Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » "Sorting" PMs

Hey, Oaky here. I'm back again with another idea! (I'm just full of these, huh?)

I just realized something that could be cool. A "search bar" that could help sort out PMs?

The use for this could be very practical. In the past, I've had many instances of looking for PMs from a certain person. Seeing as how many people don't like to name their subjects for PMs, and there is no real sorting method, I think it would be useful to at least have a search bar for sorting through PMs to avoid the tedious method of clicking through every page until you find the one you're looking for.

I don't really delete PMs, but I figured that that was going to be a suggestion to "fix" a cluttered PM box.

I think that would be especially useful in case you forget something about an RP that was previously discussed via PM with someone. Simply search for their username and voila! You can just browse through those until you find the one you want!

Cheers,

~Oaky
Kim Site Admin

This is planned, as are a ton of other upgrades to the PM system. :) Unfortunately it is trapped behind a bunch of needed upgrades to groups... At least we're getting through the list slowly but surely this year. :)
Oaky Topic Starter

Okay, cool! :)
Oaky, for now you can use the neat 'folders' option and sort your PM RPs and important PMs into those :D
Oaky Topic Starter

CelestinaGrey wrote:
Oaky, for now you can use the neat 'folders' option and sort your PM RPs and important PMs into those :D

Yes, but that's so tedious and it takes so much... *shudder* Work! XD

You're right I suppose.

~Oaky
Kim Site Admin

Oaky wrote:
CelestinaGrey wrote:
Yes, but that's so tedious and it takes so much... *shudder* Work! XD

Yes. I want them to be draggable in future. Part of planned upgrades! Eeehehehe!
While we're on the subject of PMs, if I may take a moment to ask my own inquiry:

Is there a reason (besides 'it hasn't been implemented') that PMs I send to others can't be moved out of the Sent section? I'd like to be able to move things such as IC-letters my characters initiated with the PM system to their own folder, but I can't since I'm the one who started the correspondence in the first place!
Kim Site Admin

Copper_Dragon wrote:
While we're on the subject of PMs, if I may take a moment to ask my own inquiry:

Is there a reason (besides 'it hasn't been implemented') that PMs I send to others can't be moved out of the Sent section?

No.

I mean, yes, because the database structure of PMs is a lot more mind bending than it should be and needs to be cleaned up, but these are all just reasons why it hasn't been implemented yet, not why it won't be solved in future.
Ah, alright then! :3 Thank you for answering that, Kim! My curiosity has been satisfied (and I'm sorry if that emphasis in my post came off a little harsh--I wasn't intending for it to at all) <3
Kim Site Admin

Copper_Dragon wrote:
(and I'm sorry if that emphasis in my post came off a little harsh--I wasn't intending for it to at all) <3

Not in the least, my friend! :)

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » "Sorting" PMs

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus