Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Storm (Closed)

The Archerson Brothers (played by strawberry_champion) Topic Starter

Cedric glared harshly, but he wasn't an idiot- fighting back would only make things worse, not to mention possibly endangering the lives of Raed, or this strange Knight who helped them.

So he let out a soft exhale, submitting quietly. Cedric allowed himself to be bound, his eyes flicking to the cart where Raed was, "I'm terribly sorry about all of this, Raed...I promise, I'll make this all right. With or without Jason...." his throat tightened has he said without, the rest of the phrase coming out as a raspy whisper. The young male shut his eyes as they walked, thinking quietly to himself- it seemed the Prince was back to normal, the sudden burst of stupidity having run through his system. Now, he was plotting, and when his vibrant eyes opened, there was a calm determination in them, and a smile tugged at the edges of his mouth.

Well there went the smile. Jason's eyes got big and round, and he cleared his throat slightly, "Er...yeah...a random boat doesn't sound nice at all..." The prince straightened up, absentmindedly playing with the loose strands of hair beside his face- the long braid had come undone, but it wouldn't stop him from twisting the hair between his fingers, thinking. About what? Oh no, nothing in particular- he wasn't a very deep thinker usually, and he was probably thinking about just what exactly they could do to sneak him into such a place.

"Dicon is nothing like this place...I can already tell, my brother would've loved to meet you. He's more into the arcane, but any kind of knowledge is his kind of knowledge. He'd make a great King if I wasn't the one in line for the throne." Jason let out a short laugh, letting his hand drop down to his side as his friendly smile turned to the guard, "Er...I'm not to well known for my bright thinking, so do either of you have any ideas? I promise I won't play any tricks, I don't have a weapon and there's no way you could get me to touch any kind of magic, not anymore."
The Hanged Man (played anonymously)

The Hanged Man limped to the cart as instructed, struggling at times to find footholds in the shifting sand. He could already hear bits of it grinding in the joints of his armor. He looked mildly at Raed, dipping his chin to her politely. It would do well to get along with his fellow captives, after all.

When the cart started moving, so too did the stranger. The limp wasn't faked, though perhaps he did accentuate it a bit to justify keeping hold of his shield. Though he looked placid, his green eyes darted to and fro in constant search for an opening. He made sure to keep track of which of the bandits was holding onto his falchion.
Prince Opal Draldo (played by Thekaleidoscope)

At the look in Jason's eyes, Opal immediately became crestfallen, he had no idea what had happened before to cause the prince to wash up on these shores, but he had a clue, the way he arrived and the look in the man's eyes at the mention of a random boat all pointed to one thing: A shipwreck. At the realisation, the prince became even more resolved to sneak the other into the palace, added to everything else he now wanted to make sure this stranger was spared another traumatic incident.

It was a strange thought, he recognised for him of all people to be having, most times adhering to proper law and attitudes was the number one priority that ran throughout his life, he'd pushed so many people away, admittedly with a heavy heart, but he'd still done it. Now here he was thinking of a way to risk so much of his reputation to sneak this stranger into the royal palace just to satisfy his own curiosity.

Before he could go any further down that line of thinking Jason spoke once again and the obsession Opal had with learning everything he could about this mysterious prince kicked in once more. Any information no matter how small he could tease out was going to be treasured as valuable, this was after all, practically his first real contact with the outside world. "I ... know quite a bit about magic," He sighed before looking out to sea past the prince for a second. "But to tell you the truth, I prefer simply exploring ... not that I've done much of it. Does abdication not exist where you come from?"

It was in that second that an idea struck him, one so outlandish that he would never have considered it under any other circumstance, yet here he was about to do something very, very, stupid. He looked around for a few seconds, at the guard, then back down at his feet and yet no better idea presented itself. He sighed and took a deep shaky breath before turning back to the prince infront of him. "I can't believe I'm about to do this." He whispered under his breath.

"Jason... I have an idea ... before you say anything, this is the only way that I'm going to be able to sneak you in. There are some tunnels beneath the palace, which I've found lead in and out for those looking for a way ... the only problem is they're usually quite well watched or patrolled. So I need you to tie me up and gag me, while I direct you by pointing the way. That way if we get caught as my kidnapper, according to our laws I still get to decide what happens to you..." He trailed off, half in disbelief at his own words and half to check if the other prince was still listening to him. He was putting so much trust in a stranger to get this plan

Taking a deep breath once more to steady himself he went on, speaking over any concerns that his guard was about to raise. "You need to make it look convincing, hopefully, I will be able to simply point the right way there, but this is necessary for you in case we .... don't make it back to my room, it's this or the boat. I ... don't want that. ...please. My guard will follow at a distance and do his best to distract others, but ... this is the only way to be sure."

He looked at the ground, the usual control which went into every muscle of his face was gone and as he removed the headband which neatly tied his hair back in a ponytail and tossed it to Jason, the embarrassment was plain on his face as his hair fell in long waves down around his head. The embarrassment didn't fade as he quickly looped some coils of rope from his pouch and deposited them at Jasons' feet, before looking up into the other's eyes with a gaze of resolute desperation. "Do it!"
Raedun Raun (played by Forta-ver)

Raed listened a time - to the words of the younger Dicon, to the somewhat rhythmic struggle of the shield-bearer, to the raiders and the chains and the road - and decided she wasn't quite pissed enough to leave everything to chance.

"Y'know, this is prob'ly insensitive, but I'm gonna be reaaal mad if your brother turns out fine. I was serious when I said I'd fight him."

She struggled to sit up and failed. The attempt had her kick the sides of the cart and her uncoordinated wriggling bounced her chained wrists (and shoulders and knees) against a chest and other bits of salvage. Not all of it seemed to have come from their ship, but she saw no other captives, which was disheartening. An extra body or two could have been helpful in a pinch.

The cart itself didn't leave her much to go on, either, but a wiggling from one of the sideboards seemed promising enough. Maybe there would be other places this well-used cart was showing wear... Actually working it loose, though, would be an adventure, and she could only reach it with her feet, impaired as she was. It was something to keep in mind, but nothing she could act on anytime soon.

For now, she gave up on investigating and settled back, trying to prop herself up on something that would keep her head from bouncing off the floor every time they hit a rut in the road. A thick coil of rope helped on that front; as uncomfortable a position as it was, she managed to be somewhat stable leaning against it.

Finally satisfied with her efforts, she grinned - lopsided and lazy despite everything going on. "So which 'a you runs this pack 'a vultures?"
((OOC - are we continuing with this RP or should we consider it dormant/discontinued??))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Storm (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus