Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Adventurers' Quest! -Closed Topic-

"All I know that it was a wolf" Said Foxy
Vilmarys Nesheim (played by AdoniVae) Topic Starter

"Ah, then it was probably just a normal attack on the road, no worries, packs of wolves tend to do that. Here, eat something, you might need it. And follow me, if you want, you will need sleep to heal faster." I hand her some bread and cheese. "If you're coming, do you need help?"
"Yea" Said Foxy
~

"Well, let's see here... I had to kill a couple of vampires, dueled many, many idiots who thought my style was terrible, and generally missed your deductive skills- I've had plenty of headaches raised by some obscure pieces of information given by suspicious looking characters. Thankfully, they all resolved in the end, but you would have made it much easier..." Nah, now he was selling himself short. Auren had proved to be a resourceful partner and a great friend. His different outlook on things and his fantastic swordplay had came in incredibly handy more than once, not to mention the times the dhampir saved his furless backside. "Enough about me! How's the Crone Fate been treating you? I see we have here a lively couple, and a bigotist group in town. Anything else I need to know about- Is there an Old One in the mix?"
Auren obviously never stopped getting himself into and out of trouble; he was living the life, as some would call it, while Randle had settled his lazy tail in the Kingdom of Wood, too tired and bitter after.. the incident at Firnland Hill. The Husk's perky smirk fade away for a moment. Maybe Auren deserved to know about it, but now was not the time nor place to bring him the grave news. Besides, he needed answers before he could give him the full story.

"After the business at.. - err, Hogland City, was it? -, I decided I needed a.. break," Randle began. Oh damn it, one little reminder of the incident and he went all shaky and lame. Well, he wasn't actually shaking, but all the warmth and enthusiasm had gone from his body. Shouldn't he be happy about seeing this old ghoul again?
"Yeah, to be honest, life's been pretty dull since we lost track of each other. I was just looking for a job or bounty around here until you dropped by." Still focused on the brass-skinned man, Randle barely noticed the redhead rushing out of the tavern, uttering something about a scream or something. Wait, a scream?

"Aye." I pick her up and take her to the tavern. "Looks like there are some wolves on the road, if we are heading out anytime, we should keep that in mind." I take her to my room and lay her on the bed, "Here ya go, you can have my room. Try to eat and get some rest. Trust me, by the looks of your wounds you'd need it." I close the door and leave a candle lit. I walk back down, "Miss me?" I laugh and sit down at the bar.
Foxy tried to sleep, but she couldn't sleep at all.
Dylan Sylus (played by Laydrin_Conarsis)

Dylan's eyes.widen at the injured fox. He follows them to the room and sits on the bed next to him. "You poor thing." He has pity and sympathy in his voice and his posture indicate he is worried, as his touch his gently when he softly strokes her head.
~

All of a sudden, the redheaded girl burst through the door with a bleeding foxborn leaning on her shoulder. The strong, bitter scent of blood engulfed his nose along with.. something terribly familiar.
"Looks like there are some wolves on the road, if we are heading out anytime, we should keep that in mind," the fair red-haired girl spoke, hauling the beaten vixen up the stairs. Randle growled under his breath and waited until the sound of footsteps faded away a little. Those wolves weren't ordinary wolves, because those glorified mutts didn't kill or injure for pleasure. And with the vixen literally reeking of the scent of the dreaded Sage Dires, the sleuth concluded that the poor wounded foxborn revealed that those hairy bandits were still afflicting the generally peaceful Woods.
"I'll bet this is the Sage Dire's work, their stench is all over her. How about we talk to the dame first and pay these mutts a visit. Y'know, for old time's sake," Randle suggested. He was starting to feel lively again, or at least, as lively as you should feel when someone just came in nearly bleeding to death. Though this wouldn't be much of a brainteaser, the attempted murder on the mysterious vixen would be a decent case to get back into business with.
Auren Corvelon Aldor (played anonymously)

Auren raised an eyebrow. "That old coot? Well, I'll not say no.... After all, she did run away from my blade. In fact, I would love to join you- after all, you're gonna need help with those bandits...

The smell of blood... it tasted delicious... Auren had to shove that thought into the back of his mind. Thinking of blood that way is bad. It's not human. He had to focus on more pressing matters...

I nod, "The poor lass is terribly injured, I think it's best we wait for her to heal up a little bit more before interrogating her." I notice Dylan had gone up there with her, "OK, well at least don't crowd her, she is exhausted." I walk up the stairs but stop, "If you want to ask her, come on up." I smile and wave my hand as a gesture to follow. I walk into the room and see Dylan over her, "Be careful, as you can see, she is hurt quite bad. Those wolves did a number on her." I sit at the table in the corner and grab a book to start reading.

He growls deeply at Vil, looking up at her viciously. "You think?" He looks back down at the vixen softly. "It'll be OK." He continues to do his calming gesture. "Where did they go?"
Lyra (played by EterniGhost)

Lyra follows Vil to the fox. When she hears that it was a wolf, her ears perked up. "Do you remember what the wolf looked like?" she asked gently, not wanting to scare the animal more than she was. She smelled blood, and suddenly got hungry, but surpressed the thoughts. She could get food elsewhere.
"They were black and white" Said Foxy

"Alright. We're they super big?" His voice is soft and warm.
"They were about my size" Said Foxy

Auren held in a sigh of exasperation. Black and white... That was all? He knew it would make Randle's job easier if he had more information, so therefore....

"Anything else? Were the wolves frothing at the mouth? Were there people with the wolves? What was the pattern of black and white? Where did the wolves head after they attacked you- if you can remember."

A vague description was essentially useless.... Auren held his irritation in. Maybe that's why Randle was the detective, and he was the duelist... Auren knew that he would have gone insane with uncooperative witnesses.
"They were, and they ran twords a place, but I don't know what the place was" Said Foxy

Dylan looks at the man who begs for more information. "Hey OK we're done. We're probably over whelming her. We can ask tomorrow when she is a bit better."
Foxy looked at her side and groaned a bit in pain.

He turned to the man rebuking him. "Yes, I'm certain she is overwhelmed. However... every second we wait here, is another second for the bandits to attack another person. Be aware of that. However, you are right... she'll be more comprehensible when she has some rest. Unless Randle has anything to say?"

At that, he turned to his partner. Admittedly, he probably took his role of questioning, but Auren liked to have information. Perhaps a bit too much... Besides, Randle would probably be much better at questioning, now that Auren thinks about it in hindsight..

Another matter in mind... "Does anyone have a wrap or anything to stop the blood?"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Adventurers' Quest! -Closed Topic-

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus