play with friends from time to time.
uhhh... Warcraft 3.
also star wars bounty hunter on the ps2.
and armored core, but i was never able to get very far in it because there were too many details.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Favorite childhood games?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus