Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hey Hey Hey

Hey everyone! Gizmo here. I've been RPing for several years now, but I'm trying to find new partners and find a niche in the community. I can't wait to see what this site has to offer~
Sanne Moderator

Hi Gizmo!! :) Welcome to RPR! I already like you for putting Tron and Marble Hornets as things you like on your profile. <3 I happen to be a huge fan of both myself!

Where have you RPed before, and what sort of themes do you tend to go for? :)
GizmoTuring Topic Starter

Sanne wrote:
Hi Gizmo!! :) Welcome to RPR! I already like you for putting Tron and Marble Hornets as things you like on your profile. <3 I happen to be a huge fan of both myself!

Where have you RPed before, and what sort of themes do you tend to go for? :)

AAAAAHHH ANOTHER TRON AND MARBLE HORNETS FAN!! That makes me so happy.

Really, I'm more of a 1x1 player than anything else. I've RPed via private messaging on deviantART, YouTube, Tumblr, Skype, AIM, you name it! I did some forum RPing waaaaaay back when I was 12-13 at MLPArena, and I currently am participating in a group RP via Google Docs.

As for themes, I really like exploring the inner workings of characters in power. I also LOVE putting characters through situations that will make them break, so you can see who the character really is in the end. Anything with science-fiction or horror, and I'm there. Shipping doesn't hurt either, haha.
Sounds like you RP a lot. Call me Chaotic or Death. :D If you ever need to try out a character or you just want to RP, ask. I'll help with any questions the best I can and everyone here will help since we're all friendly here. ^_^
Sanne Moderator

GizmoTuring wrote:

YES! I started watching Marble Hornet years ago when they had maybe 20 entries out, or less. I can't recall fully. XD I'm still keeping tabs on the new entries while the plot thickens.

I also love both the original and sequel of Tron! The CG work in the original is fantastic for its time, but I also enjoy the work they did on the new one. (And the new one features music by and cameos Daft Punk, who I am fangirling over since the early 2000's XD) Do you have a preference or do you like them equally?

I totally understand liking 1x1. :) It's my preferred choice of RP too, mainly because it's so hard to keep track of everyone's actions and dialogue in group roleplays for me. I tend to forget things and leave them out, and then people get upset. It can also be quite a drain when one or more people don't post regularly or out of order, making things confusing. x.x

And your choice of genre is intriguing too! I love reading horror and playing horror games, but I never seem able to quite make them work in roleplays. How do you roleplay horror? Are there specific elements that are prominent and make it horror?
GizmoTuring Topic Starter

Sanne wrote:
GizmoTuring wrote:

YES! I started watching Marble Hornet years ago when they had maybe 20 entries out, or less. I can't recall fully. XD I'm still keeping tabs on the new entries while the plot thickens.

I also love both the original and sequel of Tron! The CG work in the original is fantastic for its time, but I also enjoy the work they did on the new one. (And the new one features music by and cameos Daft Punk, who I am fangirling over since the early 2000's XD) Do you have a preference or do you like them equally?

I totally understand liking 1x1. :) It's my preferred choice of RP too, mainly because it's so hard to keep track of everyone's actions and dialogue in group roleplays for me. I tend to forget things and leave them out, and then people get upset. It can also be quite a drain when one or more people don't post regularly or out of order, making things confusing. x.x

And your choice of genre is intriguing too! I love reading horror and playing horror games, but I never seem able to quite make them work in roleplays. How do you roleplay horror? Are there specific elements that are prominent and make it horror?

Nice! I just started watching it about a year ago, myself.

As far as the movies go, I like them both equally! They both have their merits and their flaws, and of course, the stunning visuals! *swoons* I think my ABSOLUTE favorite bit of the Tron franchise is Uprising. Such beautiful animation, music, and characters. It's just a beautiful show and I love it to pieces.

Thanks! When I go for something horror-related, it's usually body horror or surreal horror, and I really like incorporating eldritch monsters into plots. Usually I try write things as visually as I can, and base my characters' reactions off of raw emotion, whether it be shock, fear, etc. I don't think I'm well-learned enough to explain it properly, really. XD

And thank you, Death! I really appreciate the warm welcome.
Hello! ^_^ Pleasure to meet you, Gizmo! ^_^ Call me Usagi or Bunny! hehe ^_^ Anyways, if you wanna rp hit me up! I'm always willing to rp!
Welcome! I'm Hooke, as it says on the tin. Nice to see another fan of horror RP knocking about. P;
-Tips awesome fedora that came out of nowhere- Hello, gizmo. (Great name, btw) as you can see, the people here are quite friendly. Just thought I'd pop in and say hello. I like steampunk and fantasy rp, in case you wanna join in. PS: You can just call me Zero; Zeronight; something similar. Actually, scratch that. Just Zero or Zeronight.
Kim Site Admin

HI! Welcome to the site! I hope it's been living up to your expectations thus far. :)

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hey Hey Hey

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus