Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Door to the Wastes

William (played by Treel)

"You were telling the truth about it being a conduit for magic but what you have been dishonest about is your intentions." William continues looking down into the book "so your going to place a beacon for corrupt souls in the middle of your home in order to protect it? I feel like it would cause more harm then good to your home since it would draw monsters from up to five miles away. or perhaps do you plan on using it for a ritual of power? or maybe you wish to use it to increase your own prowess making it so you are unable to be hurt by the blade of your foes. so i will ask again what do you want with this item?"
Tenaarad (played by Gambit) Topic Starter

Hearing Williams question Tovin grips his blade tighter. He stares at William from behind Dulirn. Tovin didn't know much about this thing but it asked a lot of questions, and who's to say it's being entirely truthful. Tovin steps closer to Dulirn to ensure he knows that i'm near by.

Tovin glances at Alvara's expression and it's not reassuring.
Dulirn (played by Juls)

So engrossed in looking at book titles, it took Dulirn a moment to sense the tension shift in the room. But then he stood up straight and looked toward William, suddenly wondering exactly what the man was holding in his hands.

"How I choose to protect my home is little concern of yours, warlock," he said the last word as if he found it distasteful.
Alvara (played by AmongstTheStars)

Alvara stiffened as she moved her head away from the wall. She looked back at William, listening to him speak. He said that Dulirn might have lied about this item but she truly didn’t know. If this item was going to cause chaos she wouldn’t allow it, but we’ll just see when we get there. She looked at Tovin, seeing him step closer to Dulirn.

Alvara let out a sigh and just listened, trying not to get involved. The only thing that mattered to her was getting a reward. She looked back and forth between Dulirn and William, “let’s chill down a bit, ok?”. Alvara moved away from the wall, readying her stance if anything like that was necessary.

"Fair enough, I did not mean to offend you I just find it strange that someone would want an item that the evil wizard used." After saying this William closes the book and uses one of his wings to carry it "this book could come in handy if we happen across an item where unsure of."
Dulirn (played by Juls)

The tension seemed to fade slightly then, but Dulirn straightened himself up further. "Sezrekan was not always evil," he lectured. "In fact, when he built this very tower, he was still considered a protector of the land. It was not until many years that he became corrupted himself."

Alvara watched as William closed the book and held it with his wing. She had never seen wings on a warlock...
actually she had never seen a warlock. She had only read or seen paintings of them, so this was a bit different for her.

Her attention moved to Dulirn, clearly aggravated at him. He needed to focus and not waste time on arguing. “Dulirn!” She stated angrily, giving a look to shut up and move on. Alvara walked closer to the group, giving everyone a look to move on. “There is no need for the foolishness” she explained while stiffening her stance.

"that is true Sezrekan wasn't always evil. Alvara is right we should start looking for the way out, we should take the journal it might help us to avoid any traps that might have been set up." William then leaves the dusty room and heads over the the door with the iron wolf knocker. "Do you think it is safe to open?"

As you look over the door you realize there is no handle, also on the other side you can hear the wind, even feel it underneath the crack of the door.

Tovin raises a brow at the door "I don't know about dangerous but maby I could break it down." He raises the great hook blade waiting for a response.

William steps to the side "if you believe breaking the door down is the best idea i wont stop you."
Dulirn (played by Juls)

"Foolishness?" For the first time, the wizard's ire seems directed at her. "You have spent most of this trip pointing angry glares in my direction, as if I were personally responsible for the existence of an evil wizard that died hundreds of years ago, before I was even born. If anyone needs to give up her foolish notions, it is you."

"Break it down," Dulirn said to Tovin.

Alvara shoots him an angered glare. Hearing him speak made her blood boil, she just wanted to get this thing over with. She said nothing but her eyes said it all. Her eyes looked like that of a blood red, wanting to kill. All she wanted to do at the moment was stab someone or something. Get her hands dirty with blood. She stepped further away from him, trying to contain herself. Alvara blinked quickly then listened to Tovin speak. Tovin spoke to kick down the door and she said nothing, just kept looking at Dulirn.

William tells Viker to transform into a spear and he readies himself for any possible enemy attacks. "there might be an enemy on the other side of this door i suggest everyone ready themselves just in case"

“Mhm will do” she turned to face the door, looking away from Dulirn. Alvara grabbed her daggers, spinning them around. She was most comfortable with either a dagger or a bow, not so much the sword but she still carried it if it was needed.

((Sorry I wasn't posting, around 3, I got a massive migraine.))

Tovin squares up against the door, with his Tathneer raised. "Alright, stand back."

He reels back the head of the blade and slams it into the door pick first, splinters of wood dust the floor. He pulls the head out and repeats the process twice. The last strike lands with much more of an echo than before. Tovin then adjusts his position and uses the Tathneer more like a bottle opener, wrenching down and prying up, the room is filled with the sounds of Tovin grunting and the shattering of wood. Eventually with one finale heave the door gives way, on the other side is... Trees? and grass and moon light. you all can feel the calm soft breeze pour out from the entrance.

Tovin grasps the Tathneer with one hand and scratches his head with the other. "Wait, hold on, did I miss something? How are we outside!"
Dulirn (played by Juls)

"It could be that the gate took us outside the tower completely," Dulirn opined, brushing off Alvara's latest murderous glares to focus on the scene outside the door.

"Or perhaps it is but an illusion. It is difficult to tell without venturing forth," he looked toward William. His momentary stand-off with the other magic-user put aside in favor of the pursuit of the ultimate goal. "When the orb broke and you came out, were you in the same room as when Sezrekan trapped you?"

"no before i was trapped we were having a battle on the very top of the tower, hes probably changed the layout of the tower since then so I'm afraid i probably wont be of much help." William looks into the open area "do you think this is an illusion made to trap us? i could cast a spell of true seeing if its an illusion it should dissipate."
Dulirn (played by Juls)

"It very well could be..." the wizard answered amicably, then said "That would be most appreciated."

It was also a good opportunity for Dulirn to evaluate the warlock's magic to see what information he glean about its source of power, as well as William's casting style. Did it, for example, require the use of this Viker? Did William use his hands? Or his voice? Both, perhaps?

"i can only give it to one person at a time so im gonna use you dulirn as the first person since you appear to be the most magically adept" William walks over to Dulirn and places his hands over dulirns eyes and begins silently chanting in a language unknown to anyone here as this happens Dulirn feels his eyes begin to flood with magic and it feels as if he is looking through a crystal lens anyone watching will see a flash of light coming from Williams hands as he recites the incantation and you will also notice a strange aura being channeled to William from Viker "there you go you should be able to see things the way they truly are."

Alvara watched at Tovin began prying open the door as she continued spinning her daggers around . She tilted her head to the side from what she saw...trees? The outside? How in the world did this door lead outside. Alvara paused, looking over at Dulirn as he spoke. Her face wasn’t as happy as it was before talking or seeing him...something was just bothering her.

She looked at William as he spoke, listening to him talk of using his magic. He would cast a spell that caused the eye to see clearly...correctly. As William walked over to Dulirn she tilted her head. Williams hand moved over Dulirns eyes as a flash of light appeared from Williams hands. How fascinating... she looked at Viker, seeing a blue aura being channeled to William. So his power is from Viker??? She asked herself. Alvara sighed and put away her daggers, waiting on Dulirns reaction.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Door to the Wastes

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus