Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Door to the Wastes

Alvara (played by AmongstTheStars)

Alvara grinned, seeing how everyone completely dodged Williams statement to leave. The only way to get out was the way they came in, or so she thought. But good luck getting back there without running into some issues. She followed shortly behind Dulirn, hearing Tovin from behind.

Alvara looked to the left, seeing a dusty book and some tombs. She was overly curious about the book considering it was half open. Alvara wanted to read the pages and see why they were open. Maybe William knew of this place and what the book was supposed to do. Alvara looked right, there was a wooden door with an iron knocker in the shape of a wolf. How strange... She looked at Tovin as he spoke then looked back at Dulirn, waiting for a response.
William (played by Treel)

William fallows behind everyone until he reaches the two rooms he then looks into the room that is filled with dusty tomes and a half open book "Viker do you think you could tell me what that book says" viker kaws as they fly into the room and hover over the book you then hear consecutive kaws "I see thank you viker" and with that viker returns to Williams shoulder

Alvara turned to face William, “what does it say?”. Her tone was a bit excited and anxious but she tried to cover it up. She was very impatient and curious to hear what it said. After all it was a book and she loved books. Maybe this one was of magic? Most likely, considering this tower was magic.

William looks towards alvara "Its the evil wizards journal the page its on is the last entry he put in."
Dulirn (played by Juls)

"Let us have a quick look in there..." Dulirn stated, pointing toward the study. "Perhaps we can find a reference to where the Black Pearl might be," he added eagerly. The wizard was unable to resist the temptation to peer at the very books that Sezrekan had once read. "His journal? That could very well make mention of the Pearl..."

William looks at Durlin "what's the black pearl? Is it something that can help us get out of here. "

Alvara followed Dulirn into the room. She was very tempted to read his journal but this man was evil. There could easily be something more powerful in there that shouldn’t be mentioned. Alvara looked at Tovin and William, staying far behind them all. It would be best if she kept away. Dulirn was interested in it and she would allow him to read it, trying to find anything about the Black Pearl. Alvara leaned against the wall, looking down and thinking.
Dulirn (played by Juls)

"The object of our quest here..." he explained to William, but kept his explanation intentionally brief, still suspecting the other may challenge him for it. "A conduit of magic."

He grew excited as they entered the room, scanning titles of various books and reading them aloud. While the arms and armor had been easy for him to resist, these were much more... tempting. "Ecology of the Goblin" , "Properties of the Domesticated Troll", "Strategies & Tactics from the Earlex Civil War", "Grey Wizard’s Treatise on Advanced Transmutation"

William enters the room and begins silently looking through the bookshelves not for anything in particular but just to pass the time until everyone is ready to leave, After a few moments William spots a crud leather bound book the title seems to have been worn away due to poor conditions he grabs it and begins thumbing through the book it appears to be an index of all the magical items throughout the wizards lair, seeing this William begins looking through it with a little more seriousness reading about staffs that could summon lightning from the heavens and doors that lead to different planes of existence, he then decides to look for the black pearl that Dulirn spoke of Viker who is perched on Williams shoulder is also reading the book. "Hey Dulrin could you tell me what it is the black pearl does and what you might want with it?"
Dulirn (played by Juls)

When William locates the entry for the Black Pearl, he finds this:

29vf3f5.jpg

Dulirn, still looking over the collection of books, unaware of exactly what Willam was reading, replied, "...a conduit of magic, as I said... It will protect my own home while I venture forth on my never ending quest for knowledge of the arcane arts."

Alvara looked at William, seeing him find a book and opening it. It probably just had something to do with magic so Alvara relaxed once more, crossing her arms. She watched as Dulirn continued to look through everything, being very intrigued. Alvara lightly sighed through her nose, looking back at William. He had found something... something that he had a question about. Was it the Black Pearl? Or some other magical item in this wicked tower? Alvara listened to the both of them talk of this magical item. She truly couldn’t care less what it did as long as it got her a reward in the end. But a certain word intrigued her, protect. “Protect ay?” She asked, raising a brow. Surely a wizard who could cast spells and such didn’t need that much protection. I mean...he wasn’t the best with the sword or any other weapons. Maybe his magic weighted it out evenly?? Alvara leaned her head back against the wall with a sigh of exhaustion.

"You were telling the truth about it being a conduit for magic but what you have been dishonest about is your intentions." William continues looking down into the book "so your going to place a beacon for corrupt souls in the middle of your home in order to protect it? I feel like it would cause more harm then good to your home since it would draw monsters from up to five miles away. or perhaps do you plan on using it for a ritual of power? or maybe you wish to use it to increase your own prowess making it so you are unable to be hurt by the blade of your foes. so i will ask again what do you want with this item?"
Tenaarad (played by Gambit) Topic Starter

Hearing Williams question Tovin grips his blade tighter. He stares at William from behind Dulirn. Tovin didn't know much about this thing but it asked a lot of questions, and who's to say it's being entirely truthful. Tovin steps closer to Dulirn to ensure he knows that i'm near by.

Tovin glances at Alvara's expression and it's not reassuring.
Dulirn (played by Juls)

So engrossed in looking at book titles, it took Dulirn a moment to sense the tension shift in the room. But then he stood up straight and looked toward William, suddenly wondering exactly what the man was holding in his hands.

"How I choose to protect my home is little concern of yours, warlock," he said the last word as if he found it distasteful.

Alvara stiffened as she moved her head away from the wall. She looked back at William, listening to him speak. He said that Dulirn might have lied about this item but she truly didn’t know. If this item was going to cause chaos she wouldn’t allow it, but we’ll just see when we get there. She looked at Tovin, seeing him step closer to Dulirn.

Alvara let out a sigh and just listened, trying not to get involved. The only thing that mattered to her was getting a reward. She looked back and forth between Dulirn and William, “let’s chill down a bit, ok?”. Alvara moved away from the wall, readying her stance if anything like that was necessary.

"Fair enough, I did not mean to offend you I just find it strange that someone would want an item that the evil wizard used." After saying this William closes the book and uses one of his wings to carry it "this book could come in handy if we happen across an item where unsure of."
Dulirn (played by Juls)

The tension seemed to fade slightly then, but Dulirn straightened himself up further. "Sezrekan was not always evil," he lectured. "In fact, when he built this very tower, he was still considered a protector of the land. It was not until many years that he became corrupted himself."

Alvara watched as William closed the book and held it with his wing. She had never seen wings on a warlock...
actually she had never seen a warlock. She had only read or seen paintings of them, so this was a bit different for her.

Her attention moved to Dulirn, clearly aggravated at him. He needed to focus and not waste time on arguing. “Dulirn!” She stated angrily, giving a look to shut up and move on. Alvara walked closer to the group, giving everyone a look to move on. “There is no need for the foolishness” she explained while stiffening her stance.

"that is true Sezrekan wasn't always evil. Alvara is right we should start looking for the way out, we should take the journal it might help us to avoid any traps that might have been set up." William then leaves the dusty room and heads over the the door with the iron wolf knocker. "Do you think it is safe to open?"
Tenaarad (played by Gambit) Topic Starter

As you look over the door you realize there is no handle, also on the other side you can hear the wind, even feel it underneath the crack of the door.

Tovin raises a brow at the door "I don't know about dangerous but maby I could break it down." He raises the great hook blade waiting for a response.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Door to the Wastes

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus