Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Wizard's Tower

Darby waits expectantly for the door to open. He had planned on shouting out "Tricks for treats" but decided to "hide" until noticed. He grins, and his eyes twinkle with silent laughter.

"Gnome," he attempts to clarify just as the man shrinks down a chair. Darby claps his hands at the feat and exclaims an emphatic, "Oh, yes, indeed!" at the offer of refreshments.

He heads toward the just-right chair, and his eyes wander about the room. He doesn't notice the other person present until she speaks in greeting. The gnome tips his hat and gives a grand, sweeping bow. "And a pleasure to be met! Darby Murphy at your service, miss."
Cosmo Moonfall (played by Pantrane) Topic Starter

"Ah, a gnome.. Of course", Cosmo said as he poured a drink from the bowl. He walked over with a goblet of tangy, sweet punch. Offering it to the gnome, the glass was quite a large portion for his smaller size. Cosmo didn't notice, handing him the regular sized cup.

After handing over the drink, Cosmo walked over to a counter above a table near the punch bowl. He pulled out a velvet sack and brought it over to the newcomer. "For you, Mr. Gnome. A treat from the West. Shiny candy."

Cosmo handed over the small bag of treats to the gnome. Inside of it were sweet and fruity pieces of shiny rock candy. It looked crunchy and colorful. Some of it was even sour.
"Why, thank you, Mr. Pointy-Hat!" Darby responds with a wink. He's not taken back at all by the large size of the cup. "Very nice, very nice. Excellent decorations and refreshments!" He takes a swig from the goblet while the host fetches something and brings it to Darby. The little gnome is instantly intrigued by the sack, and he squirms a bit on the seat in anticipation.

Oddly enough, he seems to inspect the fabric of the sack for a few moments before opening it up and sniffing deeply at the candy. Various pieces are pulled out and looked over carefully, sniffed at again, and occasionally touched with the tip of the tongue.

"I wonder," he begins suddenly, "Are we to have any entertainment at this gathering?"
Seven (played by EterniGhost)

Seven smiled awkwardly, not used to that kind of greeting.

The hybrid laughed slightly as she saw the size of the cup related to the small gnome. She strained her neck, trying to get a glimpse of what was inside the sack. Darby seemed to be interested as well. He pulled out a few pieces of candy, and their scent hit Seven's nose, but before she could identify what they were, he spoke up. "Do you have any interesting stories to tell?" she asked him.
Cosmo Moonfall (played by Pantrane) Topic Starter

As Seven mentioned stories, it seemed to answer the man's question about entertainment. "Why yes, good sir. We were sharing stories. Perhaps something spooky for the holiday." The animated book rejoined the group, poking out from behind Seven's chair. The familiar was a living book placed on a metal pedestal with legs.

The book's name was Page. It flapped its pages quickly back and forth to show how it got its name.
"Hmm, spooky stories...," he pauses to think and place the treat bag somewhere within his jacket, "Can't say that I've got many spooky stories, but I've got a few comical ones. Once, one of my gold stashes disappeared from the forest. It was a rainy, gloomy day, and I felt about the same way." At that moment Darby simply disappears and then continues on in a more ominous voice just above a whisper, "I shuffled around for awhile to look for it, but it simply would not be found. I had just turned to head home when... someone... showed up. This someone was a someone I had not seen before, and she snuffled about looking for something. So I made myself invisible and followed her. She was like a fox or a cat and a person put into one. She kept searching about until she found some blue mushrooms. I knew then that she hadn't taken my jewels. But a friend of mine, a pixie, accosted the someone and decided to go with her. So, I wanted to have some good fun and frighten my friend and continued on behind." As he continues his story, his voice moves around the room; sometimes it pauses and then begins again right behind one or the other of his listeners. This time he slips behind Seven and speaks as closely to her ear as he can reach, "Finally we found ourselves at the foot of a hill. There were clever little lanterns dotting here and there - full of fireflies, they were. But the hillside was covered in thick, heavy briers and thorn bushes. Well, she knew the way up the hill, but a did not. I followed as best I could, and almost at the top I meant to teleport to the door," his voice pauses for only a moment and suddenly is next to Cosmo. His fingers poke into the adepts leg as he continues, "But I landed in a heavy patch of thorns. And those buggers grabbed at me good. When I finally got away, I rolled tumble-bumble, pell-mell and, Whump!" he suddenly bumps into the book stand, "into the door. I gave them a little fright, but my friend knew it was me. The worst part was having those stupid thorns stuck in my hand." He returns back to visibility as he finishes his story and heads back to the little chair and large cup of punch. "Who's next?"
Seven (played by EterniGhost)

Seven looked eagerly at Darby, waiting to hear his story. So I made myself invisible and followed her. She was like a fox or a cat and a person put into one. Seven imagined what this would be. She shivered as he creeped up beside her, and relaxed when he walked over to Cosmo. But I landed in a heavy patch of thorns. "Oh! Hopefully it didn't hurt you too much," She smiled at him when he finished, and turned to Cosmo. "Do you have anything?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Wizard's Tower

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus