Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Blood Moon

Shinia (played by FireBlaze22)

Shinia grabbed her knife. She stalked the elder elk for miles and this was the time to strike. Suddenly, she tripped on a root sticking up from the bumpy ground. The elk raised its head and stared right at her hiding place. There goes another one! she thought as she watched it dash past.
"Wait... what type of moon is it tonight?" she asked herself, "Blood moon!"

Quickly, she stumbled up the slope into her small hut at the top. Staring at the sun, she rubbed her arms. She was terrified! A blood moon meant death to her! When it was Blood Moon her deadly wolf spirit took over and she remembered nothing but every other full moon she was fine. Slowly, the sun went down.
"Please! Stay up!" she begged, "Please! I don't want it to be Blood Moon!"
Shinia looked away from the sun and sighed. Here we go... time for the crazy wolf she thought.

The Blood Moon's had been strange lately, every two weeks on monday there had been one. This was weird. Not only the Blood Moon's but full moons too! Every day there has been a full moon... what was happening?
Shay had been hearing weird reports of the moon being stuck in its full phase so he'd come to take a look himself. He was a hunter of both vampires and werewolves, and so he was never without a few items: holy water, a super soaker water gun, a few wooden stakes, and of course a silver knife and some silver-tipped crossbow bolts should he encounter a werewolf.

His long dark coat was wrapped warmly around him though he didn't need it; he'd been outside, camping, to keep an eye on the moon and it had been odd--he hadn't seen the normal shadow indicating a waning moon. For the moment his water gun was slung over his back, the hand-held crossbow hanging down by his side, cocked but with no arrow in it; and the quiver of silver-tipped bolts at his side.

So far it seemed fine--and then he saw the small hut not too far away. "Who could possibly live out here?" he murmured, heading for the hut at a good pace. With any luck, he'd make it before the sun set completely.
Shinia (played by FireBlaze22) Topic Starter

Shinia heard footsteps and in a hurry leapt behind the couch not wanting to be seen.

When the Blood Moon was highest in the sky she would turn into a wolf and that would mean death for her or for the person who was coming closer. Baring her teeth, she got out her knife and pointed it at the unlocked door, "Why didn't i lock it!" she whispered to herself.

As the footsteps got closer she began to panic, she was about to run out of the door but the footsteps had stopped, "They're gone... who ever they were!" she sighed in relief

rolled 8d10 and got 44
rawr

Shay approached cautiously, and then paused outside the door, double checking his instruments. He wasn't sure what was inside but he wanted to be prepared for anything.

He lifted his hand and knocked three times. "Hello? I'm sorry to interrupt you, but I've got a few questions..."

His eyes scanned the front of the hut and searched the ground for marks and footprints. Mostly what he saw was signs of human habitation, that was good, right?

He'd try the handle next if there wasn't an answer from the inside.

Shinia shivered in fright in her hiding place, "G-go a-w-way!" she shouted and held her knees to her chest. What if he is a hunter? she thought, he might find out what i really am a try to kill me! Shinia glared at the door. Her bright blue eyes blinked a couple of times as she just watched to see what would happen.

The young werewolf looked out the window to see the moon wasn't red. False alarm! Must be tomorrow... and how come the moon wasn't full? Strange... it was meant to be a full moon EVERY night. Maybe that was coming to an end! Maybe there will be the blood moon every couple thousand years! she sighed with relief. Eventhough, she was OK for tonight she still hid.
Shay flinched and stopped with his hand on the doorhandle. He'd only just started to open it, but the girl's voice on the other side warned him against it.

"Look, I don't mean you harm--I just want to ask you some questions. About the moon," he added. But he sighed and backed off. He wasn't such a jerk that he would enter another person's house without consent. "Do you...live alone? Or is there someone else I can talk with?"

He wasn't leaving just yet. And he glanced up at the sky to see the moon. Oh wait...was that a shadow indicating its waning? But that didn't necessarily mean anything. He sighed and rubbed his face which was scarred from his right temple across his nose to his left cheek. "Please? I just want to talk."

"F-fine..." she sighed and got up. She was just about to open the door but leant her head against it, "And yes... i do live alone..."

Shini opened the door and looked at Shay, "Now, what do you want?" she said with a slight change of personality, "Ask me then!" She wasn't all scared anymore but aggressive. Her wolf instincts had just kicked in. Lone wolves don't tolerate strangers.

She flicked her brown hair and raised an eyebrow. This was the wrong time...

Shinia glared at Shay almost like she was going to attack. Putting her hands in her pocket, she lay her shoulder on the door.
Shay threw his hands up to show they were empty, forgetting about the crossbow although it was pointed harmlessly upwards now. It was also still unloaded. "Hey, easy, I'm not looking for trouble--well, actually, in a way I am-" he stopped himself there, paused, took a breath, and then let his eyes take in the girl's appearance.

He was actually taller than her, by a few inches. Hey, every little bit helped. Right, that wasn't the point.

"I've been hearing reports of the moon--have you noticed any strange things happening out here? More wolf activity or anything? Have the elk been acting funny?" They might have been innocent questions to the casual observer, but to a hunter such as him, these were crucial. "...How long have you been living out here anyway?" She didn't look old enough to be living on her own.

Her eyes narrowed but when she heard, More wolf activity she froze.

She looked at him then looked at his shoes, "They're untied..." she said the looked up, "Sorry.."

Putting her hands behind her back she sighed, "Yeah... the elk have been acting funny, they taste better than they- um i haven't noticed anything!"

Then for the last question she looked at the ground, "I've been living here since my parents left me for- never mind that dosn't matter..."

Rolling her eyes, forgot that her gun was in her boot. That might make him leave... she thought but then stopped, i'd be stupid to pull a gun out on an innocent man... She then put on a smile and held out a hand, "Im Shinia, you?" she asked kindly trying not attack with the aggressiveness of a lone wolf.
Shay looked down at his shoes even though he'd been certain they were tied earlier. "What-" he looked up again when she mentioned the elk...though he didn't do more than blink at her statement. Of course she ate elk! What else would she eat? Grass?

He sighed. She was obviously just not used to conversing with strangers. No harm there. He relaxed, the last vestiges of wariness easing from his frame and he offered a smile at her introduction.

"Shay," he said, "it's a pleasure to meet you, Shinia--and sorry for the earlier scare. I just wanted to be sure all was well before I send word to the town proper that they're overreacting. And seeing as how the moon is on the mend, they don't have too much to fear." He knelt down, placing the crossbow to the side as he checked his laces, knotting them one more time for good measure. He was practically OCD about that. "There, no untied laces now."

He regained his feet. "Well, I suppose if that's all...I should be going. Thanks for your help."

"Wait!" she cried then coughed, "Ahem... would you like to come in? Like to hang out or something... i dont really have any, you know... friends. Plus no one ever dares come up here, and they have a reason... they say that-" she was about to say that she was a werewolf, "That a horrible wolf prowls this place at night... i always hear the panting and the howls."

She then went back inside and went into a small area covered by curtains. Then she came out with a picture in her hand.

"This is it..." she sighed and showed the picture to him. It was of a large brown wolf with bright blue eyes, "I call it Shi," she said, "Cos i looks a bit like me!"
Shay hadn't exactly turned to leave but he couldn't hide the grin that crossed his scarred face. "Hang out? I wouldn't mind." He looked down at his arsenal of stuff before Shinia was pacing back to a room cut off from view with curtains. A shrine perhaps? He didn't know.

He frowned when she mentioned a wolf prowling around. "What's it look like--oh." He studied the picture intently. It didn't look sick, quite the opposite, it looked healthy given the bright eyes. "Does it ever threaten to attack you? Or the hut? Has it stolen food from you?" he was trying to assess whether it was a regular lone wolf or something more than that. He looked back up, meeting her eyes. "If it's a pest, I can take care of it for you."

"Once when i was out, it got in and trashed the place..." she lied, "Look, there're claw marks on the wall over here!" she walked to a wall next to the curtains. The claw marks weren't a normal wolf claw mark but a vast wolf with razor-like claws, "That was on a Blood Moon... when it was a terrifying thing. The Blood Moon has some kind of affect on it." she said not taking her eyes of the marks.

She then looked back and smiled, "It's no pest thanks." she grinned, "But you might want to meet it on a full moon perhaps. It won't harm you on a full moon but it is afraid of hunters, humans and of course the late night blood sucker- vampire bats."
Shay walked over to inspect the claw marks, spreading his hands to see how large the paws would have been. They were big for a wolf. "You said it got in? How?" He looked around and then reached for the curtain to draw it back. He paused when Shinia mentioned of the Blood Moon. "When it turns red, right?"

Shay grimaced. "Well then it'll probably steer clear of your place for the forseeable future. I'm a hunter." Not that it wasn't obvious already. "It's already picked up my scent more than likely. What are the curtains for anyway?"

(Sorry for very late reply)

Shinia looked at him, "A hunter, really?" she asked then replied to the question, "It's where i keep my valuables... the wolf NEVER gets in here!"

Looking at her hands she sighed, "What do you do if it was a werewolf?" she questioned, "Would you like kill it?"

"Yes, when it turns red and it got in because my door is never locked... the lock broke years ago, my dad left before he could repair it."

(By the way, if i mention Ebony i'm sorry because she is my other werewolf!)
(ooc: That's fine. :) The joys of having similar characters!)

Shay nodded. "It's a necessary act--to keep people safe. Especially in the city it can be a huge problem. Out here, however..." he glanced out a window, "it'd be nothing more than a pest."

He winced. "I can fix the lock for you, if you'd like. It's not safe to stay alone without proper security, especially if there is a werewolf around." He hadn't quite concluded she was a werewolf--mostly because the moon was up and she hadn't given him much reason to suspect her yet.

Shinia's eyes widened, he knew it was a werewolf! She looked around and then thought of something to say. She smiled, "No, it's fine! It doesn't come round here on Blood Moon's anymore!" she then changed the subject, "you thirsty? I have Apple Juice, wi-, Meat dr- and Coke..." she turned and put a hand to her head, why am i so stupid?

Quickly she went behind the curtains and sat on a comfy pillow which lay on the floor. Shinia brung her knees to her chest and lay her head on them.
Shay frowned. "If you're sure..." It was possible another hunter had come out and taken care of the problem already--but he might linger anyway to double-check that this was the case. Not that he wanted to camp for a month, but if he needed to stay for that long, he would. He just hoped it would be worth it in the long run.

He shrugged. "I wouldn't mind a drink of water." Really her suggestions threw him. Meat dr--what? He shook his head and chalked it up to the fact she still wasn't used to company. "Just water is fine," he called after her when she went behind the curtain.

In the meantime, he would fix up her lock. He went over to inspect it. Was it metal or wooden? A key-lock or a bolt-lock? And did it require a full on replacement or could he jury-rig it to work?

Shinia sighed and poured water into a cup. She then set it on the floor and thought. What if he finds out what i really am? Will he try and kill me? Will he hate me for it? Or will he just ignore me?

Picking up the glass, she got up and came out from behind the curtain. She set the water on the table and looked at him, "It was made of wood and it was a bolt-lock..."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Blood Moon

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus