Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Click click click click

I got no clue why I didn't contemplate this sooner. But I have an idea for people like me who do most of their work on their characters from a smart phone. Obviously to add a widget to a characters page one needs to click and drag. If there's a way to do that from my phone I ain't found it yet. So for people in situations like mine how bout an option get added where one could doble click on the widget as well? And too benefit everyone an additional option for rearranging the order the widgets are on the pages in case they wanna change things up? It'll save them the trouble of having to fettle everything and instead they can just be like 'Ok...I'll move this section of info to here.'. Just a couple of thoughts that crossed my mind.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I have mentioned this issue to Kim because I've noticed the iPad has the same problem with adding and moving widgets.

An alternate method of rearranging might work by having a list and using numbers to edit the order of the widgets. Placing a widget though, that's a tricky one.
Hurricane_Lance Topic Starter

I wonder if Apple has considered these issues and are perhaps incorporating updates to allow click and dragging on iPhones and iPads.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Supposedly their next big announcement will be a big overhaul of iOS. But the same problem exists with Android (although my phone uses an old version) too.

Hopefully they took some of these factors into account then.
Or just make an App. xD RPR APP That... would... be... awesome!
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Oh no! I can see Kim stealing my iPad to test that...

Shhh...less the Kim queen gains ideas that shall involve the possible theft of smart phones and iPads.
Kim Site Admin

Unfortunately, smart phones do offer some major design challenges.

I don't currently have plans to support smart phones 1 to 1 in the same way as the site. Nor do I have the resources to develop a separate phone app, much less several phone apps for all the different mobile operating systems out there.

I know phones are lovely and fun, but most days I'm barely treading water on keeping up with the development requirements for just the regular website. At some point in the future I may well go back and add more phone-specific functionality, but to have to add that into development requirements for the present would slow development to a crawl.

Sorry! Hopefully smart phone technology and my development cycle will eventually meet in the middle to make editing by phone easier.

Rest easy Darth for this means your iPad is safe for now.
I had to teest this even though you already said it didn't work on droids... I was like... Droid 2d2 is different! Apparently not so.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Lance2011 wrote:
Rest easy Darth for this means your iPad is safe for now.

Safe from Kim at least. I have my eye on you. :)

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Click click click click

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus