Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Adventurers' Quest! -Closed Topic-

Foxy tried to sleep, but she couldn't sleep at all.
Dylan Sylus (played by Laydrin_Conarsis)

Dylan's eyes.widen at the injured fox. He follows them to the room and sits on the bed next to him. "You poor thing." He has pity and sympathy in his voice and his posture indicate he is worried, as his touch his gently when he softly strokes her head.
~

All of a sudden, the redheaded girl burst through the door with a bleeding foxborn leaning on her shoulder. The strong, bitter scent of blood engulfed his nose along with.. something terribly familiar.
"Looks like there are some wolves on the road, if we are heading out anytime, we should keep that in mind," the fair red-haired girl spoke, hauling the beaten vixen up the stairs. Randle growled under his breath and waited until the sound of footsteps faded away a little. Those wolves weren't ordinary wolves, because those glorified mutts didn't kill or injure for pleasure. And with the vixen literally reeking of the scent of the dreaded Sage Dires, the sleuth concluded that the poor wounded foxborn revealed that those hairy bandits were still afflicting the generally peaceful Woods.
"I'll bet this is the Sage Dire's work, their stench is all over her. How about we talk to the dame first and pay these mutts a visit. Y'know, for old time's sake," Randle suggested. He was starting to feel lively again, or at least, as lively as you should feel when someone just came in nearly bleeding to death. Though this wouldn't be much of a brainteaser, the attempted murder on the mysterious vixen would be a decent case to get back into business with.
Auren Corvelon Aldor (played anonymously)

Auren raised an eyebrow. "That old coot? Well, I'll not say no.... After all, she did run away from my blade. In fact, I would love to join you- after all, you're gonna need help with those bandits...

The smell of blood... it tasted delicious... Auren had to shove that thought into the back of his mind. Thinking of blood that way is bad. It's not human. He had to focus on more pressing matters...
Vilmarys Nesheim (played by AdoniVae) Topic Starter

I nod, "The poor lass is terribly injured, I think it's best we wait for her to heal up a little bit more before interrogating her." I notice Dylan had gone up there with her, "OK, well at least don't crowd her, she is exhausted." I walk up the stairs but stop, "If you want to ask her, come on up." I smile and wave my hand as a gesture to follow. I walk into the room and see Dylan over her, "Be careful, as you can see, she is hurt quite bad. Those wolves did a number on her." I sit at the table in the corner and grab a book to start reading.

He growls deeply at Vil, looking up at her viciously. "You think?" He looks back down at the vixen softly. "It'll be OK." He continues to do his calming gesture. "Where did they go?"
Lyra (played by EterniGhost)

Lyra follows Vil to the fox. When she hears that it was a wolf, her ears perked up. "Do you remember what the wolf looked like?" she asked gently, not wanting to scare the animal more than she was. She smelled blood, and suddenly got hungry, but surpressed the thoughts. She could get food elsewhere.
"They were black and white" Said Foxy

"Alright. We're they super big?" His voice is soft and warm.
"They were about my size" Said Foxy

Auren held in a sigh of exasperation. Black and white... That was all? He knew it would make Randle's job easier if he had more information, so therefore....

"Anything else? Were the wolves frothing at the mouth? Were there people with the wolves? What was the pattern of black and white? Where did the wolves head after they attacked you- if you can remember."

A vague description was essentially useless.... Auren held his irritation in. Maybe that's why Randle was the detective, and he was the duelist... Auren knew that he would have gone insane with uncooperative witnesses.
"They were, and they ran twords a place, but I don't know what the place was" Said Foxy

Dylan looks at the man who begs for more information. "Hey OK we're done. We're probably over whelming her. We can ask tomorrow when she is a bit better."
Foxy looked at her side and groaned a bit in pain.

He turned to the man rebuking him. "Yes, I'm certain she is overwhelmed. However... every second we wait here, is another second for the bandits to attack another person. Be aware of that. However, you are right... she'll be more comprehensible when she has some rest. Unless Randle has anything to say?"

At that, he turned to his partner. Admittedly, he probably took his role of questioning, but Auren liked to have information. Perhaps a bit too much... Besides, Randle would probably be much better at questioning, now that Auren thinks about it in hindsight..

Another matter in mind... "Does anyone have a wrap or anything to stop the blood?"
"I can't sleep at all, because of all the pain I'm having" Said Foxy
~

"That old coot? Well, I'll not say no.... After all, she did run away from my blade. In fact, I would love to join you- after all, you're gonna need help with those bandits..." That was what he wanted to hear. Sure, he used to solve cases on his own, but with a partner at his side, solutions and revelations came twice as fast and even interrogations went way smoother when Auren was around.
"The poor lass is terribly injured, I think it's best we wait for her to heal up a little bit more before interrogating her." And let the bandits roam freely? Not on his watch. Randle followed the redheaded gal upstairs, paying close attention to small lines of blood on the floor. If the Dires had hit an artery, the ground would've been covered in a lot of blood drops, thanks to the blood squirt, which was not the case, luckily for the vixen.
He tried to sniff out anything else, but before he could come up with anything, the girl had already lead them into the room the vixen stayed in. The Husk inhaled the scent of fresh blood, along with some truly disgusting Sage Dire aroma.

Meanwhile, Dylan and the lupine girl sat by the vixen's bed, asking some basic questions he ought to ask again later. Then Auren asked for more information, including the specific traits of a Sage Dire: foaming mouths, accompanied by Beastmasters and-..
Bingo. The fox uttered: "They were, and they ran towards a place, but I don't know what the place was.." And that was all they needed. The Woods were big, but not big enough to conceal an entire den of Beastmasters and their minions. After all, the Sage Dires were named about the people that controlled them, the wolves themselves were as dumb as your regular mutt.
"Hey OK we're done. We're probably over whelming her. We can ask tomorrow when she is a bit better." Dylan commanded. No. They weren't. The vixen was suffering from flesh wounds, her organs were still functioning perfectly and the only reason why she felt so horrible was because of the pain. Of course, Randle didn't like to interrogate a person who was suffering that much, but the Sage Dires were still on the move and time was their enemy right now. All the cases that had involved the Dires involved mauled corpses and no witnesses, so by the time-..
"Yes, I'm certain she is overwhelmed. However... every second we wait here, is another second for the bandits to attack another person. Be aware of that. However, you are right... she'll be more comprehensible when she has some rest. Unless Randle has anything to say? Does anyone have a wrap or anything to stop the blood?" Maybe his hunger for a good ole debriefing had gone to his head. The gal needed some more time. Or, well, some treatment first.

"Err, yeah, I suppose we need to look after these wounds first," he said the low, steady voice he was familiar with. The sleuth groped for his knife and cut off a piece of the cheap sheets, wrapping it around his hand first and then turning to the people around the bed. "Can someone fetch me a strong drink? We might need some alcohol if we want the gal to keep her legs." Mortals were excessively prone to infections. His peg legged pal behind the bar was living proof.

Dylan pulls off his shirt and tightly wraps it around her wounds, and presses on it lightly to stop the bleeding. "I'm really not trying to hurt you but this probably hurts a little bit. I'm really sorry." He sounds genuine and worried about her.
"I was just walking here until I got attacked" Said Foxy as she yelped a bit

Auren had a gleam in his eye when he responded to Foxy. "Well, they're not going to be doing much attacking after we," motioning to Randle and himself, "are finished with them."

"I'll get the alcohol. Spirits know you don't need to get your hands on a drink!" After that little piece of banter, he hurried to get that bottle.

An adult, but he acted like a real kid at times...

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Adventurers' Quest! -Closed Topic-

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus