Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » The cosplay thread!

Darth_Angelus Moderator

For those of us who go to convention and like to dress up for it!

Here's my most recent cosplay photo.

timemachine.jpg

Yes, that is real ;)
I rarely cosplay... But I did cosplay my OC for Halloween this past year; I made a Halloween thread way back but I can't seem to find it now...
Kim Site Admin

Funnily enough, I am currently field testing an upgrade to our site search that will include searching for forum topics, and look what popped right up when I typed in Halloween? :D

http://www.rprepository.com/community/forumthread.php?t=102
Kim wrote:
Funnily enough, I am currently field testing an upgrade to our site search that will include searching for forum topics, and look what popped right up when I typed in Halloween? :D

http://www.rprepository.com/community/forumthread.php?t=102

And there you have my cosplay <3

And that thread has Kim's outfit that she's wearing in her avatar!
Darth_Angelus Topic Starter Moderator

Impressive, all three of you :)
I need to get a good shot of my hooves :3
I'm going to make a Pokemon cosplay of a Lilligant gijinka for this upcoming AnimeNext.

It's going to be my first actual cosplay that I'm making myself, so I'm excited about it. c:
Aw, I wish I was going to Anime Next THIS year. I'm probably getting a table there for next year.

I'm only going to Connecticon and Otakon for the rest of the year.

Those are not Dragon*Con :(
Where is that?
Ell

Awesome Ten costume, Darth! Wait...THE TARDIS? As in, the TARDIS?

I saw SO many good costumes at Gallifrey One this year, but I didn't have time to throw anything together for it myself. The roomie has an extra pass for one Comicon day and I may steal it, but I'll see if it conflicts with work. Need to get crafty like you lot. Kim, that dress is so amazing, I have to sweep up my jaw up off teh floor and see if I can get a good exfoliating scrub that will get the green I've turned from envying you out of my skin.
I've went to VisionCon here in my city as Edward Elric. I would have loved to do some scence shots... but I only have a phone for a camera so quality would have been bad. Maybe one day I can have cool shots. (My bf went as a Jedi... That was a weird combo.)

Ed1.jpg

Ed2.jpg

Ed3.jpg

(I had to button my coat to try and make it less obvious I was a girl during the convention xD)
Angelus-sama

ohshi--The real TARDIS?!

I once went to an anime convention dressed as Alice Margatroid from Touhou... I have pictures, I'm too lazy to upload though.. haha.

f0x1nth3b0x wrote:
Where is that?

It's in Atlanta.

Ell and Angelus, yes, the real TARDIS :D

It's on display at the Doctor Who Experience in London.

Kuroi, I'm afraid I don't recognise the character but I do like the costume.
I have never cosplayed before (I'd like to!), but one Halloween I dressed up as a Pokemon Trainer.

Sadly no pics, sorry guys. But I do have the (falling apart) Styrofoam Ultra Ball I made. I should dig that up...
Ilmarinen Moderator

Someday I'll cosplay as Conan and it will be glorious.
Ell

For a second, I thought you meant Conan as in "Conan O'Brien", and I was thinking about how awesome that would be, and then how you might pull that off. But the barbarian is good too.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Why not both at the same time!?
Ell

The best part of cosplaying is the liberating feeling you get by pretending to be someone else, even if the costume's not tremendously elaborate. I remember a bunch of my friends and I went to a Disney Halloween party as some folks from Jurassic Park and even as simple as our costumes were, it was SO FUN! We roped one of our friends into being part of our party, and she liked it way more than she thought she was going to. It was interesting to see the delighted reactions of people who "got" our costumes, and then more delighted reactions from those people we explained our costumes to. The craziest part was when a big fancily dressed group of people pointing at US and asking if they could take pictures with us. I wish I knew where those pics went!

Also, I believe, and I'm sure you all are with me on this, members of the opposite sex (or same sex, if you're into that) who cosplay earn like ten trillion attractiveness points in my estimation. :D!

This was filmed at the convention I went to recently.

You won't find me in there, I was waiting in a long line and didn't find out about it until afterwards but some of my friends are. Thought you guys might enjoy it :)

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » The cosplay thread!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus