Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Of Demons and Angels (Open!)

Avior Sephrim (played by Zeronight)

Avior flew behind a large-ish piece of debris while one of the shadow beings slashed his wing, causing it to bleed and resulting in some of his feathers being hacked violently off and him smashing violently into the ground. He turns around to look at the shadow, and he shuffled back, clutching his injured wing. He was dirty, now unable to escape as well. dodged nimbly as the shadow tried to slice him again, but he heard something SNAP and then felt an incredible burst of pain in his left arm, causing him to fall down. He looked back up at the shadow soldier and saw its wavering form, it raising its sword high above its head. Although his left arm was broken, he was able to materialize a light arrow and stab the shadow soldier right before it attacked him, causing it to explode violently. He collapsed on a heap on the broken floor, breathing heavily as the other shadow soldiers advanced. He couldn't stop any more, that last arrow took the last of his strength. These things had come out of nowhere, and just started attacking people in the city.

Silvestria was under attack.

But by what?
Danniel Riley (played by EonRising)

Danniel had watched the scuffle from the shadows of an alley. Her dress was torn in several places and her face was dirty. There were several cuts all over her arms and her eyes wide with fear.
After seeing Avion fall, she whimpered and ran out for just a moment and pulled him into the shelter of the alley.
Jayce Willow (played by Freyya)

Ezra witnessed the scene with squinted eyes, trying to estimate the power that drove these shadow warriors. After seeing that arrow explode however, she was pretty sure she could handle herself.
She jumped down to street level and unstrapped the giant broadsword from her back, holding it out before her with both hands. It probably looked odd, seeing a small 14 year old girl with a broadsword more than twice her height, but she didn't care. It was her weapon of choice and she was good with it.
A faint light surrounded the blade as a shadow warrior charged at her. She sidestepped, and her darkness seeking blade cleaved through its body, absorbing its very essence. What remained of the creature collapsed and burned up.
Dante Ricci (played by Ambrosia)

Danny was nearby and felt the demonic energy from a block away "a party without me? No we can't have that" he said with a smile. He ran down the street and looked around for any activity and was just In time to see Ezra chop up a shadow warrior. Danny licked his lips "so many demon souls... Mmm"

He pulled out his scythe and charged at some shadow warriors slicing away at some of them. One shadow warrior was able to get up behind him and thrust it's blade at Danny but Danny turned quickly enough to use his holstered guns on his back to deflect the blade and put his scythe's blade through the bottom of it's chin putting it straight through to the top of his head.

Each shadow warrior he killed released a red orb which he sucked in to his body.

The young demon huntress noted Daniel's presence, but ignored him. He wasn't a magic user nor a demon, so she had no reason to engage him. She'd have to ask him about those orbs though... She moved in as well, her greatsword swinging around from one side to the other, never failing to hit her intended target. It wasn't long until the last shadow warrior fell.

"Wherever they came from, this is it for these. We're safe for now."

Danny threw his scythe onto his shoulder and looked around in disappointment as he saw that all the shadow warriors had been defeated. "That was fun, the devil inside of me is relieved but I'm not..." He leaned onto a nearby wall and looked at the others "name's Danny" he said lighting up a cigarette "nice form by the way" he said looking at Ezra "I was working a case until I heard the noise from half a block up"

"Wait." Ezra rose her hand. "What was that about 'the devil inside you'?" She narrowed her eyes as she gazed over at Daniel, never releasing grip on her blade.

Danny smiled "exactly what I said, why?" He puffed on the cigarette "from my dad's side at least"

Ezra just looked at him. "Keep in control." she replied, before he went back to the alley where the two strangers were hiding. "You can come out, it's safe."

The coyote girl whimpered and held Avion close, not daring to leave. She knew these strangers wouldn't hurt her but she was rooted to the spot now that the adrenaline rush had passed.
Avior Sephrim (played by Zeronight) Topic Starter

Avoid looked at the strangers. He hadn't seen them before, who were they? They had eliminated the remaining shadows, but were they on his side? He looked behind him to see a coyote girl, and he quickly shuffled back against the wall of the alleyway. He hadn't seen this person before either, and he didn't know why she was right there. He clutched his bloody and mangled wing, nearly torn in two. He could still feel the pain of his broken arm as well, the pain still making it feel like it was on fire.He tried to retrieve his bow, which was still on his back, but another explosion of pain greeted him when he tried to do so. He gritted his teeth and shuffled against the wall a little further. "Who are you?" He managed to say.

"Ezra, I'm a kal'vokr." Maybe Avion had heard of her kind - humans who traveled in clans and fought magic and demonkind wherever they could find it so they could cleanse the lands. Normally, 14 year olds wouldn't be wandering the lands though, the young girl was an exception.

"Uh...Huh." Avior says. He thinks he may have heard of the species before, but couldn't recall much about them. Blood dripped from his wing, the crimson liquid making some of his few white feathers dye red. He tries to grab his bow again, this time grabbing it and having it rest on his lap. He looks at the kal'vokr and sees her broadsword. He remembers his wing being cleaved and shudders.

Ezra ignored his sudden disgust of the blade and just straps it to her back, seemingly carrying it effortlessly. "How did an angel end up in all this mess?"

Avoid looks at Ezra out of the corner of his eye, and says, "I'm not an angel." He says as he grips his bow tightly with his good arm. "I was protecting the town."

Ezra frowned. "you're not?" she thought for a second, but couldn't recall encountering anything other than angels with wings like that. "I'll help you out. I'm here to hunt demons and the like, I can probably assist."

Danniel watched the interaction silently, holding her knees to her chest, her tail between her legs. She had no idea what to say or do now. She wasn't special like these people were. She wasn't a fighter or a demon slayer or some odd, never heard of species. She was just a poor peasant girl caught in the middle of something terrible.

Avior pushed himself up to a wall to a more comfortable position. The blood beginning to stop flowing, he looked at the three strangers. He recalled seeing the coyotee girl at some time before. Despite his normal shy nature, his condition pressed more. "I'm an Etilite. I doubt you have heard of us. We're a sort of animal-human, viewed as freaks of nature." He looks at the girl again and says, "Are you alright?" curiously and cautiously. "Is that where you live, down there?" He says, pointing his head in the direction of the nearest villiage.

He looks to the man who called himself Danny, then Ezra. "Why did you help?" He asked the two of them.

"It is the kal'vokr's life and duty to hunt all demonkind and cleanse the world of the great darkness. All dangerous..." she looked at Daniel with warning written all over her face. "... Demonkind. I know I'm younger than the regular lone kal'vokr, but I was ready. I'm tasked to hunt and kill a demon overlord."

Now that the majority of the pain had subsided, his shy nature wanted to fly up higher, but he knew that was not an option, looking at his torn wing. "I don't think that I should be sticking my nose in your business, but why were you tasked that?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Of Demons and Angels (Open!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus